• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Well they could not do even vanilla when it matter most. So we'll just have to disagree on the importance of more practice and getting more reps vs competition by playing pre season games. I would have played my starters until the half in 1 pre-season game and played them until the half, plus 1 series of 3rd quarter in another game. I think the reps help get more comfortable. Better vanilla at the very least. Like play without fouling on defense. Very vanilla stuff. Execute the pass block reps to give Herbert time. More vanilla football that works.

​​​​​
    Til one gets hurt and you are slammed by the media and fans..... and you lose a top player or two. You can't win either way lol.
    And that's too much action in preseason imo. Two halves of 2 games...plus a series in quarter 3?
    What starting QB , hec starting offense played that much in preseason this year?

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

I just wanted to express a few things before I crawl into my little ball of sadness after this loss.
      I liked our defensive strategy today, I liked the adjustments and I liked the discipline until the drive where we had a bunch of flags.
      The refs made Staleys performance hard to evaluate but ultimately I don't put todays L on staley, I put it on veteran players like Davis that should know better.
      and I especially put this on the 4th quarter offense as a whole, even though I have much more patience due to Moore being new.
      I liked how Staley managed Bosa's snap count and I loved how we were able to slow Henry down many times before gang tackling him.
      I'm not ready to say Staley is "good enough" but I suspect he is and currently am leaning towards it being a mistake to fire him and start over.
      If the plan is Moore as interim I'm definitely not down for that until he proves his offense to be clutch.
      I wish I was more sure one way or another but am going to have to settle for ambivalence.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        I saw this on Twitter, no idea if its true or just another kook with a keyboard

image.png​
        Wow if true...but not unexpected if we continue to lay an egg!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

LOL Staley getting testier and testier in press conferences while he is being grinded, led by Popper!!

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            I just wanted to express a few things before I crawl into my little ball of sadness after this loss.
            I liked our defensive strategy today, I liked the adjustments and I liked the discipline until the drive where we had a bunch of flags.
            The refs made Staleys performance hard to evaluate but ultimately I don't put todays L on staley, I put it on veteran players like Davis that should know better.
            and I especially put this on the 4th quarter offense as a whole, even though I have much more patience due to Moore being new.
            I liked how Staley managed Bosa's snap count and I loved how we were able to slow Henry down many times before gang tackling him.
            I'm not ready to say Staley is "good enough" but I suspect he is and currently am leaning towards it being a mistake to fire him and start over.
            If the plan is Moore as interim I'm definitely not down for that until he proves his offense to be clutch.
            I wish I was more sure one way or another but am going to have to settle for ambivalence.

I can understand how you’d have a hard time evaluating Staley’s game today as a DC. What you shouldn’t have a hard time evaluating, is the discipline this team does not have. And that also falls on your HC. If it’s not one thing with Staley, it’s another.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Wow if true...but not unexpected if we continue to lay an egg!
              A very big if. Too much fake news these days. And Team Spanos has never really been known to be particularly aggressive about things like this.

However, if we do choke away the next two games, it would be hard to argue that decision.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

30 years of the same family and it's getting worse.

Spanos.png
                Garbage bags over their heads would be more appropriate.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Til one gets hurt and you are slammed by the media and fans..... and you lose a top player or two. You can't win either way lol.
                  And that's too much action in preseason imo. Two halves of 2 games...plus a series in quarter 3?
                  What starting QB , hec starting offense played that much in preseason this year?
                  I'm not concerned with media or fans. I'm concerned with the team being prepared to play well. I want my starters to play live reps and be physical. I want them getting comfortable and ready to get after it. I'm not concerned with other people opinion about the team. I want them ready. I also feel like they will be less likely to get injured because of the reps. My concern is they didn't get any extra physically play and will feel the full force of football in game 1 of regular season. I want them physically prepared by putting them in the ring for an exhibition match or two before the true boxing match that counts Vs or no I'm scared my gladiator might get hurt in exhibition. I need to be smart or the mob will boo me.

Your not wrong. Just different view than mine.

​​
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                    LOL Staley getting testier and testier in press conferences while he is being grinded, led by Popper!!
                    Good. Popper should put him on the hot seat.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2018
                      • Balboa Park bench
                      • Medical Simulation
                      • Send PM

I don't buy that they don't think of the Jags game... I think that game changed the team and destroyed whatever confidence they had in Staley.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Dolphins score on 1st two possession vs Belicheck. Up 10-0.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm not concerned with media or fans. I'm concerned with the team being prepared to play well. I want my starters to play live reps and be physical. I want them getting comfortable and ready to get after it. I'm not concerned with other people opinion about the team. I want them ready. I also feel like they will be less likely to get injured because of the reps. My concern is they didn't get any extra physically play and will feel the full force of football in game 1 of regular season. I want them physically prepared by putting them in the ring for an exhibition match or two before the true boxing match that counts Vs or no I'm scared my gladiator might get hurt in exhibition. I need to be smart or the mob will boo me.

Your not wrong. Just different view than mine.

​​
                          You should be to a degree... In the world of social media and cancel culture, it matters just a bit. Especially with this team that tries so hard to innovate with its marketing on social media.

Comment

Working...
                          X