Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I'm excited too, but the 6 catches were for a total of 36 yards. I'm eager to see what he can do as an intermediate or deeper threat.
    Buncha first downs on those catches…..

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I'm excited too, but the 6 catches were for a total of 36 yards. I'm eager to see what he can do as an intermediate or deeper threat.
      He runs the routes he’s assigned to run. If the D covers deep, the O should play short. Move the chains. And that first drive where he caught 4 passes was a beauty.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Also, Daniel was more accurate on shorter routes...was pretty wild on longer throws...Daniel also forced the rock into coverage several times, which I didn't like...
        Daniel looked like a guy who has only had 5 career starts over 13 years for a reason.

Palmer did everything asked of him. I think we caught a flash of why the coaching staff seems so high on him.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Daniel looked like a guy who has only had 5 career starts over 13 years for a reason.

Palmer did everything asked of him. I think we caught a flash of why the coaching staff seems so high on him.
          He’s Surtainly our secret weapon when we play the Donks.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

6 yards is great on 3rd and 5. That's a hard 6 yards. He's been catching stuff downfield in camp.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              6 yards is great on 3rd and 5. That's a hard 6 yards. He's been catching stuff downfield FROM HERBIE in camp.
              There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Palmer 6 catches and 3 3rd down conversions on 17 snaps.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There...fixed it for 'ya!
                  Well, yeah. Though tbf his college reel (not senior bowl) is like all go routes in bracket coverage from whoever was QB.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

So you're saying I should forget my "WHODAFUK" reaction on draft day and go with the "HMMMMM.....Diamond in the rough???" thoughts I had after I watched his film??? :biggrin:

Oh yeah one more thing.......Two 6 yard completions is a first down. I'll take 6 yard completions all day long, all game long. Small ball like that would win a lot of games in the NFL. :2cents:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

He ran the routes called, got open, and made the receptions. Can’t ask anymore.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I thought his college clips looked exactly like what we see now, a big strong man-body WR with a wide catch radius, good body positioning, huge sure hands who ran crisp routes and was very fluid. He was horribly used in college, being sent on deep routes with no QB that could effectively throw a deep ball consistently.

Apparently thats what LAC coaches saw at Senior bowl when they fell in love with him.

Others said no, horrible Rd3 pick, he’s not worth a 5, and i assumed you guys are a lot smarter than me. Now I’m starting to question some of you experts.

bygones. It is just such a FUCKING THRILL to be talking about actual football plays. Love this shit,

and yeah 6 REC in 17 plays with zero drops and 3 first downs is great, YPC doesn’t matter if you’re getting first downs.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          I thought his college clips looked exactly like what we see now, a big strong man-body WR with a wide catch radius, good body positioning, huge sure hands who ran crisp routes and was very fluid. He was horribly used in college, being sent on deep routes with no QB that could effectively throw a deep ball consistently.

Apparently thats what LAC coaches saw at Senior bowl when they fell in love with him.

Others said no, horrible Rd3 pick, he’s not worth a 5, and i assumed you guys are a lot smarter than me. Now I’m starting to question some of you experts.

bygones. It is just such a FUCKING THRILL to be talking about actual football plays. Love this shit,

and yeah 6 REC in 17 plays with zero drops and 3 first downs is great, YPC doesn’t matter if you’re getting first downs.
                          Yup. Palmer is pretty much the definition of a draft gem. I always said the jury was out on him because of the QB situation. And his pro day numbers were good, but not mind blowing.

But Palmer looked great at the Senior Bowl, just like Herbert did the year before, when Herbert wasn’t being restricted by Oregon’s offensive system.

Finding players who project to be better in the pros than in college is probably the most difficult thing to do. But it looks like ole TT has done it twice in 2 years. Barring 2019, he’s been a stellar GM.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X