• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
    There were a few nuggets suggesting that Bosa may return to practice this week. I checked injury report and nothing. So I think he's getting real close. I wonder what Slaters ETA is. Moving Salyer to RT could be all we need. We can only hope.
    I wonder if coaches are estimating they will win this week without Joey and that calculates into their caution/insurance timing plan

I am comfortable with Pipkins at RT. He has played quite well. I’d love to see Salyer at LG next to Slater but I know that won’t happen until next year (after a TC) at the earliest. I remain a bitter Feiler non-fan, its become personal to the point i am probably not unbiased anymore.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wonder if coaches are estimating they will win this week without Joey and that calculates into their caution/insurance timing plan

I am comfortable with Pipkins at RT. He has played quite well. I’d love to see Salyer at LG next to Slater but I know that won’t happen until next year (after a TC) at the earliest. I remain a bitter Feiler non-fan, its become personal to the point i am probably not unbiased anymore.
      We cannot draft enough oline throughout our draft enough including after this years draft. I don't want to draft another Guard in the first round again though. Just think how much better we might have been if we drafted some more beef with our 3rd and 4th rounders last draft. Instead we got non-starters. Sad.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We cannot draft enough oline throughout our draft enough including after this years draft. I don't want to draft another Guard in the first round again though. Just think how much better we might have been if we drafted some more beef with our 3rd and 4th rounders last draft. Instead we got non-starters. Sad.
        I liked the 2022 draft.
        It's never perfect. We got quality beef pick 5, 6a. 3 was 4.3 speed for DB/ ST, 4 good RB prospect.

I lean toward BPA over PON, best is when they intersect.
        Any player that is head and shoulders the best player available when we're on the clock, take him.
        It's hard to get too many great players, If we're already loaded at that position, draft & trade for a need.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

We are currently the 5th least penalized team. That is a sign that Staley is doing something right. I do not recall a Chargers team this disciplined.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            We are currently the 5th least penalized team. That is a sign that Staley is doing something right. I do not recall a Chargers team this disciplined.
            Interesting point.
            Last year, after 3 or 4 games, we had a mulititude of non-disciplined penalties that took points off the board( and if memory serves, cost us a game?) Without the benefit of having played together in actual game action( Staley decided to sit nearly all starters through all pre-season), guys just weren't in sync. It was fairly obvious.
            Now with a years + worth of games in Staley's system, guys know what to expect, and what's expected of them.
            Discipline is a great description Stinky. We didn't have it last year, this year shaping up much better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I did not realize this. Thanks for pointing it out.

I am also noticing a little more swagger to the guys. Murray in particular looks like a totally different player in his demeanor. Staley is not perfect and has a lot of growing to do but he most definitely reaches the players.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm most impressed with the lack of false starts and delay of games on the offense. Those penalties drive me nuts!
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

I just want to say one thing I really appreciate about Brandon Staley as the Chargers coach is the time and candidness he will put into interviews and press conferences. There are coaches who grumble though it offering the minumum they possiblely can, and others who just give cliches but Staley has always been enlightening and informative, and willing to talk football and share some insight with reporters, which benefits us fans.

He clearly loves the game and is a colorful coach. I have always liked him but this season have been a bit frustrated with him. I think because of the constantly sieve like run defence and giving up so many big pays for a supposed defensive guru but he really impressed me last week and if he can shore up the D a bit more consistently i am back on board with the team growing with this young coach. He does deserve credit for all the injuries he has had t navigate through and hs players seem to love him.

I still want a top notch offensive mind to unleash the full Herbert on the league though.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm always about using premium selections on offensive linemen, but it's getting to the point where we should be focusing on restocking the defensive line, particularly the pass-rushers. Bosa, as much as I love him, is not the Rivers of defensive ends, and Mack is 32 in February. With Mahomes in our division, and Allen, Burrow, Jackson (overrated, but still), Watson, and Trevor Lawrence (I think he'll be very good once the team around him is built) in the conference, we really need kick-ass pass-rushers making quarterbacks lives miserable.

I haven't given up on J.T. Woods yet, but that pick is not looking good at all. It's like when I said, "I'm not giving up on Craig Mager yet." But Travis Jones, the defensive tackle Chaincrusher was pushing for in the third round, has 12 tackles and one sack for the Baltimore Ravens this year. It's hard.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Naz did not look very good in his (albeit limited) rookie season. Woods has lots of tools just has to tackle. And it is not like he can be Deion Sanders. Safeties HAVE to tackle and lay the wood, pun intended.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm always about using premium selections on offensive linemen, but it's getting to the point where we should be focusing on restocking the defensive line, particularly the pass-rushers. Bosa, as much as I love him, is not the Rivers of defensive ends, and Mack is 32 in February. With Mahomes in our division, and Allen, Burrow, Jackson (overrated, but still), Watson, and Trevor Lawrence (I think he'll be very good once the team around him is built) in the conference, we really need kick-ass pass-rushers making quarterbacks lives miserable.

I haven't given up on J.T. Woods yet, but that pick is not looking good at all. It's like when I said, "I'm not giving up on Craig Mager yet." But Travis Jones, the defensive tackle Chaincrusher was pushing for in the third round, has 12 tackles and one sack for the Baltimore Ravens this year. It's hard.
                        You can never, ever go wrong constantly drafting both offensive and defensive linemen each and every year. They can cover up, or at least minimize, deficiencies in skill players on both sides.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I'm most impressed with the lack of false starts and delay of games on the offense. Those penalties drive me nuts!
                          I jumped out of my seat and started swearing at an ill-timed False Start on Feiler vs the Dolphins.

People at the Sports Bar were staring at me.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X