Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ibhondo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I can't think of Dez Bryant without remember that the Cowboys had to assign a baby sitter to him, to keep him from getting himself into trouble.

There's only a certain amount of that a team can have before it becomes toxic.

Comment

• Ibhondo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2018
      • Send PM

My memory is faulty re: Dez Bryan’s but for sure I recall Cowboys having babysitters for Pac-Man Jones. That’s one that do recall.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Twas true. Dez had a babysitter. But then so did Roethlisburger and he raped someone at a bar bathroom while being babysat
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Rivers also had a babysitter I believe, but it was for the 11 kids not him.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Let’s not be too harsh on chain, the guy is a fan just like any of us and I don’t think he is hoping for Palmer to fail. We’ve all been plenty harsh on a number of players in the past, but we all hope they turn out better than our expectations (see: Pipkins). I certainly understand his wanting to see more from Palmer, 1 pre season game and TC does not a star make. I do think his arrow is pointed upwards from what we’ve seen of him so far and think he will be part of the WR rotation to start the season.

I also don’t get the need to number the WR in our new offense, they’re going to me moving in and out of the rotation so often just like the Saints do. Staley has made it abundantly clear he’s using personnel groupings as weapons, so I expect any WR that makes the roster to get a steady supply of snaps every game.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

How many 3rd down conversions did Palmer have in the first preseason game?

Rather than worrying about who is where on the depth chart I am just excited about the potential of this passing game with all these weapons and Palmer has gone from a who the fuck is that what a reach type of draft pick to looking like a great pick to this point. Keenan Allen was a third round pick as well.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                Let’s not be too harsh on chain, the guy is a fan just like any of us and I don’t think he is hoping for Palmer to fail. We’ve all been plenty harsh on a number of players in the past, but we all hope they turn out better than our expectations (see: Pipkins). I certainly understand his wanting to see more from Palmer, 1 pre season game and TC does not a star make. I do think his arrow is pointed upwards from what we’ve seen of him so far and think he will be part of the WR rotation to start the season.

I also don’t get the need to number the WR in our new offense, they’re going to me moving in and out of the rotation so often just like the Saints do. Staley has made it abundantly clear he’s using personnel groupings as weapons, so I expect any WR that makes the roster to get a steady supply of snaps every game.
                Thank you for the voice of reason and compassion.

We all just need to see some more Chargers football, and watch things play out.

There's only so much you can discuss the speculative stuff.

I'm looking forward to watching whoever it is showing out, and proving he belongs on the roster starting day.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Thank you for the voice of reason and compassion.

We all just need to see some more Chargers football, and watch things play out.

There's only so much you can discuss the speculative stuff.

I'm looking forward to watching whoever it is showing out, and proving he belongs on the roster starting day.
                  Yeah that first PS game gave everyone a taste, now we are all champing at the bit for more.

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

I can't think of Dez Bryant without remember that the Cowboys had to assign a baby sitter to him, to keep him from getting himself into trouble.

There's only a certain amount of that a team can have before it becomes toxic.

Believe me as a Cowboy fan I grew weary of Dez's tantrums and his failure to ever improve his craft. Obviously those traits are not what Harris had in mind when making the comparison. I do like the Michael Irvin comparison, but that's asking too much, of course. A knock-off middle income version of Irvin? That would be sweet.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The team throws the ball disproportionately to Allen and Henry and Ekeler have received significant targets in addition to the deep threat newcomers. There is only one ball.

Also, Williams is involved in many longer and contested passes. So, it is both fewer targets and lower percentage targets that contribute to Williams' numbers.

On another team, one with a WR need, and less RB/TE involvement, I would expect Williams to be a 1,000 yard receiver.

Finally, the issue is not whether or not to re-sign Williams. He should be re-signed if the money is right for the team. Rather, the issue is that Palmer will not be an adequate replacement for Williams. That move represents a downgrade at the WR position for us. If Williams leaves, the better plan would be to draft a player early in the draft that could actually replace Williams in full. Palmer has yet to show that he has that ability.
                      Again, let's see how the season plays out. If MW doesn't put up numbers he will be gone. If Palmer shows out as a rookie that make MW even more expendable. I have a feeling Josh is going to be nail in the coffin for big MW. I'm just a realist, MW has NOT lived up to his first round pick... Actually thinking about it MW looked like a superstar because of an extremely weak WR draft class in 2017. It has to be the weakest WR class in the last decade.

Comment

• DragonIce
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

I haven't agreef w/the Mike Williams hate as a newcomer, but this week I've started to witness some of his practice habits, and I'm not a fan of that.

If Palmer can mature to something close to the same caliber (strong possibility IMO), then I'd love to see those funds get redirected to the #1 free agency guard, tight end or pass rusher.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
                          I haven't agreef w/the Mike Williams hate as a newcomer, but this week I've started to witness some of his practice habits, and I'm not a fan of that.

If Palmer can mature to something close to the same caliber (strong possibility IMO), then I'd love to see those funds get redirected to the #1 free agency guard, tight end or pass rusher.
                          Can you elaborate on his practice habits.

Comment

Working...
                          X