• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Thank you for the inside information. We'll try to think of some other possible candidates for you to share with your sources.
    C'mon man, how long you been following this team?

It isn't happening. Harbaugh makes over 7 million a year at Michigan. Why would he leave there to work for peanuts for the Spanos who won't come close to offering that?
    And Harbaugh won't put up with Johnboy calling his shots lol.
    Maybe you have some sources you can share.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It isn't happening. Harbaugh makes over 7 million a year at Michigan. Why would he leave there to work for peanuts for the Spanos who won't come close to offering that?
      A man can dream. I find it hard to believe he doesn't want to return to the NFL and win a Super Bowl. What other options out there include a quarterback on Justin Herbert's level? The Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers,and Oakland (I will never call them Las Vegas) Raiders aren't even close. Then there are the Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos, and Chicago Bears, each of whom has a quarterback you can build with, but we all know they're not Herbert. From a personnel standpoint we are the most appealing option if we do have an opening this offseason.

Hopefully someone within Herbert's circle will express to Dean he won't sign an extension unless they dig deeper into their pockets for a head coach such as Harbaugh. All they have to do is point to Philip Rivers' final 13 seasons as the Chargers' starting quarterback and say, "That ain't happening to our guy."

The Spanos family is certainly a problem. Yet, how much longer can they get by with this fan base accepting the likes of Norv, McCoy, and Lynn at head coach? I would like to think not much longer, although I read some posts on this board and see how many still aren't fed up with the same B.S. occurring repeatedly for several years.

Comment

• Spaceater
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Staley is on a “ prove me” contract on the cheap, so don’t expect any changes. If there are, it will be on his coaching staff.

Comment

• Lightnin'
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Short of finishing with under 7 wins, the only major change-post '22 MAY BE at GM; and that's no guarantee.

Despite being in the LA market, having a roster with studs on both sides of the ball, you've got to
          think potential HC's (following a poor '23 season) will keep looking if offered by the Chargers.

When this franchise unceremoniously ditched a 14-3 coach following the '06 season, the message was sent-
          regardless of on-field success, if someone in management (GM) or ownership wants you out, you're gone.

High quality coaches and their agents have long memories, and given the sorry litany of hires-they continue to
          remember.

Unless Staley starts winning (not "competing") the remainder of '22 and through '23, we'll all be trading names again
          for a new GM and Coach this time next year.
          San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Why he would leave Michigan? He leaves everywhere after 4 years.
            He grates on admins and GMs and they always eventually work behind the scenes to get him out from his contract.
            He is sick of the pale, wane smile of the college president who lacks a win at all cost attitude,
            and has a sickly sweet unmasculine odor about him that is revolting to Harbaugh.

The 2nd part of your response is a tough one to refute.
            Let my try:
            because Harbaugh is rich enough to not care about the peanuts the tight wadded Spanos throw his way;
            because Harbaugh feels that the pieces are in place here to win a Super Bowl, which still must be a personal goal of his;
            because he has some connection to the Chargers and the community;
            because the Spanos are soft, coddled and mentally weak, and he could push them around just long enough to shake up the organization
            and get that Super Bowl ring here.
            :troll:

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Why he would leave Michigan? He leaves everywhere after 4 years.
              He grates on admins and GMs and they always eventually work behind the scenes to get him out from his contract.
              He is sick of the pale, wane smile of the college president who lacks a win at all cost attitude,
              and has a sickly sweet unmasculine odor about him that is revolting to Harbaugh.

The 2nd part of your response is a tough one to refute.
              Let my try:
              because Harbaugh is rich enough to not care about the peanuts the tight wadded Spanos throw his way;
              because Harbaugh feels that the pieces are in place here to win a Super Bowl, which still must be a personal goal of his;
              because he has some connection to the Chargers and the community;
              because the Spanos are soft, coddled and mentally weak, and he could push them around just long enough to shake up the organization
              and get that Super Bowl ring here.
              :troll:
              He has been at Michigan for 7 seasons and signed an extension. He gets to recruit who he wants and is in charge.
              He will have little say here but keep dreaming.

This is the Spanos clown show.

You guys think he would take half what he makes at Michigan to come here because he has a good quarterback? It's like saying you would leave your company for half the price because they got better cubicals.

Let's not forget Harbaughs quarterback in San Francisco was Kapernick and he loved him when nobody else did.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

He has been at Michigan for 7 seasons and signed an extension. He gets to recruit who he wants and is in charge.
                He will have little say here but keep dreaming.

This is the Spanos clown show.

You guys think he would take half what he makes at Michigan to come here because he has a good quarterback? It's like saying you would leave your company for half the price because they got better cubicals.
                Its been 7 years? Well past his expiration date.
                Some incident (the final straw) is about to happen after the upcoming road loss to Ohio State.

Personally, i'm not a Harbaugh guy....although his hiring would make things interesting.

The biggest obstacle is that the squishy Spanos clan would be frightened of him;
                they only hire pleasant chaps with ingratiating mannersims....Telesco types.

