• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah but we lost to Denver the first time. So we should win this time. That’s my logic and I’m sticking to it lol.
    After losing to the Chiefs, I expect nothing less than the Chargers wielding a womp stick.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

If Nasir can somehow get 22 tackles over the next 3 games we’ll have or 3rd 100+ tackler. Tall order, but not impossible.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        If Nasir can somehow get 22 tackles over the next 3 games we’ll have or 3rd 100+ tackler. Tall order, but not impossible.
        All we have to do is suck against the run and it's possible. Not usually good when a FS has 100 tackles lol.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          If James misses time, that may be reachable. It also means that other players aren't doing that much.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

thats fair

my point was more that signing him at this time of the year is not like spending big money in free agency on the guy
            the risk is nominal but he might make a play or two that guys like Campbell or Kiondre or whomever -- won't make. I am serious about this - one of these last three games - a stop here, a pass deflection there - could win a game.
            I agree 100%. I am fine with signing him for a playoff run. We need all the help we can get in the secondary right now.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Has this Staley Chargers team ever played well and beaten any good defense???

I believe all of our wins were close wins against bad defenses, where our offense is highly productive..... the WTF is playing decent defense now but started this season not being able to stop anything......

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                Has this Staley Chargers team ever played well and beaten any good defense???

I believe all of our wins were close wins against bad defenses, where our offense is highly productive..... the WTF is playing decent defense now but started this season not being able to stop anything......
                The Chargers have played the toughest schedule in the AFC.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

The offense has repeatedly played well enough to win against good defenses. The problem in those same games the D played badly. The O eeks out a slight win, but then we lose the ST and D parts of the game and end up losing overall.

If the O is going to win games on their own, they have to dominate, and they aren't good enough to do that yet.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    The offense has repeatedly played well enough to win against good defenses. The problem in those same games the D played badly. The O eeks out a slight win, but then we lose the ST and D parts of the game and end up losing overall.

If the O is going to win games on their own, they have to dominate, and they aren't good enough to do that yet.
                    And this is why I bring up the comment about a guy like Breeland for the last few games for cheap. The defense just isn't good enough and the offense cannot carry the team - -they are still learning. That even an upgrade to your 3rd CB at this time of the year - just might make a play or two here and there and win the game. Sometimes the Chargers just need a stop.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

And this is why I bring up the comment about a guy like Breeland for the last few games for cheap. The defense just isn't good enough and the offense cannot carry the team - -they are still learning. That even an upgrade to your 3rd CB at this time of the year - just might make a play or two here and there and win the game. Sometimes the Chargers just need a stop.
                      The #Vikings waived starting CB Bashaud Breeland after he got into a verbal altercation today at practice with coaches, took off his cleats and got into it with multiple teammates who were trying to calm the situation, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Too much to come back from.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) December 18, 2021

Breeland is in his eighth NFL season, and this was his first with Minnesota. He had started 13 games at cornerback for the team, collecting 63 total tackles and two interceptions.

Advanced statistics indicate that Breeland has struggled this year, a suggestion that the 29-year-old took offense to. The Vikings clearly felt that the negatives outweighed the positives in light of his conduct Saturday and opted to move on

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Fan voting for the Pro Bowl has ended with Herbert and Slater on top:

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

You have earned a reputation of wanting every player that becomes available, regardless of their past behavior. Like a kid in a candy shop - "I want , I want".

Review your own posts and you'll see what I mean.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X