• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

And they went to 10 Super Bowls.....and to the AFC championship game most every year.

Belichick's Pats were a head and shoulder better team over the AFC most years during their Super Bowl run era.
    They were also situated in the weakest AFC division, so most all their playoff games went through foxborough.

It was a unique situation.....some of their best teams didn't win the Super Bowl
    Regardless of what we think of the Patriots' dynasty, I don't want a Jimmy Johnson with the Dolphins or Bill Parcells with the Cowboys situation.I can see that happening with Payton, who hasn't had nearly the same postseason success as those two, if he were our head coach.

Harbaugh coming back to the NFL would be a man on a mission. He would be hungrier than any other head coach for that Super Bowl victory. We would also be as tough of a football team as we were with Bobby Ross and Marty. He's exactly what we need.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

They are 5-3.
      And a pick 6 vs KC away from 6-2 and best record in AFC.
      Missing many important players and stil finding ways to win. Like a GW FG by a new kicker. Special team is much improved under this coach. The OL is improved. This is a good sign. It's only year 2. Winning with backups is a confidence builder for JH10.
      :larry:
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        They are 5-3.
        Missing many important players and stil finding ways to win. Like a GW FG by a new kicker. Special team is much improved under this coach. The OL is improved. This is a good sign. It's only year 2. Winning with backups is a confidence builder for JH10.
        This coach is so bad, we are winning despite him and losing because of him. We would be 10-0 right now with Payton because he would find a way to cheat in 2 more wins.
        We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

winning with backups will create great depth when the stars return.

Well done coach Staley.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            They are 5-3.
            Agree. No playmaker WRs , hardly a run game and we win.
            The run defense is still awful. Falcons run for 201. Really need to fix that. Too much talent on defense to be that awful.

Imo Murray needs to be upgraded. Great to see Spiller get some carries and he looked good. Always going forward and picked up pass blockers well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

This coach is so bad, we are winning despite him and losing because of him. We would be 10-0 right now with Payton because he would find a way to cheat in 2 more wins.
              We Are Doomed Reaction GIF
              Not sure we would be 10-0 with Payton but since his play calling would be different than Lombardi's, I'd think we would be more agressive.
              All I know is with Lynn we probably lose this game.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not sure we would be 10-0 with Payton but since his play calling would be different than Lombardi's, I'd think we would be more agressive.
                If Sean Payton could have coached this team to a 10-0 record after only playing 8 games, well, THAT'S the guy I want coaching the Chargers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

If Sean Payton could have coached this team to a 10-0 record after only playing 8 games, well, THAT'S the guy I want coaching the Chargers.
                  :chuckle: Good catch. I guess the other guy meant 8-0

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lombardi would be Payton’s offensive coordinator, he was on his staff. This is Payton’s offense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Lombardi would be Payton’s offensive coordinator, he was on his staff. This is Payton’s offense.
                      Lombo was his QBs coach. The guy that is the OC for the Saints now was Payton's OC. And Payton called the plays himself. It's a situation like KC where Bieniemi is the OC but Reid calls the plays. So I would expect Payton to do that here as well.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I have to admit that was a good win. The run D is NON-EXISTANT. I have NO IDEA why the falcons didnt just keep running the ball cuz the bolts couldnt run D was a sieve with GIANT holes. I bet if the Falcons kept running they woulda bludgeoned the D into submission and wouldve won. But 5-3 beats being even steven.
                        Oh and I didnt even watch the first qtr and the 2nd qtr til they scored their 1st TD.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

We were outrushed 201-91. Khalil Mack's strip, Justin Herbert's fantastic performance, and the good fortune after we nearly fumbled away the game-winning drive turned out to be the difference. It also didn't hurt that we played a backup quarterback who completed 12 of 23 for 129 yards.

The 49ers will destroy us if we play like we did today.

Comment

Working...
                          X