Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I bet there’s a Jags forum for ya.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

The great Damion Square signed with the Saints if that's more your speed too.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

There ya go, Saints and Jags SB.

Comment

• Originally posted by captaind View Post

Advantage Meyer based on college football experience? That doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL.

So the bar to judge whether a decision is good or bad is based upon what the worst team in the NFL decides to do? Do you hear yourself? I know, it's the game you play here, testing your skills as an attorney to defend ridiculous positions. :blahblah:
          Just a question, but do you think before posting this kind of nonsense?

I would take Meyer's football knowledge over Staley's any day. That isn't a close call at all. Staley is intelligent, but comparatively very inexperienced versus Meyer. Is there even a meaningful argument to the contrary?

As for your other absurd comment, it is no more valid than saying that Trevor Lawrence is not a good draft pick because the team that finished as the worst team (under a different coaching regime) last year chose him with the first pick and we cannot trust what that team does. Do you get how silly that kind of thinking is? The fact remains that the team with the top waiver claim priority over every other team chose one and only one waived player--Tyron Johnson. So, having their choice of any player released, they decided that Tyron Johnson was the best player released. I think they were right just as they were right when they selected Lawrence when they had the first choice of every draft eligible player.

Johnson should be a nice fit with Lawrence as he was with Herbert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

But...Palmer HAS proved he gets good separation in a soft zone vs. backups...THAT counts for something, doesn't it?
            Well, I would say that your statement is true, but it does not count for a whole lot.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

WTF? Tyron Johnson would be the 4th best WR on Tampa Bay's roster right now. He would also be the 4th best WR on our team.

Hill is only on the team because he is the team's PR. When a team only carries a WR to play STs, the team should automatically carry at least 6 WRs. Any other decision is idiotic because a team that carries only 5 WRs with one being solely the dedicated PR only has 4 real WRs on the roster and that is not enough.

While he did have 7 receptions for us last year, the reality is that KJ Hill should never be on the field for us as a WR.
              Not as a punt returner either. He was awful

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                The great Damion Square signed with the Saints if that's more your speed too.
                Chain's pet cat Square...
                Signed by Cleveland in May...released mid August.
                Signed by Saints...lasted four days....cut yesterday.

Chain's star child TJ has now been with 5 teams. Has even played games for one of them.

The key for Chain's football favs is their frequent flyer stats. Looking elite there.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

I would take Meyer's football knowledge over Staley's any day. That isn't a close call at all. Staley is intelligent, but comparatively very inexperienced versus Meyer. Is there even a meaningful argument to the contrary?

As for your other absurd comment, it is no more valid than saying that Trevor Lawrence is not a good draft pick because the team that finished as the worst team (under a different coaching regime) last year chose him with the first pick and we cannot trust what that team does. Do you get how silly that kind of thinking is? The fact remains that the team with the top waiver claim priority over every other team chose one and only one waived player--Tyron Johnson. So, having their choice of any player released, they decided that Tyron Johnson was the best player released. I think they were right just as they were right when they selected Lawrence when they had the first choice of every draft eligible player.

You mean Urban’s winning HC experience at Utah, Florida and Oh State is better than John Carroll U?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

How long do you figure you’ll be mourning this tremendous loss? (Asking for a friend …)
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not as a punt returner either. He was awful
                      I agree, but that has to be why the team kept him.

Comment

• DragonIce
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

Chain Ruster jumps to defend another winning case. Unstoppable, LOL.

:disco:

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

How long do you figure you’ll be mourning this tremendous loss? (Asking for a friend …)
                          I do not like roster moves that weaken the team. It is sheer stupidity and does not give me warm fuzzies about Staley. I am not kidding when I said that Johnson should be on this team over at least two of the 5 kept WRs and at least 20 players that made the original 53 man roster. Johnson should have been anywhere near the roster bubble.

This is a team that had the talent potentially to win a Super Bowl, but we made some mistakes in the draft. We did not shore up the safety position other than by choosing a fringe NFL/practice squad level player in Webb, which followed us already taking and keeping a practice squad level player in Gillman to go with a minus starter in Adderley. And then we went with a short and not our best group at our best and deepest position (WR) so we could keep dog manure at other positions. I do not see any sort of coaching genius here. I see closer to its opposite. I see Anthony Lynn level coaching with these roster moves.

And mistakes like the ones made by Staley with the roster and Telesco with the draft picks that lead to a lack of quality depth tend to get exposed when we have some injuries, which our team has had every year. It is right there for the taking and our front office and coaches refuse to take it. These blunders seem so simple to avoid that it is unfathomable how these mistakes are made.

Comment

Working...
                          X