• Show
Clear All
  • KrazyLegs
    Registered Dude
    • Sep 2018
    • Westminster, MA
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No other top 5 QB had a defense as bad as ours.
    No other coach with a bad defense had this much talent at his disposal.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by joebarnin View Post

I think it was a bad call, but to call it the worst in NFL history is ridiculous. I can think of two off the top of my head that were much worse:
      - Eagles/Giants in 1978, the Miracle at the Meadowlands, when the Giants OC called a running play instead of having the QB fall down, and they fumbled and Herm Edwards took it in for the winning TD.
      - Super Bowl XLIX when Pete Carroll threw the ball instead of giving it to Marshawn Lynch and basically cost his team the Super Bowl.

That’s without researching, I’m sure there are more. Today’s call was borderline bad, but not the worst.
      Both were conventional and neither were as bad IMO. This call handed the game to the Browns on a silver platter. Until they Chargered.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post
        People can’t be happy. They don’t like a conservative coach like Lynn yet they criticize a coach who is aggressive.

The analytics says go for it. What do you expect. Out the damn game away by going for it.
        We didn’t like a stupid coach like Lynn and we don’t like a stupid coach like Staley. Game day decisions count.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

We didn’t like a stupid coach like Lynn and we don’t like a stupid coach like Staley. Game day decisions count.
          Amazing how the Bolts seem to have a knack for hiring HC/s who consistently make bonehead blunder game decisions...Staley, Lynn, MM...

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What is about being 3-2, one game out first in the division, one game out of the conference lead, running for 200+ yards today, a red zone INT by a new starter at safety, and the emergence of a really good OL makes you so unhappy?
            Stupid coaching In crunch time.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

I love how some people on here are like, "People can't be happy," or "We could win the Super Bowl and people would be complaining," as if we've collected five Lombardi Trophies over the last 15 years and haven't wasted over a decade-and-a-half--in spite of possessing two great quarterbacks.

Have you people watched this team disappoint year in and year out, mostly because of bad coaching?

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                I love how some people on here are like, "People can't be happy," or "We could win the Super Bowl and people would be complaining," as if we've collected five Lombardi Trophies over the last 15 years and haven't wasted over a decade-and-a-half--in spite of possessing two great quarterbacks.

Have you people watched this team disappoint year in and year out, mostly because of bad coaching?
                Yes and the point is still valid. There are certain posters here who focus solely on the bad, which is certainly their prerogative. I am not a Pollyanna by any stretch but can't imagine living my life seemingly miserable about everything. But that is just me.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

The chance of completing a 4th and two is about 70%
                  If you get it, you win
                  If you don't get it, it's 10% the other team can not score.
                  And you win again.
                  Can we say we had 70% + 10% to win the game with that decision ?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yes and the point is still valid. There are certain posters here who focus solely on the bad, which is certainly their prerogative. I am not a Pollyanna by any stretch but can't imagine living my life seemingly miserable about everything. But that is just me.
                    I think you're overstating it by saying you "can't imagine living my life seemingly miserable about everything." I don't see anybody on here miserable about everything. They're justifiably tired of this organization's stupidity.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I think you're overstating it by saying you "can't imagine living my life seemingly miserable about everything." I don't see anybody on here miserable about everything. They're justifiably tired of this organization's stupidity.
                      Perhaps, I don't many of them personally. I can only go by what people post and for a few it's always negative or hyperbolic, not to mention repetitive.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        The chance of completing a 4th and two is about 70%
                        If you get it, you win
                        If you don't get it, it's 10% the other team can not score.
                        And you win again.
                        Can we say we had 70% + 10% to win the game with that decision ?
                        Disagree.

The chance of converting a 4th and 2 is about 40%. Even less if the D is willing to climb up the receiver’s ass and dare the officials to throw a flag.

If you don’t get it, 95% chance you lose.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• REH
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

It's a terrible call to go for it on 4th down in that situation. Staley can't get out of his own way. Great rushing attack today being the silver lining.

Comment

Working...
                          X