• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Daboll would have changed the offense as well.
    Bills offense is still the same without Daboll. It proves players matter more than coaches….unless it’s the wrong 4th down call.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
      What kind of record would cool the fire staley talk?
      I will "cool" my dislike for Staley as a head coach when he can lead this team to more convincing wins over opposition that is quarterbacked by backups like Davis Mills and Jacoby Brissett--instead of needing a missed field goal attempt by Cleveland following a stupid decision that I don't think even Anthony Lynn, Mike McCoy, or Norv Turner would have made.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

with this crowd they still fire him after SB win coz he didnt win by 50
        And you know this how? From all the Super Bowl rings that are NOT on LaDainian Tomlinson's, Antonio Gates's, and Philip Rivers' fingers?

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

In the end, the only thing that matters is if we make the playoffs or not. Style points, while making fans happy, don't really matter.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Oh good, these links were posted yet again.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Things that have improved since staley’s arrival?

drafting has improved and with precise goals in mind

the offseason FA signing has also been focused, organized, and executed with clearly defined goals in mind,,,,

we haven’t lost a star player to injury in the preseason

the offensive and defensive lines have been dramatically improved

Also some dissapointing players drafted before his watch have blossomed under his tutelage…

overall, the in game time management has been better than under lynn
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  In the end, the only thing that matters is if we make the playoffs or not. Style points, while making fans happy, don't really matter.
                  I'm sorry, but after wasting multiple Hall of Fame talents' careers, and with Justin Herbert as our current quarterback, simply making the playoffs is not enough. If we go 9-8 and lose badly in the first round that's not good enough. I will be encouraged if we see a trajectory similar to what the Bills accomplished in 2020 and 2021. I'll be more encouraged if we do what Cincinnati did last year. No success whatsoever in the playoffs this year will be no better than what we had with our previous head coaches.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I will "cool" my dislike for Staley as a head coach when he can lead this team to more convincing wins over opposition that is quarterbacked by backups like Davis Mills and Jacoby Brissett--instead of needing a missed field goal attempt by Cleveland following a stupid decision that I don't think even Anthony Lynn, Mike McCoy, or Norv Turner would have made.
                    Missed field goal attempt. Do you remember the opener in 2020 against CIN? Where the Bengals kicker tripped on the field goal attempt causing him to miss the kick, and the Chargers ending up winning it. There's was the 2019 game against the Bears, where the team escaped with the win when the Chicago kicker missed the field goal with the ball going wide left. These are just a couple, there are more besides these. This thing didn't just happen under Staley.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Missed field goal attempt. Do you remember the opener in 2020 against CIN? Where the Bengals kicker tripped on the field goal attempt causing him to miss the kick, and the Chargers ending up winning it. There's was the 2019 game against the Bears, where the team escaped with the win when the Chicago kicker missed the field goal with the ball going wide left. These are just a couple, there are more besides these. This thing didn't just happen under Staley.
                      Did either of those happen when Anthony Lynn decided to go for it on fourth-and-2 at the 50-yard-line and the opposing team had Jacoby Brissett and no timeouts with 1:14 left?

I expect these circumstances to go better when we replace Anthony Lynn--not stay the same or get worse.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Bills offense is still the same without Daboll. It proves players matter more than coaches….unless it’s the wrong 4th down call.
                        Not sure what you’re talking about or what it has to do with my post. If Daboll was our HC instead of Staley, then he would have changed the offense also.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post

Yeah I was gonna add his putting a low priority at LB because that is "his system" has backfired. We should have resigned Kyzir White for cheap like we could have. Imagine if we had ONE stiud LB how much better our run defense would be, but were stuck with Murray, Fox, Reeder, etc. A good coach looks at his situation and adjusts. I bet Staley goes to the same coffee shop, eats the same breakfast, believes his same system shit that worked before is foolproof, etc. Dude is in such a rut I hear the Panama Canal wants to hire him to dig their next canal.
                          Fox isnt a LB.

Comment

Working...
                          X