• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

This isn’t a mutually exclusive equation. he could truly mean it when he says they helped him a lot and they could at the same time be poor coaches in their assigned roles. 17th in points scored, folks. Staley is aiming higher, he’s not aiming to continue that. Great decision imo, i support it.
    Correct. Even though the Titanic ended up sinking, there were many workers who had a nice job...for a while...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

So... when Herb says something nice about a coach, is he (1) just being a classy guy, or (2) does he actually mean what he's saying? Could it be possible that BOTH are true?

You can't automatically assume it's (1), although the media make a living out of asking bad questions that put the player in a really unfortunate position, and therefore elicit meaningless responses.

Will Herb ever come out and say something critical of one of his coaches? Probably not!
      Always best to take the high road...Herbie has class...Pip and Stitch may have helped him personally, but apparently their talents, especially coupled with Lynn's incompetence, weren't enough to lift the team from several blunderous losses...welcome aboard, Quack! From OB to Santee, from San Ysidro to Escondido, eyyyyyeee want to hear MORE from you!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Always best to take the high road...Herbie has class...Pip and Stitch may have helped him personally, but apparently their talents, especially coupled with Lynn's incompetence, weren't enough to lift the team from several blunderous losses...welcome aboard, Quack! From OB to Santee, from San Ysidro to Escondido, eyyyyyeee want to hear MORE from you!
        La Mesa! Give me a call! Escondido! EYE want to hear from EWE!. Pacific Beach! Feed my ego!

Thank you for the welcome, T.C. Is it true that you're the "indisputable leader of the gang"?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

La Mesa! Give me a call! Escondido! EYE want to hear from EWE!. Pacific Beach! Feed my ego!

Thank you for the welcome, T.C. Is it true that you're the "indisputable leader of the gang"?
          Great memory, Quack! Ah, these young kids nowadays have no appreciation for the good old cartoons...and let's put it this way...the original Topcat scrounged for his meals and NEVER took a gov't. handout...unlike, ahem, SOME people nowadays...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Great memory, Quack! Ah, these young kids nowadays have no appreciation for the good old cartoons...and let's put it this way...the original Topcat scrounged for his meals and NEVER took a gov't. handout...unlike, ahem, SOME people nowadays...
            Where's Officer Dibble when you need him?!?

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Where's Officer Dibble when you need him?!?
              He's been defunded...

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                  I'm hoping our vets show up. With a new coaching staff & teammates, it will be important to our success.
                  Get your shots, wear a mask, just go to meetings, do walk throughs in shorts, whatever. Get to know everyone.
                  It's a team sport and this is a new Chargers team.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm hoping our vets show up. With a new coaching staff & teammates, it will be important to our success.
                    Get your shots, wear a mask, just go to meetings, do walk throughs in shorts, whatever. Get to know everyone.
                    It's a team sport and this is a new Chargers team.
                    I read where the players and coaches negotiated something. So my guess, many of the veterans will show up. Now a guy like Derwin, put him in bubble wrap and keep him on the sidelines. He can watch practice, film study. Videos of him on social media - the dude is in shape

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I read where the players and coaches negotiated something. So my guess, many of the veterans will show up. Now a guy like Derwin, put him in bubble wrap and keep him on the sidelines. He can watch practice, film study. Videos of him on social media - the dude is in shape

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery