• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

He is currently the Assistant Head Coach of 49ers.
    Kyle Shanahan is one of the better HC and wanted him.
    Lynn got booted out of Detroit in half a season and now they’re putting up over 30 points a game.

Shanahan has known Lynn since he was a kid and did Lynn a solid. Family ties. Do you think Lynn has done anything meaningful at SF? I do t. That machine was well in place.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Just keep telling yourself that, over and over. Maybe you'll even convince yourself.
      LOL.
      You keep being a troll. Maybe you will get a bridge to live under one day.

You don't even know what Pollyanna means.LOL They pretend all is good. I'm not pretending all is good. I've posted many criticism of the Chargers, I don't think all is good, there are issues including a couple about Staley. I suppose you have overlooked some of my criticism of Staley posts because it wouldn't fit your phony made up narrative.

I see you like doing the reverse pollyanna, crying the sky is falling and that the team should be burned to the ground, pretending that will somehow lead to better days. LOL. Pathetically hoping and pretending that another firing and hiring another HC under owners Spanos will change anything. Lynn went 12-4 and won a playoff game, he was fired. We are still waiting for change to come. But let's fire another HC. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over. I don't see the Steelers, Ravens, Seattle firing their HCs so quickly. Good organization don't go through HCs over and over again. They retool the roster and stick with the coach they believed in when they hired him.

I see enough positive out of this current staff along with it only being year 2 that Im not ready to jump on the fire them bandwagon, but I still reserved my seat if needed.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Imo Staley has shown enough (just enough) to shut me up until we're mathematically eliminated.
        after that, depending on how the season ended, heaven help TPB, I'm going OFF.
        MUHAHAHA.

Until then, with enough health, we can win any game.
        Stay tuned fellow fanatics.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Imo Staley has shown enough (just enough) to shut me up until we're mathematically eliminated.
          after that, depending on how the season ended, heaven help TPB, I'm going OFF.
          MUHAHAHA.

Until then, with enough health, we can win any game.
          Stay tuned fellow fanatics.
          We are no longer the San Diego Super Chargers...we are now the Los Angeles Super Gimpers!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We are no longer the San Diego Super Chargers...we are now the Los Angeles Super Gimpers!
            :mybrainhurts:
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

All our LBs were injured for that Ravens game. Necessity was the mother of invention. Adrian Phillips played so well for us then but they inexplicably let him go after the season and he’s been a stalwart for the Patriots ever since.
              We did have some LBs injured. But it was the first time Gus had schemed to the players he had, rather than stick it out with what he loves doing. It was SO out of the box (and in a big game).

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Herbert is halfway through year 3 of his career.

Did you expect him to make it year 2 with a new scheme and coach with KC Superbowl champs in his division.
                Yes. Yes I did.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'll "settle" for someone with a slightly better resume than Andy Reid before the Chiefs hired him.

When Andy Reid was with the Eagles, he made the playoffs 9 times and missed them 5 times before he was fired. His playoff record was 10-9 and he did not win a SB. As you mentioned, Payton's teams made the playoffs 9 times in 15 years. His playoff record was 9-8 and he won a SB. Results seem pretty even, aside from Payton actually winning a SB with his first team.
                  You have certainly run with this comparison to Andy Reid, even though he and Payton are not the same head coach.

Mike Ditka's coaching resume with the Chicago Bears was more impressive than Payton's and Reid's with their first teams. Same is true regarding Tom Flores with the Raiders. I bet if this were the 1993 offseason, when Ditka was done with the Bears, you would be all about hiring him. Same with Flores during the 1988 offseason, when he was done with the Raiders.

Other than a "slightly better resume" than Andy Reid's in the 2013 offseason, I'm interested to learn why you and others are making Sean Payton out to be this coaching legend who will take the Chargers to at least one Super Bowl title.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

"Reverse Pollyana."
                    That's approved.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Not sure you can find me a post where I'm 100% in on Payton. His name has been thrown around here a lot, but there's probably a slim to none chance that we hire the guy. Plus I don't like giving away high draft picks.

But ONE Super Bowl is more than the Chargers have won...in almost 60 years. And when was the last time the Chargers were in the playoffs 9 out of 15 years?
                      I want more than what I believe Sean Payton can bring to the Chargers.I want multiple championships over a ten-year period.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Hard to believe Harbaugh would rather go to Arizona and Kyler Murray over the Chargers and Herbert.
                        Speculation about Jim Harbaugh potentially returning to the NFL is back and the Arizona Cardinals are included in that speculation.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

That right he has been nominated to go to hall of fame. Not in yet. But I think having the postseason record for sacks will get him in. So....I'll call him a future hall of famer.

I know it's hard for Chargers fans to admit what Rivers couldn't do. Rivers was easily the best QB in the AFC West but didn't dominate a division he should have. When you have a hall of fame RB and TE and can't even get to a super bowl that says something to me about your ability to play your best football in the biggest games. The low TDs and high TO in post season doesn't get you very far. He often tried to do too much causing delay of games or allowing opponents to time the snap easily. Force the rock into coverage. He was a gunslinger and tough as can be. But he fell flat on his face too many times in big moments. It is what it is. Same for Fouts. Just way too many turnovers in the playoffs to overcome.

you asked me why Rivers or Fouts never made the Superbowl.
                          It's not my fault you dont like the answer.

I was pointing out that those HC had really good talent at QB. 1st Rd worthy talent. Pro bowl QBs. All of them. So it's not like they were just working with scrubs. Rivers never played as well as Simms did in his Superbowl run with 8TDs and 0TO.
                          I would imagine if Rivers went 8TDs and 0TO he would have won a Superbowl as well. He didn't.

I see you put these wins more on the coaching and I understand that. But I put ultimate success more on the players who are on the field, especially QBs in a QB driven league.
                          Rivers and Fouts didn't play for Bill Parcells with Bill Belichick as the defensive coordinator and an all-time great 1986 Giants defense that had the greatest defensive player in NFL history and gave up only 23 points in the postseason to Bill Walsh and Joe Montana, Joe Gibbs, and John Elway.

Simms did have eight touchdown passes and no interceptions during that 1986 posteason, but four of the touchdown passes came in a game he was 9-19 for 136 yards, against the 49ers in the Divisonal Round. His running backs ran for 201 yards that day, Joe Morris with 159 of them. The following week, in the NFC Championship Game, Simms was 7-14 for 90 yards and a touchdown during the Giants' 17-0 win over Washington Yeah, he was great in the Super Bowl, but he threw only 25 passes in that game. He threw 58 passes that entire 1986 postseason. Rivers threw 51 passes in one playoff game.

I don't like your answer because you don't take into account that Simms wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with Norv Turner, Mike McCoy, or Anthony Lynn as his head coach.

Comment

Working...
                          X