• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Complete Horseshit. I don't believe for a second the Spani don't give a damn about having a successful franchise. They have yearned for success for two generations.

It doesn't even make basic money sense. Successful franchises are worth more money. Successful franchises generate more free cash flow.

Plus, I can see it in Johnny's eyes

I See You Reaction GIF by ImaginApulia
    Everybody wants to win. Not everybody knows how to win or is willing to do what it takes to win.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Frank Barone View Post

The Chargers rent their stadium and will be renting their practice facility. Seems like it would be simpler to sell the franchise if they are renting.
      they have an incredibly favorable lease deal at Sofi, which would constitute an asset of value in a sale. its frankly a steal, forced on Kroenke by the league. I doubt their facility deal is that favorable, no idea on the details but I would guess the financial terms matter less than the operational value of having a top shelf facility the team can operate in.

Leasing facilities is more than usual nowadays for companies. But thats common commercial property that can be marketed to any company. I don't see the similar general market value to the builder of that facility. What other business entities would effectively utilize an NFL training facility that is custom built to those unique needs? I haven't solved the riddle of why the developers wanted to develop this property specifically for the Chargers, but its not my issue. Construction is well underway, making great progress. Should be ready for next season?

Re Spanos - I think they just don't have the capital to build it on their own. They are already leveraged on loans. We can whine and complain about it, it is what it is. Their net worth is the team, absent the team they are not particularly rich, certainly not NFL-rich.

I'd trade places with them anyway.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Everybody wants to win. Not everybody knows how to win or is willing to do what it takes to win.
        thats always been my take regarding the Spanos.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Everybody wants to win. Nearly everyone knows what it takes. Most struggle to put it all together for a season or more.
          Anyone who thinks there is a guaranteed path to win a Lombardi is kidding themselves.
          We are one in a cluster of teams that have a good shot in 2023. That's as good as it gets in July.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Good take Jamrock!
            Remember that Alex G is behind his families fortunes. His dim-witted progeny couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery! And Dea sees that. Wants no part of this clown act. Wants her money before the imbecile in charge does something really stupid.

Comment

• colorado
              Fan since '62
              • Jun 2023
              • Desert Rat
              • Nothing but time on my hands
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Good take Jamrock!
              Remember that Alex G is behind his families fortunes. His dim-witted progeny couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery! And Dea sees that. Wants no part of this clown act. Wants her money before the imbecile in charge does something really stupid.
              I thought earlier this year Dean already put the team in bankruptcy. The money he got for the move to LA all gone. At least that's what I thought I heard. .ch 11 protocol.
              Last edited by colorado; 07-18-2023, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Good take Jamrock!
                For all you know, Dea is the dumbest of the bunch. Maybe she sees, maybe she don't. Maybe she just wants her fucking money.

Rule #1 of money is unwavering: When they say its not about the money, its about the money. Its as immutable as Rule #1 of Fight Club, which I can't discuss.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Frank Barone View Post

The Chargers rent their stadium and will be renting their practice facility. Seems like it would be simpler to sell the franchise if they are renting.
                  The FUdeans rent because they are cheap fukers and are only in the game to get freebies. Trust fund kiddies tend roll that way.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                    FUdean
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

For all you know, Dea is the dumbest of the bunch. Maybe she sees, maybe she don't. Maybe she just wants her fucking money.

Rule #1 of money is unwavering: When they say it’s not about the money, it’s wants outabout the money. Its as immutable as Rule #1 of Fight Club, which I can't discuss.
                    She wants out of the cluster fuk that are the FUdeans. I’m in her corner. FUdean

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

The FUdeans rent because they are cheap fukers and are only in the game to get freebies. Trust fund kiddies tend roll that way.
                      no point even discussing with folks who's opener is "FUdeans".

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

no point even discussing with folks who's opener is "FUdeans".
                        Nope. It's not particularly witty or amusing.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                          FUdean
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Nope. It's not particularly witty or amusing.
                          Not meant to be. I’m bitter

Comment

Working...
                          X