• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
    Staley has no clue. MW should have never played last week. A high ankle sprain takes many weeks to heal. Staley said MW would be at practice on wed and is day to day. clueless in LA.
    Well hey, we let LT give it a go with a MCL sprain that is a 4 to 6 week injury only to get criticized when he couldn't go after trying. Pip had been playing with a MCL sprain.

It was a big game and MW thought he could go. Can't fault Staley for that.

Staley has made mistakes but some of you act like we are the only team that have done these things and have the only GM that has made bad draft picks. Every team has done these exact things.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well hey, we let LT give it a go with a MCL sprain that is a 4 to 6 week injury only to get criticized when he couldn't go after trying. Pip had been playing with a MCL sprain.

Staley has made mistakes but some of you act like we are the only team that have done these things and have the only GM that has made bad draft picks. Every team has done these exact things.
      Yes, they have. But #1 and #2 picks that don't pan out REALY hurt.

Comment

• Air Coryell
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Carlsbad, CA
        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe that is your expectation. I expect with a talent like JH, that the coaching staff makes a play for a championship. Staley sucked last year and this year is even worse with the upgrades on defense. Sorry, you should expect excellence. If you are ok with mediocracy, go cheer for someone else.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh winning a BIG game with his top player injured, and using the DEEP GAME! Having his players ready for a big game!

I could only imagine what Harbaugh would do in LA if he had Herbert! Sigh back to reality! Hope we can beat the cardinals.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Yes, they have. But #1 and #2 picks that don't pan out REALY hurt.
            True, and up to half of the first round picks don't. It's just nobody here is paying attention to the other teams picks except when they see a 3rd or 4th rounder excelling and saying "why can't TT do that".
            How many of those picks are excelling?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Maybe that is your expectation. I expect with a talent like JH, that the coaching staff makes a play for a championship. Staley sucked last year and this year is even worse with the upgrades on defense. Sorry, you should expect excellence. If you are ok with mediocracy, go cheer for someone else.
              The best QBs doesn't always win a championship.
              Marino didn't while Miami's backup guided them to an undefeated season that still stands.
              And I'd like to see excellence, but our owner don't hire those guys and prefer to call the shots themselves. They are mediocre yet here you are,....ok with it.

Maybe you should take your own advice!

Comment

• Floyal Rush
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2022
                • Send PM

Boltjolt: The best QB’s don’t always win a championship.

Tom Brady: Hold my beer.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I think they did make moves to win a championship when they made the trades and FA signings they made in this off-season. They can't be expected to know that so many of the best players on the team will be missing so much time. When you lose all those pro-bowl players you have a far less chance to be successful.

IMO, Staley has these guys playing hard even with all the bad luck on the injury front. I don't know what will happen in the last 7 games but what's wrong with hoping for the best?
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think they did make moves to win a championship when they made the trades and FA signings they made in this off-season. They can't be expected to know that so many of the best players on the team will be missing so much time. When you lose all those pro-bowl players you have a far less chance to be successful.

IMO, Staley has these guys playing hard even with all the bad luck on the injury front. I don't know what will happen in the last 7 games but what's wrong with hoping for the best?
                    Hope is what rebellions are built on. Not really a good strategy to win football games, though. We're trying to make the playoffs, not blow up the Death Star.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Hope is what rebellions are built on. Not really a good strategy to win football games, though. We're trying to make the playoffs, not blow up the Death Star.
                      Hopeful Chargers fans unite! Overthrow the weak pessimists.
                      Coaches & players study and work. Rest. Then work some more. Rest. Go Play.
                      Kicking ass is serious fun! Enjoy yourselves!

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Joey Bosa, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, JC Jackson, Rashawn Slater... gone for most of the year.
                        Expectations...? LOL! What did people expect...?

There are so many moves that TT made that are not even being recognized:
                        SJD and Austin Johnson were good pick-ups. Bryce Callahan is the value pick-up of the league. Morgan Fox is playing waaaay above his salary. Khalil Mack is the player we all begged for... and got.
                        Last edited by Boltnut; 11-27-2022, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

I cant believe you guys are beliving the injury excuse as to why we stink. Staley refuses to address the lambo issue and keeps rushing our players back too early. 1st it was Allen and now Mike Will and I also think he hasnt done anything on defense like he promised. Meanwhile Brain DaBoll has a high school level QB and has the Giants at 7 wins. Staley needs to push this team way more than he has. We aren't even any given Sunday type team anymore. All Staley ball has been is too show up at gameday and go for a few 4th down calls and lose.

Comment

Working...
                          X