• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
    I am worried about DL depth. Any injuries to the starters and we are in trouble again like when Justin Jones and Bosa were out last year and we got run all over. We were about avg in run D for the year.
    Any FA D-linemen we can sign? That, plus watch the cuts and practice squads later on..."a poaching we will go..."

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      I go to another forum where it’s fans of all 32 teams. And the posters on there are pretty smart as well. It is funny to see the contrast some of us have with others outside our team. We were definitely considered winners by many.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/t...rs-and-losers/
      Nobody knows. I feel like over the years we’ve drafted a few players that I was very excited about and thought were can’t miss but that number is so small. Under a handful. The rest is hope and prayer.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

This DT draft class sucked. We may be able to get a contributor from the UDFAs or even dip back into FA for a rotational guy. Additionally let’s see if Broughton has anything even as a 7th rounder.
        https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...kle/available/
        We just need better rotation. Square I believe was the backup to JJ and he was awful.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Staley says he likes Fehoko, Broughton and Gaziano as under the radar contributors..
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

We just need better rotation. Square I believe was the backup to JJ and he was awful.
            Square was rotational depth that was older (32) and shouldn’t have been playing as many snaps. People forget that he’s been on and off this team since at least 2014. This is why you try to draft younger and better to replace someone like him as depth. Or get someone younger in FA.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Staley says he likes Fehoko, Broughton and Gaziano as under the radar contributors..
              This is gonna be a test of the age ok’d argument of whether it’s the coaching or the players

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Square was rotational depth that was older (32) and shouldn’t have been playing as many snaps. People forget that he’s been on and off this team since at least 2014. This is why you try to draft younger and better to replace someone like him as depth. Or get someone younger in FA.
                WE have 8 interior DL. two R, two 1yr, two 3 yr, one 4, one 12 yrs experience. With the exception of Joseph we're pretty young. We do need some of the young guys to come through. Staley's D concepts will make a difference vs how our young vets played for Gus.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Sherman as a DS/coach makes sense to me. Plenty of young guys would benefit being around him no matter how many steps he lost.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

This DT draft class sucked. We may be able to get a contributor from the UDFAs or even dip back into FA for a rotational guy. Additionally let’s see if Broughton has anything even as a 7th rounder.
                    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...kle/available/
                    I like Cortez in a gap penetrating front. We should finally see some kind of production.
                    Dipping back into FA as TC gets close/in process could make sense.
                    I do want to see what Fehoko, TJ Smith, and (new dude) Goldwire have to offer. They are all different body types, athletic profiles, and came from big time programs/conferences.

Gaziano might have a shot to make the PS again.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      Sherman as a DS/coach makes sense to me. Plenty of young guys would benefit being around him no matter how many steps he lost.
                      Popper in his chat yesterday said Sherman, Ingram or Hayward will not be Chargers.

He think Telesco might do a couple small signings with veterans but doesn't expect anything major. Would have to think Telesco is looking at Dline/EDge, CB or more OL depth.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Lots of potential with these guys. With Staley as a first year HC, it’s hard to put a value or have a concrete opinion of how we’ll stack up, so this off-season has been a giant waitNsee show.
                        suddenly we have potential for passrush
                        and an OL
                        pretty exciting times
                        A winning great football team that you could say is a dynasty, IE 49ers, Cowboys all are pretty much the same.
                        1. A franchise QB.... 49ers Steve Young /Joe Montana,Cowboys Troy Aikman, Chargers are starting with Justin Herbert check this box
                        2.A great RB.... 49ers Ricky Waters/Roger Craig Cowboys Emmitt Smith Chargers are starting with Austin Ekeler & co. Not quite there yet, and didn't address this in the draft.
                        2.A great DB or DB's 49ers Deion Sanders, Eric Davis Cowboys Deion Sanders, Larry Brown Chargers are stating with Michael Davis, Chris Harris, Asante Sammuel Jr. Not quite there yet, addressed this in the draft could Harris & Asante Jr. be pro bowl caliber some day, ? semi check this box with Chris Harris in the mix.
                        4.A great WR and #2 49ers Jerry Rice, John Taylor Cowboys Michael Irvin, Kevin Williams, Chargers have Allen & Williams. I would check this box.
                        5.A great TE 49ers Brent Jones Cowboys Jay Novacek Chargers have Jared Cook, Parham I would check that box.
                        6.A great Dline 49ers Dana Stubblefield/Bryant Young Cowboys Charles Haley/Lett/Tolbert Chargers have Bosa, Tillery, Nwosu, Rump I would check this box.
                        7.great Safety play 49ers Mcdonald/Hanks Cowboys Woodsen/Marion Chargers have James, ? I would check this box if James plays.
                        8.great Oline 49ers Barton/Wallace/Bart Jones Cowboys Allen/Williams/Newton Chargers have Slater/Linsley/Feiler I would check this box Finally.

So in making this assessment I would say the Chargers 2 areas that are going to be needed to be upgraded or addressed or at the very least one of the players is going to have to emerge as a new talent is RB and FS play and also our Dline needs to show if the young and new players can take it to the next level and apply constant pressure. Also IF the Chargers get good HCing we would appear to have the potential elements needed to be a great team and at the very least be a playoff team, again if everyone progresses and this new HC has the right stuff.

I can't wait for this season to start!

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Ontario , Canada
                          • Send PM

Which is why I wish they would have added someone better last year or this year in FA.

Comment

Working...
                          X