• Send PM

Beach Mack is too old find a different center

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      just for the record, am on the Jonnu and JJ bandwagon....

QB Matt Schaub
      WR JuJu Smith Schuster
      TE Jonnu Smith, Jared Cook, David Njoku (trade)
      OG John Miller
      OC Alex Mack
      SCB Brian Poole
      CB Troy Hill
      SS John Johnson
      Schaub retired
      I don't see JuJu
      Mack is too old - he will be 35. Maybe as a fall back if the market gets crazy at Center for Linsley, Ritter, Karras
      Miller is interesting but I think they have better options like Feiler, Feliciano, Warford, Easton,

Troy Hill - I can see him

JJ3-- I think he will be a Chargers player actually

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        I think it’s Easton Stick’s job to lose as QB2. I don’t know if we need a veteran QB at this point. That’s what the QB coach’s job is.
        Agree about the coach part, we shouldn’t use roster spots and dollars on mini-coaches. if he needs a vet QB, hire a vet that just retired as an additional coach and put him in that room. But i don’t know Easton is a backup caliber QB. I haven’t seen him take any significant snaps since his rookie camp, and he was definitively not an NFL backup Qb at that time. Cardale outplayed him that PS. 2 full seasons later running scout teams etc, maybe we will see him in PS games this year (are there any)?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree about the coach part, we shouldn’t use roster spots and dollars on mini-coaches. if he needs a vet QB, hire a vet that just retired as an additional coach and put him in that room. But i don’t know Easton is a backup caliber QB. I haven’t seen him take any significant snaps since his rookie camp, and he was definitively not an NFL backup Qb at that time. Cardale outplayed him that PS. 2 full seasons later running scout teams etc, maybe we will see him in PS games this year (are there any)?
          I don't think Stick will be QB2 come the season. They need a better option. I never understood the pick a few years ago - maybe he envisioned Taysom Hill or something. I really don't know

I think Alex Smith will be too expensive. Maybe its Mullens or Beathard from the NIners. I have seen Brissett mentioned - he might be worth it depending on cost.

Drew Brees and Rivers haven't officially retired yet? kidding

Comment

• therber219
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2017
            • Iowa
            • Send PM

I think he benefitted from Wentz coming out of the same school.. He took over when Wentz was drafted and went something like 49-3, so I think they saw more than was there.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think Stick will be QB2 come the season. They need a better option. I never understood the pick a few years ago - maybe he envisioned Taysom Hill or something. I really don't know

I think Alex Smith will be too expensive. Maybe its Mullens or Beathard from the NIners. I have seen Brissett mentioned - he might be worth it depending on cost.

Drew Brees and Rivers haven't officially retired yet? kidding
              I thought Phil did lol. we haven’t seen Easton in a couple years, really - but I wasn’t impressed with his arm last time I saw it. Thats a key attribute I look for in my QBs
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

It’s nice that Cardale Jones finally outplayed a rookie. And yeah, I agree that Stick wasn’t an NFL caliber backup at that time. But he showed promise and most importantly he was a rookie still learning the ropes unlike Jones.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I thought Phil did lol. we haven’t seen Easton in a couple years, really - but I wasn’t impressed with his arm last time I saw it. Thats a key attribute I look for in my QBs
                  I meant filing paperwork with the NFL. I have read that Rivers hasn't filed. Brees - it doesn't matter - the Saints can release him - he doesn't need to retire. Cap hit doesn't change. Unless he decides he doesn't want to retire.

As for Stick - as posted above - maybe it was the Wentz connection but right, not impressed with his arm.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

I don't need a back-up pulling in something close to 5 mil, which Smith would surely command. Maybe more from one of these cash drunk franchises.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Not that it means anything but PFF has us signing JJIII for 4/55 and Linsley for 3/33 and resigning HH but didn't give a number.
                      Tyrod the Eagles 2/10, Ingram to Ravens 2/20

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Not that it means anything but PFF has us signing JJIII for 4/55 and Lindsay for 3/33 and resigning HH but didn't give a number.
                        Paying JJIII almost $14 APY is crazy unless we don’t intend on keeping Derwin.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I meant filing paperwork with the NFL. I have read that Rivers hasn't filed. Brees - it doesn't matter - the Saints can release him - he doesn't need to retire. Cap hit doesn't change. Unless he decides he doesn't want to retire.

As for Stick - as posted above - maybe it was the Wentz connection but right, not impressed with his arm.
                          I heard that he wants to retire a Charger. They can bring him back on Phillip Rivers' day and have the home stadium crowd boo him.
                          Probably should have Phillip Rivers' day on the road...... Indy?

Comment

Working...
                          X