Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by captaind View Post

You're wasting your time arguing with Brainy Smurf. He takes a contrary position to majority opinion just for the sake of garnering attention.
    I have had the same position about Palmer from the moment we drafted him. How could I be doing that to be contrary as you suggest when I set forth my opinion before the opposite opinion became the established (homer) majority view?

I think that is a large hole in your position.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The 2012 WR draft class might give 2017 a run for its money.

As for Mike Williams, I continue to believe that he worth a significant, but not huge amount of money in terms of a new deal. He is a valuable WR, just not our most valuable WR at present.
      in a redraft? Would you take him again?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I have consistently maintained that Mike Williams has first round value (at least worth 1-32), but not 1-7 value.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Of the 3 2017 redrafts I looked at this year, Williams went 27, 30, 2nd round. PFF had him 24 last year.

So not a bust but not a top 7 pick.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I have consistently maintained that Mike Williams has first round value (at least worth 1-32), but not 1-7 value.
            Sounds about right, Chain. Just remember though, the season before we drafted Mike Will, we were DECIMATED by injuries to our wideout corps. So, drafting a WR was a high priority...now, in 2017, there was a decent wideout class, (Juju Smith-Schuster went at the end of round 2, Chris Godwin in round 3), but apparently the Bolts had WR rated as a higher need and wanted to snag their targeted man early...that was the year we also drafted Lamp and Feeney in rounds 2-3...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I'll say the same thing now that I said then.

If the Bolts were going to select an offensive player at #7 overall, the ZERO RED FLAG candidate was Christian McCaffrey. (Who, as it turns out, went with the very next pick to Carolina.)

Mike Williams had his Red Flags, with the neck injury, etc. And McCaffrrey was said to be the best RECEIVER in the entire draft class.

McCaffrey's success with the Panthers has shown that he would have been a solid choice for the Bolts at #7.

I expected the Chargers to go defense with the pick, because they NEEDED it more. DE Jonathan Allen and CB Marshawn Lattimore were available.

If you don't like those guys on defense, then I'm thinking McCaffrey is the pick at 7.

Unless you're the Chargers.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'll say the same thing now that I said then.

If the Bolts were going to select an offensive player at #7 overall, the ZERO RED FLAG candidate was Christian McCaffrey. (Who, as it turns out, went with the very next pick to Carolina.)

Mike Williams had his Red Flags, with the neck injury, etc. And McCaffrrey was said to be the best RECEIVER in the entire draft class.

McCaffrey's success with the Panthers has shown that he would have been a solid choice for the Bolts at #7.

I expected the Chargers to go defense with the pick, because they NEEDED it more. DE Jonathan Allen and CB Marshawn Lattimore were available.

If you don't like those guys on defense, then I'm thinking McCaffrey is the pick at 7.

Unless you're the Chargers.
                No brainer. Mahomes.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

The 2012 WR draft class might give 2017 a run for its money.

As for Mike Williams, I continue to believe that he worth a significant, but not huge amount of money in terms of a new deal. He is a valuable WR, just not our most valuable WR at present.
                  Agree...I don't want to break the bank to keep Mike Will...and he'll probably get bank, or maybe decent bank...from some OTHER team...so it's adios, amigo...

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Might as well move on and let Palmer and Guyten prove it out. No need to continue your approach Chain when its pretty clear you really dont seem to listen to anything that didnt originate in your own head. Your opinion is golden. Just the way you work and the rest of the board is giving you feedback that you just seem to have no ability to ponder on and say yeah thats a good point. Perhaps try a different approach of asking other people what they think about this or that…state what you think but dont play this game of the rest of us are obviously idiots because we dont 100% agree. Why bother coming here with the way this is going? Be nice Charger brother and encourage this board with ideas not try to rule over it with opinions like they are facts. This is how you are coming across. I hope that might help because its frustrating many of us here the way this is going Chain.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

The funny thing is to read this thread and then listen to what the coaching staff keeps saying about him. Talk about diametrically opposed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        The funny thing is to read this thread and then listen to what the coaching staff keeps saying about him. Talk about diametrically opposed.
                        Any old JAG could catch 6 short passes, 3 for 1Ds, zero drops … but he’s the only one who did that
                        Any old JAG could get wide open all alone in the back of the end zone and catch a TD pass, but he’s the only one who did that.

He seems to just do things that nobody thinks is impressive, over and over and over. I wish he would do something impressive instead.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

No brainer. Mahomes.
                          The Chargers weren't looking for a QB, so 20/20 Hindsight doesn't count here.

The Bolts passed on Aaron Rodgers in 2005, too, and for the same reason.

How many MLB teams *could have* found a way to have contractual access to Shoei Ohtani, but concluded their resources were better invested elsewhere?

Comment

Working...
                          X