• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    So many seemed pretty impressed with Slaters pro day, even the 40 yard dash and bench press
    and no love so far for my son Cosmi who ran faster and benched more while 3 inches taller?
    I can’t be the only one impressed with those numbers right?
    Cosmi’s numbers are great, better than expected. His problem is his game tape. Plays off balance, lost at the 2nd level, lack of anchor, issues with inside moves.

If you wanna get bummed out about your boy, watch his tape vs Baylor:
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Cosmi’s numbers are great, better than expected. His problem is his game tape. Plays off balance, lost at the 2nd level, lack of anchor, issues with inside moves.

https://youtu.be/K2kyf1sG9hc
      He is not a finished product with technique. He has tools but needs to learn to use them better. Coachable but it will be a year or 2.
      Best traits = physicality, motor, grip strength, nasty finisher - all 4 are things I covet
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

If that Baylor game is his worst, I think with coaching he will be pretty good. When I watched him against LSU in 2019, Chaisson didn't do anything against him and only got a sack on a inside stunt that the OG didn't pick up so he had a free run.

Getting off balance I saw but that's coaching. Can be a little better at the second level but he isn't Darrisaw there either.
        He did 36 reps so he got stronger and that's a big thing too.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He is not a finished product with technique. He has tools but needs to learn to use them better. Coachable but it will be a year or 2.
          Best traits = physicality, motor, grip strength, nasty finisher - all 4 are things I covet
          So Ninja, do u think Cosmi will coach up better than Darrishaw?

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

I think plays off balance and lack of anchor go together (see Dan Feeney).
            Both have to be better set to handle power.

There is no earthly reason why Cosmi, an ex wrestler, should have balance (footwork) issues,
            Watching that college lineman forklift him really was a turnoff.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

There is no earthly reason why Cosmi, an ex wrestler, should have balance (footwork) issues,
              Yeah, watch him whiff on an inside move at 2:48 on the video. William Bradley-Kung is an NFL caliber player, but still a big turn off.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

So, for defensive linemen moves, we have:

1. The Spin move
                2. The Bull rush
                3. The Pancake
                ...and now...
                4. The Forklift

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So Ninja, do u think Cosmi will coach up better than Darrishaw?
                  Yes. Cosmi has technique issues (punch placement, strike timing, power step to counter inside moves, depth of passpro sets, anchor resets) which are coachable. There is no issue with his effort!

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yes. Cosmi has technique issues (punch placement, strike timing, power step to counter inside moves, depth of passpro sets, anchor resets) which are coachable. There is no issue with his effort!
                    Okay, so I'm thinking draft Little or Slater @#13, and Cosmi @#47...this is our best chance to rebuild our line. Good OT's don't grow on trees. Can't count on Bulaga to be healthy the whole year. Grab a corner in round 3, and Edge with our other 3rd round pick...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Okay, so I'm thinking draft Little or Slater @#13, and Cosmi @#47...this is our best chance to rebuild our line. Good OT's don't grow on trees. Can't count on Bulaga to be healthy the whole year. Grab a corner in round 3, and Edge with our other 3rd round pick...
                      I still haven’t given up on Pipkins. He’s going to get another off-season of coaching.
                      We also have Storm Norton. He played pretty well and will get the same coaching up this off-season.

We can use the draft capital to address other needs with an impact player in round 2.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We have serious need on OL, edge (multiple needed) and corner (multiple need especially if CH is released as.i envision). BPA.... Ideally trade down and grab another second and third if possible. Fortunately our positions of most need are very deep in this draft and they will also be deep in free agency this year given the fact that teams were projecting salary cap increases when contracts were signed and now there's a substantial differential from what was then projected due to a salary cap decrease.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

You're hired !

Comment

Working...
                          X