Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

There are five categories.... If you only used 4 your prediction model was inherently flawed to begin with, and thus your conclusion as to the reason why the passer ratings differed. You only get part marks once again.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../qb-rating.htm

Those categories make up the input for the calculation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...culated/%3famp

​​​
    you can use that calculator to run your theories as to whether or not keeping one stat static ypa and modifying the touchdowns and compare them across years. Why make guesses when you can actually make calculations? I would do it myself but I I've had a long day .

And Smith had a fantastic year his last year starting it was by far the best year of his career. I always liked him and it was a damn shame what happened to him in Washington.
    SMH. The passer rating formula's 4 components are completion percentage (used in part a), YPA (used in part b), TD% (used in part c), and INT% (used in part d) and they are adjusted as set forth below:

The NFL passer rating formula then combines the the adjusted four component parts as follows:

Further, I did not guess about anything I posted. I ran the numbers before I posted the information. That is how I knew that if Mahomes had thrown the number of TDs he has averaged in 2019 and 2020 (32) instead of the ridiculous outlier of 50, he would have fallen short of Smith's 2017 passer rating even with keeping the YPA outlier. Basically, I nailed my predictions regarding parts a and d, which were the only categories in which I made predictions, and it took major outliers (courtesy of the second highest all time number of TDs thrown in a single season and the 7th highest YPA of the 2010s decade by any QB) in TD% and YPA to sink my prediction.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2021, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• steelbtexan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Chain never admits when he is wrong. Thats the attorney in him. I think they are schooled to never admit they are wrong lol.

What Chain is not is a football coach. To keep saying Palmer was a bad pick and isnt any good is short sighted. It is KJ Hill that id prefer Johnson over, NOT Palmer. Palmer is a keeper.

If we really want a return man that just catches the ball, that is aiming low imo. Trade for the Dolphins WR Jakeem Grant who is actually a good return man and cut KJ or put him on the PS.
      Or just sign Mickens off Tampa's PS.

Comment

• steelbtexan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The problem is that we need someone who can catch a punt and evidently Hill is the only WR we have (or had) that can do it. Johnson was never competing with Palmer (or Hill), he was competing with Guyton for the speed WR role and Guyton is a better overall WR than Johnson is. Now whether we should have kept him as our #6 WR instead of one of the QBs or a guy like Pipkins is a different story.

I think most of us will be pretty happy with what we see from Palmer this year.
        Palmer is a stud

I would've found away to keep Johnson unless the KR/PR was a real difference maker.

Comment

• DragonIce
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2021
          • Arizona
          • Send PM

Originally posted by steelbtexan View Post
          Palmer is a stud

I would've found away to keep Johnson unless the KR/PR was a real difference maker.
          I suggest we look at Hill's spot on the 53 as a slot. If at some point, before or during the season they think they've got a better choice for Punt returns, then it'll be goodbye, Mr. Hill.

Johnson cannot block or really contribute on Special Teams. Your third and fourth receivers need to do both competently. As a receiver Johnsoon only has 1 plus attribute: speed. He's a journeyman who has bounced around to 5 teams, and only been able to work himself onto a roster in one of 3 previous years. He's beloved by Charger fans because he was on the end of some amazing Herbert passes that caught the defense off guard. He's nothing particularly special.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Whoa…math.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ah yes, good old Freak from the other forum. The one who proclaimed himself "Emperor," demanded that we all bow to him, and who infamously said, "there is no way in Hades the Chargers draft Derwin James."
              He was pounding the table for Herbert last year. His once decimated empire is in expansionary mode again; the Goths have been routed and have been put to flight.
              Libations and tribute once again are in order.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He was pounding the table for Herbert last year. His once decimated empire is in expansionary mode again; the Goths have been routed and have been put to flight.
                Freak was right that we shouldn't have cut Lambo. Some of his analysis is valid. It's just that his style is kind of...amusing...

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  His once decimated empire is in expansionary mode again; the Goths have been routed and have been put to flight.
                  :LOL:

It's interesting anyone would even want to appoint themselves God Emperor of a 60 person football forum, but narcissists have a unique way at looking at the world. Gets a bit peculiar if in a relationship or in business with such a one. It's funny until it's cancer.

Some say hunting narcissists egos...typically with a Thule harpoon...is good sport. Recommended in the shallow waters they favor, quarter moon or cloudy night sky. At such times the ego sack is most acutely inflated and iridescent, dwarfing the creature's torso.
                  Last edited by DragonIce; 09-04-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

SMH. The passer rating formula's 4 components are completion percentage (used in part a), YPA (used in part b, TD% (used in part c), and INT% (used in part d) and they are adjusted as set forth below:

The NFL passer rating formula then combines the the adjusted four component parts as follows:

Further, I did not guess about anything I posted. I ran the numbers before I posted the information. That is how I knew that if Mahomes had thrown the number of TDs he has averaged in 2019 and 2020 (32) instead of the ridiculous outlier of 50, he would have fallen short of Smith's 2017 passer rating even with keeping the YPA outlier. Basically, I nailed my predictions regarding parts a and d, which were the only categories in which I made predictions, and it took major outliers (courtesy of the second highest all time number of TDs thrown in a single season and the 7th highest YPA of the 2010s decade by any QB) in TD% and YPA to sink my prediction.
                    holmesx-640x353.jpg

You must be related to the Theranos CEO. You are both so awe inspiring.
                    Last edited by DragonIce; 09-04-2021, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Freak was right that we shouldn't have cut Lambo. Some of his analysis is valid. It's just that his style is kind of...amusing...
                      wait wait stop the press....This Freak you speak of. Who is that? Is it he whose name we shall not speak out 3x in front of the mirror?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

wait wait stop the press....This Freak you speak of. Who is that? Is it he whose name we shall not speak out 3x in front of the mirror?
                        Freak, Freak, Freak Freak...

...there...I did NOT speak his name 3x...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I suggest we look at Hill's spot on the 53 as a slot. If at some point, before or during the season they think they've got a better choice for Punt returns, then it'll be goodbye, Mr. Hill.

Johnson cannot block or really contribute on Special Teams. Your third and fourth receivers need to do both competently. As a receiver Johnsoon only has 1 plus attribute: speed. He's a journeyman who has bounced around to 5 teams, and only been able to work himself onto a roster in one of 3 previous years. He's beloved by Charger fans because he was on the end of some amazing Herbert passes that caught the defense off guard. He's nothing particularly special.
                          I hope Staley can devise an offensive plan to work around the loss. down to only 5 WR, 3 TE, 4 RB … what to do, what to do? A lot of QB boot legs, i assume.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X