• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If you swapped Tua and Herbert this season Tua would be on IR and Herbert would be the runaway leader in the MVP race.
    Agree. Herbert with that WR group would be incredible. But that wasn’t Staley’s emphasis in the off season.

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree. Herbert with that WR group would be incredible. But that wasn’t Staley’s emphasis in the off season.
      Right, Staley's emphasis was on defense. Our defense now has the NFL running scared.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

After losing a few players (standard in this league) and having a losing record, Staley's team barely scraped by with wins against league trash; then, the Charges got their doors blown out at home against a rebuilt squad with Geno Smith at qb, but an excellent head coach who took young Staley out to the wood shed.:goofylol:
        You know darn well Spanos are going not going to hire Payton. If they dump Staley and hire a veteran HC it will be Jason Garrett not Payton. That changes nothing. The Spanos won't get out of the way. And its a pretty quick judgement to dump a young HC who is only half way through year 2 and has a winning record.
        :help:
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You know darn well Spanos are going not going to hire Payton. If they dump Staley and hire a veteran HC it will be Jason Garrett not Payton. That changes nothing. The Spanos won't get out of the way. And its a pretty quick judgement to dump a young HC who is only half way through year 2 and has a winning record.
          :help:
          I can change my mind.
          Staley needs to produce.
          The talk about it all being about relationships no longer moves me.
          The talk about Staley the defensive wiz is done...stick a fork in it.

Chargers are running into the tough part of their schedule.
          He needs to produce....period.
          Young coaches do not necessarily get better.
          Our experience here is that they actually get worse.

And yes, the Spanos are going to go the experienced coach route next .....
          some experienced dishrag of a head coach who will drop everything before a big game because Dean Spanos has a vague question about the peanut dispenser in the lobby at Charger park.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know what has got into Geno but he is 8th in passing yards and second in passing rating at 107 with a 72.7% completion rate.

He is up there with the best of them.
              Most of it, besides his hard work and dedication to prove he can be a starter in the NFL, has to do with a great coaching staff and running game to support him. Look at the 2019 season sandwiched in between 2018 and 2020 for Philip Rivers. In 2018 I, and I'm sure many others, saw that he wasn't as great as he had been in the past, but his numbers were still elite in part because Melvin Gordon was having a fantastic season. After 2019, in which everyone thought Rivers was finished, he had a very good year with the Colts,

I see Geno as a similar quarterback to a 39-year-old Rivers.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I can change my mind.
                Staley needs to produce.
                The talk about it all being about relationships no longer moves me.
                The talk about Staley the defensive wiz is done...stick a fork in it.

Chargers are running into the tough part of their schedule.
                He needs to produce....period.
                Young coaches do not necessarily get better.
                Our experience here is that they actually get worse.
                well said. Ive completely lost faith in stale's way of doing things, ESPECIALLY his D. I've never bought into the relationship thing cuz I thought you're not here to be friends with your players and be "gangster" alongside their rap idols. You're here to bring out the best in them and make them winners, and SB hoisters. so far he is BARELY a winning coach. no statement wins that I can recall but DEFINITELY statement losses. I SOOO want to eat crow cuz I want the TEAM to win so badly. but our losses are bad to EXTREMELY bad that I have very little faith left in the staff.
                Last edited by jubei; 11-04-2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Broncos have quietly acquired some decent draft capital to be able to trade for Payton.

Him and Reid in the same division would guarantee us being a mostly last place team for another decade.

Kinda like the last decade!
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Staley kind of reminds me of the glad-handing politician with the plastic smile who makes promises year after year, but just doesn't deliver...but he still wants yer vote...

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

wondering if there is a narrative starting to develop here.... ??

Brees has a group together to purchase the LAC. Dean not ready to sell next offseason, but perhaps in '024 ??

not sure that Telesco is the fall guy, but wouldn't be surprised if Staley is, as if Dean hires Payton, he only has to pay him for one season before he sells, and in theory, and if Payton is as good for us as plenty of peoples think, then Dean increases the value of his franchise prior to the sale.

and re: a first round pick, personally wouldn't give one up, save for the one aka MW.... former first rounder, seventh overall, and.... for good measure would throw in Easton.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You would need to swap out OC too!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

This guy took out the important stuff from that Payton/Saints discussion.

Comment

Working...
                          X