Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I suggest we look at Hill's spot on the 53 as a slot. If at some point, before or during the season they think they've got a better choice for Punt returns, then it'll be goodbye, Mr. Hill.

Johnson cannot block or really contribute on Special Teams. Your third and fourth receivers need to do both competently. As a receiver Johnsoon only has 1 plus attribute: speed. He's a journeyman who has bounced around to 5 teams, and only been able to work himself onto a roster in one of 3 previous years. He's beloved by Charger fans because he was on the end of some amazing Herbert passes that caught the defense off guard. He's nothing particularly special.
    TJ has mostly been a practice squad player aside from the last year when he came on the scene contributing to Herbert's passes. He did stuff that BS didn't like. That might have been another influence on Staley deciding not to keep him.

I thought Johnson was good. He could've been a Tyrell Williams.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

TJ has mostly been a practice squad player aside from the last year when he came on the scene contributing to Herbert's passes. He did stuff that BS didn't like. That might have been another influence on Staley deciding not to keep him.

I thought Johnson was good. He could've been a Tyrell Williams.
      Guyton is our Tyrell Williams. Tyrell Williams showed how valuable he is when a team mistakenly thinks he is a 1 or even a 2., didn’t he? Backups … the site went nuts over a deep bench backup as if we cut Gale Sayers. smh.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I hope Staley can devise an offensive plan to work around the loss. down to only 5 WR, 3 TE, 4 RB … what to do, what to do? A lot of QB boot legs, i assume.
        4 TE's on the roster...this will be a TE-heavy offense...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Guyton is our Tyrell Williams. Tyrell Williams showed how valuable he is when a team mistakenly thinks he is a 1 or even a 2., didn’t he? Backups … the site went nuts over a deep bench backup as if we cut Gale Sayers. smh.
          Butt Hurt wanted all of us to feel, his Butt Hurt.

Comment

• DragonIce
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Whoa…math.
            Stunning isn't it. For full effect one should read the pasted QB rating formula aloud while playing 2001 Space Odyssey theme.

https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/me...392fe003a65cfa

Once experienced, the sheer beauty and truth of all Chain's claims are undeniable.
            Last edited by DragonIce; 09-04-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Freak was right that we shouldn't have cut Lambo. Some of his analysis is valid. It's just that his style is kind of...amusing...
              There were a handfull that thought that way here. I was one of them but many held his laughing with SeaBass after a loss against him. No big deal to me. Fans take this more serious than players. Its like they expect our players to go to the middle of the field and say FU when they meet at midfield after the game lol.

Probably dont like the group prayer after the game with the opponents either :dunno:

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

:LOL:

It's interesting anyone would even want to appoint themselves God Emperor of a 60 person football forum, but narcissists have a unique way at looking at the world. Gets a bit peculiar if in a relationship or in business with such a one. It's funny until it's cancer.

Some say hunting narcissists egos...typically with a Thule harpoon...is good sport. Recommended in the shallow waters they favor, quarter moon or cloudy night sky. At such times the ego sack is most acutely inflated and iridescent, dwarfing the creature's torso.
                Its all in fun and he's an entertaining read. He doesn't take football stuff too seriously and he makes some good points.
                He's not afraid to take unpopular positions...he doesn't really care what others think.
                He doesn't stick like grim death to anything he or anyone else says...he moves on (to greater glory).

He was wrong about Melvin Gordon.
                Like Rome, his empire had a phase of decay and constriction in its late stages: then sudden re-expansion.

We are all waiting for the final irrevocable collapse.

That's how i read him.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Chain never admits when he is wrong. Thats the attorney in him. I think they are schooled to never admit they are wrong lol.

What Chain is not is a football coach. To keep saying Palmer was a bad pick and isnt any good is short sighted. It is KJ Hill that id prefer Johnson over, NOT Palmer. Palmer is a keeper.

If we really want a return man that just catches the ball, that is aiming low imo. Trade for the Dolphins WR Jakeem Grant who is actually a good return man and cut KJ or put him on the PS.
                  Ive been throwing a tantrum for this move ever since the rumors surfaced that the Dolphins might deal Grant. I think a big roadblock was the fact that he was due to make over 3M this year. But they just restructured his contract. Odds are the Dolphins will just keep him, even though Grant and Waddle are somewhat redundant.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There were a handfull that thought that way here. I was one of them but many held his laughing with SeaBass after a loss against him. No big deal to me. Fans take this more serious than players. Its like they expect our players to go to the middle of the field and say FU when they meet at midfield after the game lol.

Probably dont like the group prayer after the game with the opponents either :dunno:
                    I thought we were wrong to cut Lambo, still do. Look at all the bad kicking we've had since they let him go.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I hope Staley can devise an offensive plan to work around the loss. down to only 5 WR, 3 TE, 4 RB … what to do, what to do? A lot of QB boot legs, i assume.
                      5 WR, 4 TE, 4 RB, 1 FB. 14 possible receivers.

.. We good.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I thought we were wrong to cut Lambo, still do. Look at all the bad kicking we've had since they let him go.
                        We cut him for a future pro bowler.

I was fine with it.
                        Lambo celebrating with opposing team's players after losses while doinking kicks was getting old.

Let's just hope the current one doesn't give himself a nickname after making a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Tyrell Williams was much better than either Guyton or Palmer. Unfortunately for him, since he left the Chargers, he has been held back due to injuries. But he does have has a 1,000+ yard season. There is no indication that either Guyton or Palmer will ever reach that level. If healthy, Williams is easily at least a #2 WR. He is a starter for DET right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X