They are like gophers forever popping their heads out of their hole testing the wind for predatory smells.
                The slightest mal odor sends them back down.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not happening.

I know its not happening because we are making the playoffs. Right? But lets keep it real as of today: TT/Staley < Ireland/Harbaugh 10 out of 10 times.

Herbert with Harbaugh would be incredible.... The first thing he would do is get the right players on the field that play DEFENSE. 2nd thing he would do is get a RB who has the abilities to put up 100 rushing yards a game. It would be INCREDIBLE! 3rd He would make Dean & John Spanos look very SMART and we would finally have our Beathard, Ross, Marty, type football mind back with the Chargers calling the shots! I'm sure Dean can remember when Alex understood that the Chargers needed great football minds to get to where they wanted to go, IE Playoffs, Division titles, Superbowls..... Staley is on thin ice and its really time for his players to show and play like they actually believe in him and his coaches. . .
                  Last edited by electricgold; 11-22-2022, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I know its not happening because we are making the playoffs. Right? But lets keep it real as of today: TT/Staley < Ireland/Harbaugh 10 out of 10 times.

Herbert with Harbaugh would be incredible.... The first thing he would do is get the right players on the field that play DEFENSE. 2nd thing he would do is get a RB who has the abilities to put up 100 rushing yards a game. It would be INCREDIBLE! 3rd He would make Dean & John Spanos look very SMART and we would finally have our Beathard, Ross, Marty, type football mind back with the Chargers calling the shots! I'm sure Dean can remember when Alex understood that the Chargers needed great football minds to get to where they wanted to go, IE Playoffs, Division titles, Superbowls..... Staley is on thin ice and its really time for his players to show and play like they actually believe in him and his coaches. . .
                    I'd FAR rather have Sean Payton than Harbaugh. Harbaugh is a team killer and will burn out his stay in a couple of years.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

I would be a little concerned about the job Ireland did with the Dolphins, but it appears he has been excellent in his role with the Saints. I'm not sure about the connection with Harbaugh, though. Are they linked together somehow?

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I would be a little concerned about the job Ireland did with the Dolphins, but it appears he has been excellent in his role with the Saints. I'm not sure about the connection with Harbaugh, though. Are they linked together somehow?
                        At the beginning of every season Jim Harbaugh is always offered interviews by teams in need of a new Hc! I believe last season he was a hair away from being hired by the Vikings and even interviewed on the down low! He was also looking at the Dolphins and Bears HC position at one point but chose to return to his college team.

I believe If we don't make the playoffs and Staley is unable to get the Chargers with Justin Herbert into the playoffs, again, it could be possible for the Chargers to get an interview with Harbaugh, I also believe Payton would be chomping at the bit for an interview. That is when the Chargers would have to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

In regard to Ireland he was identified as a GM Harbaugh would love to work with, off the record. During the interview Spanos would only need to ask who are the individuals he would want to work with as GM? Ireland's name could come up again, or someone like him.

RE:

On the other hand, there is another prominent rumor. That of Jim Harbaugh. It is no secret at this point the Michigan head coach is contemplating a return to the NFL and the Bears are atop his list of destinations. Ireland is a GM he’d like to be paired with. This shouldn’t be a surprise. The two know each other both from their time together in Chicago back in the ’80s and also Ireland’s pursuit of him as a head coach back in 2011 with the Dolphins.

Jim Harbaugh with Ireland and John Spanos sounds like it could be a winning combo to me going forward! Again only if Staley fails again to make the playoffs this year with this franchise QB?

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

At the beginning of every season Jim Harbaugh is always offered interviews by teams in need of a new Hc! I believe last season he was a hair away from being hired by the Vikings and even interviewed on the down low! He was also looking at the Dolphins and Bears HC position at one point but chose to return to his college team.

I believe If we don't make the playoffs and Staley is unable to get the Chargers with Justin Herbert into the playoffs, again, it could be possible for the Chargers to get an interview with Harbaugh, I also believe Payton would be chomping at the bit for an interview. That is when the Chargers would have to make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

In regard to Ireland he was identified as a GM Harbaugh would love to work with, off the record. During the interview Spanos would only need to ask who are the individuals he would want to work with as GM? Ireland's name could come up again, or someone like him.

RE:

On the other hand, there is another prominent rumor. That of Jim Harbaugh. It is no secret at this point the Michigan head coach is contemplating a return to the NFL and the Bears are atop his list of destinations. Ireland is a GM he’d like to be paired with. This shouldn’t be a surprise. The two know each other both from their time together in Chicago back in the ’80s and also Ireland’s pursuit of him as a head coach back in 2011 with the Dolphins.

Jim Harbaugh with Ireland and John Spanos sounds like it could be a winning combo to me going forward! Again only if Staley fails again to make the playoffs this year with this franchise QB?
                          Ireland?
                          isn't his mother a prostitute??
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X