Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Palmer looked really good vs. the Rams. Keeper...
    He reminds me of Michael Thomas more than Williams does.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Palmer. 6 reception, 7 targets. Very efficient.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Palmer. 6 reception, 7 targets. Very efficient.

I'm excited too, but the 6 catches were for a total of 36 yards. I'm eager to see what he can do as an intermediate or deeper threat.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I'm excited too, but the 6 catches were for a total of 36 yards. I'm eager to see what he can do as an intermediate or deeper threat.
          I’m not too down with his 36 yards. It was probably just the effect of preseason. Coaches are calling simple plays to avoid showing their hands. At least we know that he can be another big bodied reliable target on money down.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Daniels is a career back up for a reason.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

He has some nice size to him. Good hands. I think he is a bit of a blend of Keenan and Williams. Really liked how he performed. I think he gets a lot of play time in preseason with Keenan and Mike not seeing time.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I’m not too down with his 36 yards. It was probably just the effect of preseason. Coaches are calling simple plays to avoid showing their hands. At least we know that he can be another big bodied reliable target on money down.
                Yep, Spero said this during the game...that Staley dialed up a very vanilla offense to reduce game-planning by opposition teams during regular season...still, I thought Palmer looked solid in his first game...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Also, Daniel was more accurate on shorter routes...was pretty wild on longer throws...Daniel also forced the rock into coverage several times, which I didn't like...

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Take away the 25 yard pass to Parham and Daniels had 79 yards on 14 completions. That’s under 6 yards per completion. I would assume it’ll be much different with Herbert in there, which means Palmer’s YPC should be higher.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Take away the 25 yard pass to Parham and Daniels had 79 yards on 14 completions. That’s under 6 yards per completion. I would assume it’ll be much different with Herbert in there, which means Palmer’s YPC should be higher.
                      Why would you take out the 25-yard completion? Anyway, the stats are pretty much meaningless. No game planning, vanilla offense. As Staley said they're using the preseason to get certain guys used to play in together, evaluate the end of roster depth and to work on their sideline processes etc. They run their practices in game sim mode, but since he's calling the defensive plays they have their in game breakdown and Coaching communication to work through by repetition.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

He reminds me of Michael Thomas more than Williams does.
                        100%.

I’ve been thinking this ever since the Dub=Thomas comparison thing started.

By the end of the season Palmer will be a more complete WR than Dub (if he’s not already). He runs crisp energetic routes, he’s tough and physical, great hands, body position, and catch radius.

Our WR trio of the future will be T-Billy and Palmer on the outside with Keenan in the slot.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

100%.

I’ve been thinking this ever since the Dub=Thomas comparison thing started.

By the end of the season Palmer will be a more complete WR than Dub (if he’s not already). He runs crisp energetic routes, he’s tough and physical, great hands, body position, and catch radius.

Our WR trio of the future will be T-Billy and Palmer on the outside with Keenan in the slot.
                          Yep...and Guyton, Moore and Proehl are backups...adios to Reed and Hill...

Comment

Working...
                          X