• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Yikes, I read those 151 pressures were the last three years, so it's actually four. So Villanueva in the last four years has 155. Again with more snaps but that isn't good.

I stand by my statement. Not interested till after the draft and if we need him, a one year cheap deal.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-27-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yikes, I read those 151 pressures were the last three years, so it's actually four. So Villanueva in the last four years has 155. Again with more snaps but that isn't good.

My stand by my statement. Not interested till after the draft and if we need him, a one year cheap deal.
      Yeah. I agree with that.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Its kind of crazy to see the actual numbers. I just paid for the service. Ill probably cancel after 1 month. But here is what i struggle with. And i have always been critical of the way PFF accumulates its stats...but from what Steeler fans tell me....it just makes no sense. I know QB also get charged with hurries and that its part of the evaluation there at PFF.

But just going off of what Steeler fans say? Up until 2019 when they ran out 2 shitty QBs they loved him. The way he played. There just has to be something off. Sure hes not what he once was....the fans i talk with seem to think he has gas in the tank. All sorts of reasons and excuses for the guy. I think they just love him. The man he is. The character. Its a total Charger guy ill just throw that out there.

I just dont know the details other than these numbers. Its why i paid the 35$. But all it did was sort of confuse me....and makes me question PFF even more to be honest. Maybe players are not getting a fair shake.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Its kind of crazy to see the actual numbers. I just paid for the service. Ill probably cancel after 1 month. But here is what i struggle with. And i have always been critical of the way PFF accumulates its stats...but from what Steeler fans tell me....it just makes no sense. I know QB also get charged with hurries and that its part of the evaluation there at PFF.

But just going off of what Steeler fans say? Up until 2019 when they ran out 2 shitty QBs they loved him. The way he played. There just has to be something off. Sure hes not what he once was....the fans i talk with seem to think he has gas in the tank. All sorts of reasons and excuses for the guy. I think they just love him. The man he is. The character. Its a total Charger guy ill just throw that out there.

I just dont know the details other than these numbers. Its why i paid the 35$. But all it did was sort of confuse me....and makes me question PFF even more to be honest. Maybe players are not getting a fair shake.
          I keep going back to Dennis Kelly. Has played both LT and RT. Would be a serviceable option. Maybe even Bobby Massie . Eric Fisher if healthy is the best option of course

I have also thought about Larry Warford - probably more OG - just signing a good solid OG and if need be, Feiler could move to LT . -- but I guess it depends on the draft.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

My guess is that Fischer is open to going back to KC on incentive deal
            backroom deal
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Yeah didn't know that was PFF and don't know what they constitute a pressure. All I know using their same formula, he isn't MUCH better than Tevi there. Also two different guys may have done each player and one is more critical than the other.
              Maybe to one guy a pressure is having to move one step away while the other guy is two steps. ... WTF knows.

But if we are using those things now, I'm sure they see those numbers and why he isn't signed yet for his asking price. What else is there to look at besides PFF? Wish there was a competitor that was better.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I keep going back to Dennis Kelly. Has played both LT and RT. Would be a serviceable option. Maybe even Bobby Massie . Eric Fisher if healthy is the best option of course

I have also thought about Larry Warford - probably more OG - just signing a good solid OG and if need be, Feiler could move to LT . -- but I guess it depends on the draft.
                There are definitely a bunch out there i would like. Even more so than AV. Just applying the cheap label on my desire to grab him. Its a major part of my desire to sign him. But he is likely waiting for teams to draft. And get a better offer. If we paid him big money i wouldn't be too stoked with that. I like those guys you mentioned though. And again the key is to have someone serviceable there... while you develop your 1st or 2nd round pick.

If i have a cheap temp LT on the roster that is better than Pipkins...it makes me feel better about that CB i took in round 1. And gives me more time to develop Walker Little after i take him round 2. If i use both 3's along with the 2 and move back into round 1 for Darrisaw? I may not have to use that cheap LT rental for long.

Trading back into round 1 would be a Telesco move. If slater or sewell were there at 13 its a no brainer.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  The other thing about Rothlesburger is even at this extremely late stage in his career, his processing speed is terrible. Earlier in his career he could run around and play sandlot but not now. So he holds the ball a long time. For years Steelers had to limit and simplify his reads. Often he only had reads on half the field. Not the smartest rock in the box.

TG
                  Ben had the quickest snap-to-release time in the NFL last year.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Yeah didn't know that was PFF and don't know what they constitute a pressure. All I know using their same formula, he isn't MUCH better than Tevi there. Also two different guys may have done each player and one is more critical than the other.
                    Maybe to one guy a pressure is having to move one step away while the other guy is two steps. ... WTF knows.

But if we are using those things now, I'm sure they see those numbers and why he isn't signed yet for his asking price. What else is there to look at besides PFF? Wish there was a competitor that was better.
                    Its crazy how much shit they have. And just going back over the years and the data...if teams just based their decisions on players with good PFF stats they would totally doing it wrong. There are a lot of players that are really good that have bad stats in areas of PFF. I just dont want to personally get to caught up in what im seeing there. I was better off without it...because i think the way they do stats may actually make me look like an idiot over time. lol

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Its crazy how much shit they have. And just going back over the years and the data...if teams just based their decisions on players with good PFF stats they would totally doing it wrong. There are a lot of players that are really good that have bad stats in areas of PFF. I just dont want to personally get to caught up in what im seeing there. I was better off without it...because i think the way they do stats may actually make me look like an idiot over time. lol
                      They decided NE has made the most hay in free agency so far.

Some sophisticated metric about how these moves will produce W's.

Kinda like WAR.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Ben had the quickest snap-to-release time in the NFL last year.
                        Seriously?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Seriously?
                          Yup. Depends on where you look but between 2.17 and 2.33 seconds on average. Steelers moved to a lot more shallow horizontal routes to help him get it out quick.
                          Why did Ben Roethlisberger feel the need to get rid of the football so quickly? Here are some theories.

Comment

Working...
                          X