First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electricgold
    replied
    Originally posted by Baobao View Post
    I think Staley is a decent coach with a lot of potential. I like his aggressiveness and general demeanor. The problem with this team is not bad coaching, lack of talent or injuries. It is all mental. Staley knows it and even mentioned it when he was first hired. The problem is "waiting for the other shoe to drop", or chargering. Every time things are going well, the players subconsciously think "what's going to happen to mess us up". Until someone can eradicate that mentality, this team is doomed to fail.
    Yep however the mental aspect of the game is a direct extension of your HC! The players lean on the HC to get them over the hump during these games and sorry to say Staley just doesn't have it! He's proven at these press conferences that he is phoney and he's nice and calls everyone by name when they win, however when things are not going well he snaps and throws players under the bus! The only two candidates to be the next HC here should be Harbaugh 1 and BB 1a! If the Spanos don't want to pay a fair price for one of these individuals it's time to sell to Amazon period explanation point!

Leave a comment:

• Baobao
    replied
    I think Staley is a decent coach with a lot of potential. I like his aggressiveness and general demeanor. The problem with this team is not bad coaching, lack of talent or injuries. It is all mental. Staley knows it and even mentioned it when he was first hired. The problem is "waiting for the other shoe to drop", or chargering. Every time things are going well, the players subconsciously think "what's going to happen to mess us up". Until someone can eradicate that mentality, this team is doomed to fail.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied
    Originally posted by Critty View Post

I don't need anyone to like it.
    I know I'm way out on limb with unconventional take.
    But I was also out on limb asking are we sure firing Lynn will make things better. And also the take of Telesco should be fired with Lynn. Not the conventional take by many fans who blamed HC Lynn and thought talent was Superbowl caliber by Telesco and it was Lynn that screwed it up. And I was out on limb wanting to move on from Rivers and draft Lamar Jackson. Got roasted for that one. Wanted to trade Bosa and Williams last off season as well because availability is the best ability. Many were down on that take too So....being a bit out there is what I do. If I don't like a coach then I say it. I didn't like Norv as HC but his place kicker punked Rivers and him in post season when they went 13-3. I soured on McCoy, but thought Lynn did a good job transition to LA and to new QB so I would have kept him and his staff another year. I think Telesco should be fired 5 years ago when he didn't draft Lamar Jackson and replace Rivers. It wasn't a popular opinion either. I like what Brandon has done so far. Of course I don't like this year record. And don't like pass defense has struggled. Samuel Jr has been his best CB for 3 years. So for me he needs better talent and play from his CBs. And I think he should shop for his own groceries since I've soured on Telesco half a decade ago. Fans are hoping it Harbaugh or some big name. And I would certainly dump Telesco and Staley for Harbaugh. But It is unlikely. I do think if a new GM is hired then he should hire his own coach so Staley should be gone. But I'd rather keep Staley another year. And if fans need a scapegoat for lack of success. Telesco is beyond due to be fired for lack of success. So fire Telesco and give Staley 1 more year as GM/HC. Unconventional or as you call it hideous. It won't happen anyway. But I'm not so sure Staley or Telesco gets fired. I think Johnny Spanos likes working with these guys.
    We have a defensive coach who hasn’t been able to get the defense to play well in 3 straight years. That’s a damning indictment. I also think you’re underestimating Staley’s hand in bringing guys he wants. Certainly on the defensive side of the ball he’s done that with SJD, Fox, Mack, Kendricks and probably JCJ. It just hasn’t worked. He had Derwin James in his prime and neutered him. Enough

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Peace, Critty, We don't agree on a whole lot but I do respect the fact that you stick to your guns. I do agree that Telesco is a large reason we are in this mess.
    I've also agreed TT should go for the last 3 or 4 years. I just don't find it mutually exclusive to the Staley decision. I see fundamental flaws in his defense implementation and he is steadfast that it is not his design nor his implementation or teaching so I cannot see a way to expect it to fundamentally change in the future. This realization actually was a bit sad for me. His defense has been bottom of league for his entire 3 years and his intransigence is disqualifying.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If you were there you know that Beckham is a shadow of his former self, Bateman didn’t do much and I don’t think Agholar had a single catch. They were missing their #1 weapon in passing game in the TE. Flowers hurt us but that’s about it. Lamar wasn’t running wild. Their shifty back hurt us.

