Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Shoot, good catch. I meant to say Fisher. I get those two confused sometimes.

Fisher and Schwartz. Sounds like partners of an excellent law firm.

But I digress.
    FISHER & SCHWARTZ

“We protect your organization’s most valuable assets.”
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Villanuevas career blocking numbers. Shows quite a bit of consistency. Sure hes not mauling in the run game...and sure Ben got rid of the ball faster than he ever has in his career....but its not like Villanueva is being paid monster money. He is an upgrade and a temporary solution that allows you to let the draft come to you with panic selecting an OL simply because the position is such a glaring hole. Which it is. Unless the team is settled on Pipkins getting his chance. I know i would feel a lot better with AV starting over Pipkins. Sometimes players have down years. But if hes ultra cheap? Good locker room guy. A war hero. Technically sound. On the downside of his career. And it will show in the amount of money he earns. He may only be a 3-5M per year guy. Guarantee 6M over 2 years and draft his successor. The upgrades alone on our interior should show vast improvement for us in both pass pro and run blocking. So much of our issues were up the gut related.

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 12.08.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 12.15.33 PM.png

Comment

• bman6555
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Cincy reportedly now has interest.
        I would like for LAC to sign Villanueva late.
        A one year deal, while our promising, athletic, quick-footed OTs develop.
        I actually wouldn't mind Cincy signing him, as it takes them out of the equation for Sewell and he may slide enough where we could reasonably move up and draft him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

So Tevi had allowed 151 pressures the last three years, Villanueva 104. I'd assume with more snaps.

He is better for sure but unless it's a good deal for us on a one year deal,..... Pass.

Think maybe I'd wait til after the draft to sign him to that one year deal if he is available and he just might be

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 12.44.46 PM.png

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Lots of UFA safeties are available too.

With the predicted 10 OTs going in the first three rounds,
              there will surely be some interesting cuts in August.

We don't have to overdraft, or draft the wrong OT, should the stars not align.
              This. And then this again. We have multiple holes, and this draft is deep in most of them. TT can absolutely let this draft come to him and fill out our roster well. CB and OT feel like our biggest holes but TT could reasonably fill those spots with starters with any of our first 4 picks.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                Big Ben had the fastest average snap-to-throw time of any QB since 2012 last year. If Villanueva gave up more pressures and sacks than Tevi while protecting Big Ben getting the ball out in an average of 2.17 seconds then I’m going to pass 11 times out of 10. If he’s still available after the draft and he wants to come in for vet minimum to backup our rookie LT of the future then maybe.
                That is really surprising? Most would assume it was Brady who is quickest at getting rid of the ball.....and many supposed experts have talked about Ben being slow at that and hanging onto ball too long..... and anyone watching big ben would see him wait and wait and wait for someone to break open..... if that is really true, then its not surprising that he has not been signed.... and is there a point during a pass play that they start blaming the QB and not the blocker? Something has to be missing from that stat.....

Tevi looks artificially better because most passes were quick dump offs to RB's.... and on other plays, Herbie either fired the ball quickly or scrambled to buy time......

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Villanuevas career blocking numbers. Shows quite a bit of consistency. Sure hes not mauling in the run game...and sure Ben got rid of the ball faster than he ever has in his career....but its not like Villanueva is being paid monster money. He is an upgrade and a temporary solution that allows you to let the draft come to you with panic selecting an OL simply because the position is such a glaring hole. Which it is. Unless the team is settled on Pipkins getting his chance. I know i would feel a lot better with AV starting over Pipkins. Sometimes players have down years. But if hes ultra cheap? Good locker room guy. A war hero. Technically sound. On the downside of his career. And it will show in the amount of money he earns. He may only be a 3-5M per year guy. Guarantee 6M over 2 years and draft his successor. The upgrades alone on our interior should show vast improvement for us in both pass pro and run blocking. So much of our issues were up the gut related.

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 12.08.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 12.15.33 PM.png
                  I don't like those 13 QB hits and 27 hurries Villanueva allowed in 2020....

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Here i sorted these stats by Hurries for OTs. He is definitely high. Protecting one of the least mobile QBs in the league. Again im not trying to polish a turd here. You want premium blocking stats go out and pay 15-20M a season for a guy. But we are talking about upgrading Tevi and for a really short amount of time and possibly low rent. If you end up with Slater great. You can also throw him in at OG to start. You can at least have depth and let the best 5 play out in camp. Again this is just to have something in place pre draft so we are not forced to reach on a LT prospect. Who will likely need time to develop anyways if its not Slater or Sewell. Rookie LTs struggle way more than they dont typically. Sometimes players also do well with a change of scenery. Just Herberts abilities to move probably cut AVs numbers in half. lol

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 1.09.21 PM.png

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Is Tevi still a Charger?
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        Is Tevi still a Charger?
                        No, he signed with the Colts.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The other thing about Rothlesburger is even at this extremely late stage in his career, his processing speed is terrible. Earlier in his career he could run around and play sandlot but not now. So he holds the ball a long time. For years Steelers had to limit and simplify his reads. Often he only had reads on half the field. Not the smartest rock in the box.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X