• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trumpet Man
    Dea Spanos my HERO
    • Dec 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Clueless Lynn did the same, and if getting to PO is goal for you then great....for you...

every team in this league has got injuries, well he let players do what they want so thats why he has not lost it.

Yes you are right... Instead use QB star rookie contract and maximize window by letting coach learn for 4 years.

how do you know his ceiling? Is this because how Brandon drinks coffee?

Again if PO are the goal for you and a successful season then I do understand where you coming from.

Btw PO argument is so piss poor - we have not beat legitimate team this year apart of Dolphins that were on the raise back then.

I am giving him a break as I expect nothing less than Bolts
    firing on all cylinders against Jax, dominate all aspects of the game, wining it in a way that we make the rest of the league thinking and afraid of facing us, anything less means we lost another 2 years from Herbert's rookie contract.

P.s. How bad an owner has to be by putting an albatross in hands of Lynn and Staley(Lombardi).
    Its the playoffs ...........

BTFU

& TAKE THE PAIN

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Yesterday his excuse was the players wanted to play so he let them. Now he’s blaming “front office”?

I was fuming throughout the 3 long quarters he kept the starters in the game. Now I’m even more disgusted with him because he’s not accepting responsibility and blaming others.
      I'm not sure what you do for a living, but I have several product teams under me and while decisions are ultimately mine, I regularly consult with my bosses and company executives before making them.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
        Chargers Hall of Fame
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        No winning here. They don't play starters and look flat against Jax and get criticized. They play starters and someone gets hurt and they get criticized.
        TG
        There IS winning here. You didn't mention the third alternative: They don't play the starters and look strong against Jax. Why does not playing the starters HAVE to equate to looking flat?

Comment

• Air Coryell
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2021
          • Carlsbad, CA
          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
          • Send PM

2022 #NFL Defenses (by PFF)

Top 5 1. #Jets 2. #49ers 3. #Eagles 4. #Vikings 5. #Chiefs

Bottom 5 28. #Chargers 29. #Lions 30. #Giants 31. #Texans 32. #Bears

Brought to you by coaching guru Staley. ​

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Per the NFL, the Chargers are #20 in total defense.

Top 10 pass defenses: #1Eagles #2Saints #3Jets #4Commanders #5Browns #6Packers #7Chargers #8Cowboys #9Bucs #10Texans

Brought to you by Staley.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

C'mon man !
              The Chargers are 7th against the pass.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

C'mon man !
                The Chargers are 7th against the pass.
                If you can never stop the run, why risk a pass? Not a line of scrimmage defense, which you need to be a championship team.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Well I really want the Chargers to win and make a good run in the playoffs however this year there are 2 big time coaches that could potentially be hired if we lose in the first round. That would be Jim Harbaugh and Sean Peyton. So if we get beat in the first round you have to ask your self would we be a better team with 1 of these 2 coaches on our team? The answer is pretty obvious if we get beat by the Jags, but again I prefer winning in the playoffs. Think about this question: What team has more talent than the Chargers right now that is in the playoffs? I'll answer that, no team does.

There is a rumor that Harbaugh would love to coach Herbert in Los Angeles, and we already know Peyton's position in regard to the Chargers! It just makes sense if we cant get out of the wild card round to go in a new direction, since again 1 of these 2 coaches could be had this season.

In regard to the SD fans that are living in the past in regard to the Chargers that love to point out we never hired a big time coach. Response get over it, we are in LA now and this is one of the largest markets in the world.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Its the playoffs ...........

BTFU

& TAKE THE PAIN

He’s right all this back and forth bullshit is pointless. The Chargers either nut up and make a run or shit goes nuclear ☢️

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Staley was supposed to be a guru on D and based on where we are ranked he clearly is not, so far but that could all change in the playoffs. If it doesn't the fact we are ranked so low is perfect grounds to go in a new direction.

Comment

• perryao
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Staley was supposed to be a guru on D and based on where we are ranked he clearly is not, so far but that could all change in the playoffs. If it doesn't the fact we are ranked so low is perfect grounds to go in a new direction.
                        It isn't going to happen. Get used to it.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

It isn't going to happen. Get used to it.
                          Staley needs to understand you can only ride Herbert's coat tails for so long, eventually you have to figure out how to stop the big plays, and have a D that puts constant pressure on the QB! So far Staley has looked pretty similar to Anthony Lynn and Mccoy! right down to their records and tenures here. If you watch KC and the Bills with their OC they really do put good game plans together and stretch the field and make the most out of what they have.

Comment

Working...
                          X