• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Barone
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

That is correct. But look at the cap. Look at the coaches salaries. The football expenses should not exceed $300M. They got a great lease on the
    stadium. The loan from the NFL was for $500M but the NFL granted them a 30 year payback period. They also are building a new facility. When all
    is said and done they certainly have the potential to be a cash cow. Plus the equity keeps building up. Dean and Co. are in no hurry to sell. Dea will
    have to battle it out in court.
    I believe a third party is building the practice facility and will rent it to the Chargers. I don't know this for a fact but read it somewhere. If true, this seems highly unusual for an NFL franchise.

Comment

• Frank Barone
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • Send PM

Has anyone heard how the sale of Dea's 1/4 interest in the team is going?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Frank Barone View Post

I believe a third party is building the practice facility and will rent it to the Chargers. I don't know this for a fact but read it somewhere. If true, this seems highly unusual for an NFL franchise.
        I read that too - Chargers will lease it (e.g. rent). Good deal for LAC, well done FO team!
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Particularly for Owners who are building contractors . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Particularly for Owners who are building contractors . . . . . . . . . . .
            I don't think the Spani construction company is part of the project, are they? Is there still a Spanos construction company constructing anything anywhere?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don't think the Spani construction company is part of the project, are they? Is there still a Spanos construction company constructing anything anywhere?
              Good question . . . . . . . I have no idea if the Spanos's are still actively in the construction industry. Probably not - that would be too much work for the current Spanos crew . . . . . they prefer to ride on Granddad's coattails . . . . . . . and dream of 10$ billion purchase offers . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Good question . . . . . . . I have no idea if the Spanos's are still actively in the construction industry. Probably not - that would be too much work for the current Spanos crew . . . . . they prefer to ride on Granddad's coattails . . . . . . . and dream of 10$ billion purchase offers . . . . . . . .
                NFL parties are better, i think is what it might be.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

I’ll take the under 4.5 billion the FUdeans sell.
                  I think owners at the top of the nfl food chain own stuff. The FUdeans are renters. They don’t give one shiits damn about a successful franchise. Just show them the money.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Has anyone heard how the sale of Dea's 1/4 interest in the team is going?
                    I cant help to think that her husband is the real one pushing for this...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

I think owners at the top of the nfl food chain own stuff. The FUdeans are renters. They don’t give one shiits damn about a successful franchise. Just show them the money.
                      Complete Horseshit. I don't believe for a second the Spani don't give a damn about having a successful franchise. They have yearned for success for two generations.

It doesn't even make basic money sense. Successful franchises are worth more money. Successful franchises generate more free cash flow.

Plus, I can see it in Johnny's eyes

I See You Reaction GIF by ImaginApulia

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                        FUdean
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Complete Horseshit. I don't believe for a second the Spani don't give a damn about having a successful franchise. They have yearned for success for two generations.

It doesn't even make basic money sense. Successful franchises are worth more money. Successful franchises generate more free cash flow.

Plus, I can see it in Johnny's eyes

I See You Reaction GIF by ImaginApulia
                        I think they figured out who left the coke.

Comment

• Frank Barone
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

The Chargers rent their stadium and will be renting their practice facility. Seems like it would be simpler to sell the franchise if they are renting.

Comment

Working...
                          X