• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Are you auditioning for a job working for the Chargers? Sounds like it if you only give credit for good things and reject responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

As far as deep passes go, what’s this “you guys” nonsense? Show me a post where I’ve said that.
    The Chargers have given up the fewest sacks in the NFL, yet you want to blame Staley and Lombardi for Herbert's rib injury. If anything, the play calling has protected his ribs so your point isn't clear at all.

You just got lumped into the "you guys" category because that is one of the biggest complaints about Lombardi and since I don't care enough to re-look at posts that just complain about nothing that is going to change I'll guess you can just say he sucks but not because we don't go deep. The "other guys" can complain about that.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The Chargers have given up the fewest sacks in the NFL, yet you want to blame Staley and Lombardi for Herbert's rib injury. If anything, the play calling has protected his ribs so your point isn't clear at all.

You just got lumped into the "you guys" category because that is one of the biggest complaints about Lombardi and since I don't care enough to re-look at posts that just complain about nothing that is going to change I'll guess you can just say he sucks but not because we don't go deep. The "other guys" can complain about that.
      If that’s how you roll, in the future, I’ll return the favor of “lumping you in” to things you never said too.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

When you give Staley or Lombardi credit for Herbert’s smashed rib cartilage
        :que:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

The linebacker narrative from angry Charger fan must include the glaring poor play from Murray. Nasir must do better.

We will continue with frequent 4-1-6 looks. Tranquill wears the green dot as most often our lone LB on the field.

We need to reduce gash run plays against, and get to middle of the pack on D.

SF, then KC, will present gargantuan challenges, as Deebo/CMC and Mahomes/Kelce are four of the best players in the league.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Staley did share that they had specifically cut a lot of plays that require movement from Herbert out of the offense while he recovered and they just started to "activate" that aspect against Atlanta. And it expressed itself on the field.

It is odd because I really do sense that everyone who posts here, no matter how negative, really does root for this team. But some of us I don't think will ever be happy no matter what. I am not as excited about this team right now as I was before the first game but the massive injuries are the predominant reason for that for me. It just seems insurmountable at present. But this is such a wierd NFL season so far that truly anything can happen. If Josh Allen has a multi game lingering problem with that elbow, Buffalo fans are going to get a taste of what we have been experiencing. If Mahomes gets hurt that changes everything for the Chiefs. Staley has not been the defensive guru I thought we were getting but he has held this team together in the face of just unbeleivable injuries to the very best players on the team.

And he seems to have good judgement on when to make changes....Swinton firing, benching Nas, benching Jackson....

TG
            Releasing Tillery....

BTW in Staleys defense: Beware of people who have success overnight!

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Tillery was only released because John Spanos said it was ok. I am surprised he sanctioned it, as I was told by insiders who have no knowledge of the actual situation and have never set foot on Chargers property and asked not to be named that he was doing his morning kitten drowning and clubbing some baby seals when he was interrupted and asked humbly and respectfully if it would be ok to release a first round draft pick that he made Telesco and all his scouts draft and Staley keep on the roster just to prove that he is an emperor-king savant and to purposefully make the Chargers lose games . John reportedly, and again there is no actual proof of this, said "I Will Allow It" and then pushed some old ladies he hired down stairs he had built in his office. Just another day for the executive team according to my sources who will deny it if you ever were to figure out their identities, which you won't.

Rich, my brother, this one is for you.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Tillery was only released because John Spanos said it was ok. I am surprised he sanctioned it, as I was told by insiders who have no knowledge of the actual situation and have never set foot on Chargers property and asked not to be named that he was doing his morning kitten drowning and clubbing some baby seals when he was interrupted and asked humbly and respectfully if it would be ok to release a first round draft pick that he made Telesco and all his scouts draft and Staley keep on the roster just to prove that he is an emperor-king savant and to purposefully make the Chargers lose games . John reportedly, and again there is no actual proof of this, said "I Will Allow It" and then pushed some old ladies he hired down stairs he had built in his office. Just another day for the executive team according to my sources who will deny it if you ever were to figure out their identities, which you won't.

Rich, my brother, this one is for you.

TG
                And I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/five-facts-miami-dolphins-head-coach-mike-mcdaniel

still in the Brian Flores, Ron Rivera, Joe Brady camp.... until proven otherwise,
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/five-facts-miami-dolphins-head-coach-mike-mcdaniel

still in the Brian Flores, Ron Rivera, Joe Brady camp.... until proven otherwise,
                      Maybe,

but McDaniel has the type of experiences in his coaching career that the Spanos find uninteresting:

worked with Kubiak and the Shanarat's for years.

Its almost like the Spanos want someone still nebulous and unformed, that they can shape into the family ways.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

So far the early part of the draft has been good for 2 years under Staley. The recent late draft picks have contributed very well. Salyer, Leonard. Chargers have won 4 of last 5 even with all the injuries to key players.
                        Staley had no issue making big moves. Benching of JC, cutting of Tillery, trade for Mack. Go for it on 4th down.
                        The culture is different under Brandon "I can handle the smoke" Staley.
                        My arrow is pointing way up right now. Although with the current state of the roster, I don't see a Superbowl team no matter who the HC is.... they need to continue to build with football playing jessies.....and add some more speed to the offense.....I'm expecting a better year 3....but year 2 has yet to be written......Kahlil Mack is here for 1 reason.......Brandon Staley......as long as he keeps adding more football playing Jessies.....I'm all in on this HC.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Send PM

Staley needs to realize soon that he needs adequate help on his staff. Most of the staff needs to be gutted and upgraded. The way he sent Darius Swinton out of the door, he'll need to have a good hard look in the mirror and his surroundings and do the same with Renaldo Hill and Joe Lombardi. Ryan Ficken has been an upgrade, and the Oline coach, Shaun Saurett, is doing a tremendous job for the most part. I can't say much of anything good about anyone else other than Frank Smith, and he's no longer on the Chargers staff.

Coaching matters, that's why you see vastly different teams with mostly the same personnel that have newly-hired head coaches and staff ala the Giants and the Dolphins.
                          Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 11-16-2022, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X