• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

Yes but if we don’t I was hearing a podcast that claims to have sources saying missing the playoffs could result in keeping Staley and making him change to more experienced coordinators. My question is what the fuck would they do that for. Missing playoffs two years with Herbert should mean you’re fired. What is Staley even bringing to the table at that point if you’re forcing him to change coordinators.
    Spanos=cheapass

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

I think expectations on coaches in their 2nd year as head coaches need to be looked at here. So very few have taken below 500 teams and have executed well enough to have over a 500 record. Look at what what Denver is going through or Vegas (yah i know mcd is a 2nd time HC) and those are better than even many.

What Staley has installed im actually pretty satisfied with in comparison, especially considering the decimation of our OL, DL and WR core this year….its fricken brutal yet hes managed to keep us in contention and weve pushed KC in every game hes ever coached against them. He isnt perfect but im so done with milk toast coaches we had in the past. I just believe in Staley and his teaching and culture. I dont believe injury derailing should be why hes fired. Frankly Lombo is learning too and has had to deal with the same OL and WR issues yet Herb is #2 in yards in the nfl.

if you get rid of Lombo then whom do we get thats proven? Payton is a bit of a stain for the shit he pulled…he wont come as an OC and i like Staley too much at this point as a leader. Payton …how long will he coach till he bails?

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

One thing about Staley....he is more cut throat than I think we acknowledge. He is all chipper and nice, but he fired one of his best buddies in the off season and really upgraded ST coaching. He benched big name FA and starters for not performing. And he will criticize/speak the truth about his players when necessary. I doubt he will blindly keep Lombardi or Hill if he feels like they are holding him or the team back. Staley wants to win and be known as an elite coach. Loyalty to friends won't get in the way of that. This is not an Anthony Lynn/George Stewart situation.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

The interview with Jade of 33rd Team was revealing.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            One thing about Staley....he is more cut throat than I think we acknowledge. He is all chipper and nice, but he fired one of his best buddies in the off season and really upgraded ST coaching. He benched big name FA and starters for not performing. And he will criticize/speak the truth about his players when necessary. I doubt he will blindly keep Lombardi or Hill if he feels like they are holding him or the team back. Staley wants to win and be known as an elite coach. Loyalty to friends won't get in the way of that. This is not an Anthony Lynn/George Stewart situation.

TG
            Very solid points here. The turnaround this team has done on special teams is amazing. Staley is not an idiot. The Anthony Lynn/George Stewart analogy is spot on. Staley has acknowledged the teams failure in offensive goal to goal situations. I could not believe Mike Williams did not get one look in that situation to begin the game.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

Very solid points here. The turnaround this team has done on special teams is amazing. Staley is not an idiot. The Anthony Lynn/George Stewart analogy is spot on. Staley has acknowledged the teams failure in offensive goal to goal situations. I could not believe Mike Williams did not get one look in that situation to begin the game.
              It is starting to all come together.
              Staley is tireless.
              So long as the world does not run out of coffee beans.

Comment

• NashBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It is starting to all come together.
                Staley is tireless.
                So long as the world does not run out of coffee beans.
                I drink a potion made from magic beans everyday and it brings me back to life.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

How so?

Comment

• Rugger05
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Here is the interview.
                    The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

How so?
                      It reveals Staley's big picture thinking.
                      Things are slowly coming together.
                      We are building towards a championship run.

Example:
                      (Paraphrased)
                      Staley acknowledged that much of what he is saying is cliched, but stated he knows these cliches to be true.

The key component is the mindset of the players and coaches, together.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

Here is the interview.
                        Mike Tannenbaum, head dude at 33rd Team has been unabashed in declaring Justin Herbert the best player in football.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2022
                          • Send PM

Riddle me this Chargers forumites:
                          Staley has stated he desires Herbert to also be a coach on the field, so:
                          • To what extent has Staley/Lombo explained Herbert having authority to run no huddle, audible, & call his own plays in the huddle?
                          • Does Staley actively participate with weekday gameplanning sessions, especially asking Herbert what he desires to be installed?
                          • Does Lombo understand his decade plus inertia with short static pocket passer Brees is not leveraging Herbert’s abilities?
                          • Has Staley/Lombo discussed the intricacies of moving the pocket (say center, guard, TE pulls) and running no-huddle? Alon with confirming these are Herbert’s sweet spots?
                          ​Thx!

Comment

Working...
                          X