Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

We cut him for a future pro bowler.

I was fine with it.
    Lambo celebrating with opposing team's players after losses while doinking kicks was getting old.

Let's just hope the current one doesn't give himself a nickname after making a few.
    It might be okay with it if it is not something along the lines of Viz--kai--ee--no--good.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Tyrell Williams was much better than either Guyton or Palmer. Unfortunately for him, since he left the Chargers, he has been held back due to injuries. But he does have has a 1,000+ yard season. There is no indication that either Guyton or Palmer will ever reach that level. If healthy, Williams is easily at least a #2 WR. He is a starter for DET right now.
      Lol, Palmer has played 3 preseason games and already he gives no indication he can't produce?

I thought he has done pretty decent.

Tyrell only had his 1000 yard season because all our other top WRs were hurt. Keenan was out with a turn ACL

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, Palmer has played 3 preseason games and already he gives no indication he can't produce?

I thought he has done pretty decent.

Tyrell only had his 1000 yard season because all our other top WRs were hurt. Keenan was out with a turn ACL
        Keenan was out and Williams produced liked Keenan in terms of yardage in Keenan's absence.

Palmer his given no indication so far that he could be as good as Tyrell Williams. He may yet, but I have yet to see a single play from him on any video or any telecast that evidenced any sort of elite traits unlike Williams.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Keenan was out and Williams produced liked Keenan in terms of yardage in Keenan's absence.

Palmer his given no indication so far that he could be as good as Tyrell Williams. He may yet, but I have yet to see a single play from him on any video or any telecast that evidenced any sort of elite traits unlike Williams.
          Ha.....well OK.
          Nobody figured Tyrell would do what he did either til he got a chance. It was his only 1000 yard season. Even Dontrelle Inman had 810 yards as our WRs were beat up. Benjamin was hurt as usual, and Stevie Johnson was as well.

Not sure your distain for Palmer but dude, give the guy a chance he has played parts of 3 preseason games and he will be our #3 WR this season. BTW...that was Tyrells second season, not his rookie year. Tyrell had 2 catches his rookie year. C-mon man.

Your boy Lawrence hasnt looked that great either if you want to base things on preseason. We'll see if he is much better than Herbert as you said he would be.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-04-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

5 WR, 4 TE, 4 RB, 1 FB. 14 possible receivers.

.. We good.
            I forgot they kept the 4th TE.

I wouldn’t throw to tthe FB unless I’m getting sacked. Can’t let him feel important or he’ll stop doing all that dirty work we need done.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Ha.....well OK.
              Nobody figured Tyrell would do what he did either til he got a chance. It was his only 1000 yard season. Even Dontrelle Inman had 810 yards as our WRs were beat up. Benjamin was hurt as usual, and Stevie Johnson was as well.

Not sure your distain for Palmer but dude, give the guy a chance he has played parts of 3 preseason games and he will be our #3 WR this season. BTW...that was Tyrells second season, not his rookie year. Tyrell had 2 catches his rookie year. C-mon man.

Your boy Lawrence hasnt looked that great either if you want to base things on preseason. We'll see if he is much better than Herbert as you said he would be.
              The way that I would say it is that Lawrence has a higher ceiling than Herbert, so he does have the ability to be better than Herbert. We will see what happens as Lawrence has a lesser team around him than Herbert has.

Regarding Palmer, he just has not demonstrated any traits that make him stand out as a plus WR. So, Palmer needs to live up to all of the hype that team is heaping upon him. I am waiting to see what happens, but I have concerns based upon his apparent lack of elite traits.

By contrast, Tyrell Williams had elite traits (speed, vertical leaping) from the outset. he just needed to develop as a WR. Palmer is comparatively developed as a WR, but he does not have the same talent.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I forgot they kept the 4th TE.

I wouldn’t throw to tthe FB unless I’m getting sacked. Can’t let him feel important or he’ll stop doing all that dirty work we need done.
                Throw 'em a treat once in a while & they destroy opponents to earn more.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ha.....well OK.
                  Nobody figured Tyrell would do what he did either til he got a chance
                  . It was his only 1000 yard season. Even Dontrelle Inman had 810 yards as our WRs were beat up. Benjamin was hurt as usual, and Stevie Johnson was as well.

I thought he might. He was a totally dominant " man among boys" in D3 ball.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

The way that I would say it is that Lawrence has a higher ceiling than Herbert, so he does have the ability to be better than Herbert. We will see what happens as Lawrence has a lesser team around him than Herbert has.

Regarding Palmer, he just has not demonstrated any traits that make him stand out as a plus WR. So, Palmer needs to live up to all of the hype that team is heaping upon him. I am waiting to see what happens, but I have concerns based upon his apparent lack of elite traits.

By contrast, Tyrell Williams had elite traits (speed, vertical leaping) from the outset. he just needed to develop as a WR. Palmer is comparatively developed as a WR, but he does not have the same talent.
                    That's pretty funny actually :chuckle:

Keenan,. ..not fast. Possible HOF'er.
                    Tyron,....fast, and still bouncing around.

Tyrell,. ..has said elite traits,...has one great season under his belt. Actually his leaping is not an elite trait. He rarely went up for the ball like MW. Fighting for the ball is not his forte

I have btw never hyped Palmer as I didn't know much about him and he wasn't on my radar but at least I'm gonna give him a chance.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

It might be okay with it if it is not something along the lines of Viz--kai--ee--no--good.
                      Let's hope we don't have to drag that one out, but if Vizzy starts missing, I suppose we can add that one to the Bolt Nickname thread...hope not though...trying to keep positive here...

Comment

That's pretty funny actually :chuckle:

Keenan,. ..not fast. Possible HOF'er.
                        Tyron,....fast, and still bouncing around.

Tyrell,. ..has said elite traits,...has one great season under his belt. Actually his leaping is not an elite trait. He rarely went up for the ball like MW. Fighting for the ball is not his forte

I have btw never hyped Palmer as I didn't know much about him and he wasn't on my radar but at least I'm gonna give him a chance.
                        Good grief, I just had this discussion with someone else. Elite traits are not just measurables.

Allen and Williams both have an elite trait. Allen is a great at getting quick (separation). Williams is great at catching contested balls in the air. Guyton has elite speed. So did Johnson.

Tyrell Williams registered a vertical leap of 39.5" at 6' 4" to go along with 4.42 speed. Regarding whether or not a trait is elite, it may depend on where the line is drawn. At a minimum, the physical traits identified are very good and approaching elite if they are not elite. Drag routes running away from coverage and deep passes were effective with Tyrell Williams.

It is very early, but in watching Palmer's college video and the preseason games, I do not see any elite traits at all for him.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I guess all those NFL coaches and GMs who cut Williams again and again and again and again (not exaggerating, that’s 5 times cut) just don’t know how to evaluate elite WR traits for their 5th receiver, lol. They should give back their paychecks.

Comment

Working...
                          X