• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Everett is a frustrating player. So much to like about him but he seems to have one numbskull play each game.

TG
    It’s not a talent issue with Everett. He’s plenty talented. Good YAC and can get open. His problem is mental. Like you say one critical lapse almost per game. Not making the catch on that opening 3rd q drive was one of those. Just stay focused Gerald. All game. Lock in.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Justin throws too hard ?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

When does Staley or Lombardi get credit for keeping Herbert upright and very low sacks with their playcalling?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
          When does Staley or Lombardi get credit for keeping Herbert upright and very low sacks with their playcalling?
          End of season on the podium

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

He’s been in the league for 6 years. You really think it’s a coaching issue at this point?
            And he has been on the Chargers for half a season...still picking up the offense and developing a rapport with Herbert

He is an upgrade over Cook in the passing game and can block.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2022
              • Send PM

Newbie here transitioning from Ben-led Steelers to Herbert-led Chargers. If the Chargers are to make hay in the playoffs, Staley must ask Herbert during early week game planning “What do you need from Me (and my OC) to Carry this Team to Victory?” Coming from a Steelers D-Culture, in the Chargers I see a reactive defense unable to impose their will. On D Staley needs to take chances to force turnovers. AND Herbert must be more vocal with HC & OC with ownership of how the O executes. I see the Bills template with how they utilize Allen as the way to go, with less designed running. More rollouts, bootlegs, pocket movement with TEs/lineman.

And Eckler needs > 7 catches per game. Dude is a Baller!!!

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

From some posters here? Never!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Staley did share that they had specifically cut a lot of plays that require movement from Herbert out of the offense while he recovered and they just started to "activate" that aspect against Atlanta. And it expressed itself on the field.

It is odd because I really do sense that everyone who posts here, no matter how negative, really does root for this team. But some of us I don't think will ever be happy no matter what. I am not as excited about this team right now as I was before the first game but the massive injuries are the predominant reason for that for me. It just seems insurmountable at present. But this is such a wierd NFL season so far that truly anything can happen. If Josh Allen has a multi game lingering problem with that elbow, Buffalo fans are going to get a taste of what we have been experiencing. If Mahomes gets hurt that changes everything for the Chiefs. Staley has not been the defensive guru I thought we were getting but he has held this team together in the face of just unbeleivable injuries to the very best players on the team.

And he seems to have good judgement on when to make changes....Swinton firing, benching Nas, benching Jackson....

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    Justin throws too hard ?
                    The throw that went through Palmers hands and bounced of his helmet was not too hard.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

When you give Staley or Lombardi credit for Herbert’s smashed rib cartilage

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

When you give Staley or Lombardi credit for Herbert’s smashed rib cartilage
                        Why would they get credit for that? The reality is you guys keep calling for deeper passes ignoring who is available at WR and on the line which would lead to more pounding on Herbert.

R

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why would they get credit for that? The reality is you guys keep calling for deeper passes ignoring who is available at WR and on the line which would lead to more pounding on Herbert.

R
                          Are you auditioning for a job working for the Chargers? Sounds like it if you only give credit for good things and reject responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

As far as deep passes go, what’s this “you guys” nonsense? Show me a post where I’ve said that.

Comment

Working...
                          X