Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    "What is separation" is a question that is very defensive scheme dependent. A lot of the highlights I saw of him he was over/under bracketed on the sideline which...ehere is he supposed to separate?

If NFL D's are bracketing Palmer then we're winning.

In zone it's about finding and sitting in soft spots. In man it's about getting the DB to commit hips 8n the wrong direction and then snapping.
    I am no expert, am not a Josh Palmer hater, and admit that I did not watch a single Tennessee game during his career. I hope he is a terrific pro and watching his pressers he seems like a great kid, lots of energy and smart.

I only got to see what probably most of us did, his highlights and senior bowl cut ups. What I saw was a lot of great route technique (head fakes, choppy feet, great sinking, good at the top of his routes) but I also saw (MOST of the time) a DB who was on his hip pretty much the whole route. And Palmer still made the catch and sometimes the TD to boot. But to me separation is what you get when you watch Keenan Allen. Keenen is the focus of coverage a lot but leaves DBs in the dust so often because of his routes, agility and quickness. As opposed to Mike Williams, another guy who got no separation in college and doesn't routinely in the pros. Williams is very good at beating the DB to the ball because he is big, strong, huge wingspan, knows how to highpoint and he is probably too fearless for his own good. But Williams is pretty well covered most of the time, unless it is a busted play.

I am also mystified by the lack of opportunities for Joe Reed, especially given all the injuries at RB last year and the scrubs who ended up playing. A creative OC would have found a way to use Reed to help the running game and that would not require him to run a route tree. It seemed like Reed returned a few kicks (and did well) scored on one of the few touches he got, and then we never saw him again. I put that on the coaches. They NEEDED a player like Reed last year and did not attempt to use him.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Yeah yeah yeah only accept.........

"During the 2018 World Cup, it is reported the German Squad was forced to adhere to a “sex ban.” Mike Tyson apparently [U]abstained from sex for 5 years[[/B][/I]/U] during his career. Mike was following in the footsteps of “The Greatest,” Muhammad Ali who also gave up sex for long periods before each fight in fear it would weaken him."

#HerbertPleaseStayaVirginSoweCanwinaSB!
      That didn't make him stronger...it made him more vicious! LOL!

:cheers:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas are probably the two best guys in the league at getting separation in spite of the fact that they don’t have elite measurables. I wonder if it’s more related to technique or if there are other physical traits that we aren’t appreciating.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

You are right. What I have noticed with Keenan is his initial quickness at the snap and how he wins immediately. The only one I can remember being like that was Wes Chandler and he had to play when the DBs could really beat you up and get their hands on you. Keenan also sells and shades his routes extremely well.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
            Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas are probably the two best guys in the league at getting separation in spite of the fact that they don’t have elite measurables. I wonder if it’s more related to technique or if there are other physical traits that we aren’t appreciating.
            Jerry Rice became the best WR ever w/o elite traits. In interviews he claims his success came from masking his break patterns then exploding at the top of the tree.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• eaterfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
              Throw Adams in the mix and that's definitely the top 3 in the NFL.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

“Putting on this uniform is definitely a dream come true,” Reed said. “Growing up, I just wanted to play professional ball. Coming home after church and watching football and now finally being able to put this uniform on today, especially on Sunday and being able to come out here and compete, just loving the speed of the game and the physicality. We’ve been waiting a long time, especially this year it seems like this offseason has been going on forever so just having a chance to come out here and compete with my teammates has been a true blessing.”

Dammit Telesco!! We need players with cases. Slappin baby mamas, smoking weed for fake cataracts, punching teammates in the groin. At the very least steal crab legs!!

Hahahaha
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Even the best WRs are blanketed some or most of the time. We tend to remember the snaps where they are thrown the ball, not the ones where they aren't because they're covered.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

It's also related to Tua needing to adapt to "NFL open" vs Herbert not needing to adapt. It's hard to evaluate when college players with systemic adavntages vs disadvantages.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

I think we found our #3. Maybe #2 next year depending on if MW shows out or not.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Palmer continues to show an ability to quickly SEPARATE in tight spaces. Especially cutting to his right.

At some point a double move will open up too. 6 yards per target isn't much, unless you need 5.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          Palmer continues to show an ability to quickly SEPARATE in tight spaces. Especially cutting to his right.

At some point a double move will open up too. 6 yards per target isn't much, unless you need 5.
                          Palmer looked really good vs. the Rams. Keeper...

Comment

Working...
                          X