Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    This thread is great - 100+ pages and still going strong on a WR who is, barring injury, at best 3rd on the depth chart.
    Its pretty fucking awesome. And 50 full pages written by just one guy, anyone know the record?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This thread is great - 100+ pages and still going strong on a WR who is, barring injury, at best 3rd on the depth chart.
      I just hope he feels really really really welcomed.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

In comparison, the Herbert thread frankly sucks.

Maybe Herbert could start insulting the legal profession to get things humming there.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          In comparison, the Herbert thread frankly sucks.

Maybe Herbert could start insulting the legal profession to get things humming there.
          Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
            WustinSlurbert
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Sorry guys, I was the one who opened the Josh Palmer thread back up. I did it because of all the buzz I've heard about him going into year 2. Let's let Chaincrusher have his opinion. I can't say he's wrong, and I can't say he's right. We just have to wait and see. I'm not gonna make any WR3 predictions, because honestly, either could take it. I'm not patient enough to see why Chaincrusher takes Guyton over Palmer, but that's his opinion. I don't see anything wrong with that. Plus, we've seen 2 years of Guyton play over 1 year of Palmer play. I just hope the better man wins, whomever that may be.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Trust me i like big threads. I like great debates. I dont like personal attacks and insulting each others intrellect. And if i warn about these things and they go unchecked...i have to draw a line. Im not a hardass....i just have to try and look at this community as a whole and some are really over the flame wars between CC and others.

So lets chill out and debate without crossing the line? Aloha

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post
                Sorry guys, I was the one who opened the Josh Palmer thread back up.
                Send him to Cabo!!!!

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                  WustinSlurbert
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Send him to Cabo!!!!
                  Cabo San Lucas?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

:killme: The 'CC effect'

Comment

• Duck of Death
                      Social Piranha
                      • May 2022
                      • Flyover, USA
                      • Send PM

Josh Palmer’s car is faster ...

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Young was a pocket passer. Montana was a pocket passer. Montana could run a bit early in his career too, not like Young but he scrambled and he definitely moved around in the pocket. Young was simply faster, bigger, stronger. He wasn’t the polar opposite of Montana and its ridiculous to try and claim he was. You specifically recommended QB2 be the opposite of Herbert. He was also Montana’s heir apparent, he was signed to take over the club, not just be a backup. The surprise was Montana performed a couple seasons longer than they anticipated and they couldn’t bench him when he’s winning divisions and playoff games.

Huntley is not a pocket pro set type of QB and you know it. Huntley is also no Steve Young. Stop with the bullshit disingenuous lies of omission and knowingly false comparisons. You know and you know that we know - show us the respect of being honest.

Guyton avg 18 YPC in 2020, 14 YPC in 2021. in 2022 he will only average 10 YPC. he is regressing back to his rookie result of zero and ergo - sucks. This is CC type of analysis
                        It is hilarious that you think Huntley could not be a pass more from the pocket just because he played in BAL's offense. At Utah, as a senior Huntley completed 73.1% of his passes and produced a 10.3 YPA for over 3,000 yards with a 19-4 TD-INT ratio. In the NFL last year, he completed 64.9% of his passes and his QBR was 49.0. In the same offense, former NFL MVP Lamar Jackson completed 64.0% of his passes and had a QBR of 52.0.

The point regarding Montana and Young is that Montana and Young were clearly very different QBs, which you claim is a poor approach. That Young later took over as the starter is totally irrelevant to the point being made. Nobody ever said that Huntley is Steve Young. You are just making up crap because I showed one of numerous examples of how your theory that the starting QB and QB2 need to be similar is complete BS.

Also, I specifically stated that I wanted our QB2 to be able to be an effective runner as a potential change of pace to Herbert. That did not mean that I did not want to be able to pass the ball competently as well. Only your strange interpretation of what I said could twist it into that.

Finally, your post regarding Guyton demonstrates a lack of understanding about how our 2020 and 2021 offenses worked in terms of using Guyton. Last year, the offense threw more shorter passes to Guyton because Lombardi called short pass heavy games to the point that he was criticized by the national sports media for not letting Herbert throw more down the field as Herbert was at one point last year in the bottom 5 in air yards per attempts. In 2020, Guyton had more very deep receptions because even Steichen figured out that Guyton was a deep threat that should be exploited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post
                          Sorry guys, I was the one who opened the Josh Palmer thread back up. I did it because of all the buzz I've heard about him going into year 2. Let's let Chaincrusher have his opinion. I can't say he's wrong, and I can't say he's right. We just have to wait and see. I'm not gonna make any WR3 predictions, because honestly, either could take it. I'm not patient enough to see why Chaincrusher takes Guyton over Palmer, but that's his opinion. I don't see anything wrong with that. Plus, we've seen 2 years of Guyton play over 1 year of Palmer play. I just hope the better man wins, whomever that may be.
                          I appreciate that. Also, I think people on this forum are going to be happy because I think that the team will give more WR3 snaps to Palmer this year than Guyton. I think the team will be making a mistake when they do so for the reasons I have stated in this thread, but I will be happy if Palmer breaks out as a player this year so that I could be wrong about him. I just honestly do not see Palmer's game getting dramatically better based upon what I perceive to be his fairly limited skillset. Some people think very highly of him, but I just see a solid reserve WR and not much more than that.

Comment

Working...
                          X