• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

What was Bobby Ross' favorite victory meal? Bowl of Cream of Wheat.
    I seem to remember that.

Cream of Wheat with berries, figs or dates is awesome.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
      The Bolts are allowing a league-worst 5.5 yards per rush, on track to be the most in the league since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.
      If this continues no playoffs and bye bye Staley and staff, along with TT!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Chains favorite has to be crow. He ate plenty while he was here and Palmer is looking better every week.
        Was that crow that Chain was eating? Chain will tell you its T-bone steak.

And btw, Palmer is doing exactly what Chaincrusher expected, given their injuries.
        He's not impressed.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

2020 Chargers: 10th in total defense
          2021 Chargers: 23rd in total defense
          2022 Chargers: 25th in total defense

Staley's scheme is flawed. Time to move on. Gee, glad we didn't get involved with that Brian Daboll guy as head coach. He's going nowhere. :sarcasm off:

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Was that crow that Chain was eating? Chain will tell you its T-bone steak.

And btw, Palmer is doing exactly what Chaincrusher expected, given their injuries.
            He's not impressed.

He isn't Keenan Allen but he has played pretty well lately. Chain said he wouldn't ever do anything in the NFL while he slid ahead of his boy rather quickly.
            Chain said a lot of dumb things.
            All he knew to do was look up meaningless stats because he didn't understand the game.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-23-2022, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

At the beginning of every season Jim Harbaugh is always offered interviews by teams in need of a new Hc! I believe last season he was a hair away from being hired by the Vikings and even interviewed on the down low! He was also looking at the Dolphins and Bears HC position at one point but chose to return to his college team.

I believe If we don't make the playoffs and Staley is unable to get the Chargers with Justin Herbert into the playoffs, again, it could be possible for the Chargers to get an interview with Harbaugh, I also believe Payton would be chomping at the bit for an interview. That is when the Chargers would have to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

In regard to Ireland he was identified as a GM Harbaugh would love to work with, off the record. During the interview Spanos would only need to ask who are the individuals he would want to work with as GM? Ireland's name could come up again, or someone like him.

RE:

On the other hand, there is another prominent rumor. That of Jim Harbaugh. It is no secret at this point the Michigan head coach is contemplating a return to the NFL and the Bears are atop his list of destinations. Ireland is a GM he’d like to be paired with. This shouldn’t be a surprise. The two know each other both from their time together in Chicago back in the ’80s and also Ireland’s pursuit of him as a head coach back in 2011 with the Dolphins.

Jim Harbaugh with Ireland and John Spanos sounds like it could be a winning combo to me going forward! Again only if Staley fails again to make the playoffs this year with this franchise QB?
              Thank you for the information. Harbaugh is by far my top choice. If he becomes our head coach I will go on eBay and buy the #4 Chargers jersey he wore in 1999 and 2000, and I will wear it every Sunday he is leading us.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He isn't Keenan Allen but he has played pretty well lately. Chain said he wouldn't ever do anything in the NFL while he slid ahead of his boy rather quickly.
                Chain said a lot of dumb things.
                All he knew how to do was look up meaningless stats because he didn't understand the game.
                Palmer is on pace for 85 catches for 937 yards and 6 TDs.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Under new #NFL rules, teams can start to interview potential GM and coaching candidates during last 2 weeks of regular season, starting week of Dec 27. Teams must interview minimum of 2 external minority candidates for GM position, 1 for Head Coaching position.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I seem to remember that.

Cream of Wheat with berries, figs or dates is awesome.

Sean Payton's tastes are a little different. 2007 Caymus Special Selection cabernet sauvignon. This is a story I read 12 years ago and it stuck with me.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Sean Payton resigned as head coach of the New Orleans Saints after last season, but he has his eyes on two teams if he were to return next season.

Oh damn.... I would say yes. I predict if Sean chooses the Chargers he will get the coaching job.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                        https://www.foxnews.com/sports/super...eyeing-2-teams

Oh damn.... I would say yes. I predict if Sean chooses the Chargers he will get the coaching job.
                        I'll take Sean Payton any day over the repeated coaching experimental carousel we continue to employ.

2 potential problems:
                        1. The cost - spanos clan is cheap
                        2. The history - bounty gate

Would spanos dare?
                        ​​​

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I'll take Sean Payton any day over the repeated coaching experimental carousel we continue to employ.

2 potential problems:
                          1. The cost - spanos clan is cheap
                          2. The history - bounty gate

Would spanos dare?
                          ​​​
                          As the board optimist...I say if they decide to move on from Staley this year, which will not happen if we make the playoffs, than they surprise us all and pony up for Payton.

Comment

Working...
                          X