what killed us is turnovers and OL breakdowns. That’s it.
    a defensive collapse on their last drive to seal the win didn't help. I agree the defense played generally well for most of the game. And we can point to a handful of other games where the defense did play well. Unfortunately we can point to many more games where they shit the bed. #32 in total yards allowed is what it is. #32 in pass defense is what it is. a single game can't overcome the big picture of what it is. This is the 3rd year of very bad defense for HC hired as a defensive guru. Sometimes guys just fail to execute, the are playing against other pros that also get paid for being excellent. But we also see time and time again mass confusion of players causes the lapses.

Mass confusion is the coach, he didn't inherit a squad of learning disabled athletes. They are normal athletes operating at the worst level of understanding of how to execute the defensive plays of any team in the league. I held out hope he would grow and learn longer than almost everyone here - I think we were down to about 4 remaining supporters when I finally threw in the towel on him. He is adamant, defiant that it is not his design and not his teaching. a 4th year is not needed to complete this assessment.

The OL play and Moore's failure to effectively counter the pressure that is obviously coming and has been the critical factor in every loss so far at the end of games is certainly a contributor too. I'm not sold on Moore.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    For the record Critty, dont necessarily agree with your outside the box takes in that last post...but at least your not posting them 30 times a day, in every single thread, sometimes completely out of context, and unrelated to the discussion, lol...thanks for that, at least.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied

But I was also out on limb asking are we sure firing Lynn will make things better. And also the take of Telesco should be fired with Lynn. Not the conventional take by many fans who blamed HC Lynn and thought talent was Superbowl caliber by Telesco and it was Lynn that screwed it up. And I was out on limb wanting to move on from Rivers and draft Lamar Jackson. Got roasted for that one. Wanted to trade Bosa and Williams last off season as well because availability is the best ability. Many were down on that take too So....being a bit out there is what I do. If I don't like a coach then I say it. I didn't like Norv as HC but his place kicker punked Rivers and him in post season when they went 13-3. I soured on McCoy, but thought Lynn did a good job transition to LA and to new QB so I would have kept him and his staff another year. I think Telesco should be fired 5 years ago when he didn't draft Lamar Jackson and replace Rivers. It wasn't a popular opinion either. I like what Brandon has done so far. Of course I don't like this year record. And don't like pass defense has struggled. Samuel Jr has been his best CB for 3 years. So for me he needs better talent and play from his CBs. And I think he should shop for his own groceries since I've soured on Telesco half a decade ago. Fans are hoping it Harbaugh or some big name. And I would certainly dump Telesco and Staley for Harbaugh. But It is unlikely. I do think if a new GM is hired then he should hire his own coach so Staley should be gone. But I'd rather keep Staley another year. And if fans need a scapegoat for lack of success. Telesco is beyond due to be fired for lack of success. So fire Telesco and give Staley 1 more year as GM/HC. Unconventional or as you call it hideous. It won't happen anyway. But I'm not so sure Staley or Telesco gets fired. I think Johnny Spanos likes working with these guys.
    Well...interesting takes...but forget about Jackson...there might be a couple of staffs that could have success with him...he was lucky enough to land with one of them...he is probably not half as good most anywhere else he would have landed.

I dont blame Staley for most of our issues...but he is ultimately responsible for the final product, and sometimes you just gotta reset. Fire TT and retain Staley only seems appropriate if his replacement is just another version of him...the hottest up and coming coordinator with no HC experience, and recently promoted coordinators. In that case, if he still has the locker room, I could see it...but would like to see experienced HC, who brings a seasoned or well vetted staff with them.

Leave a comment:

• AFboltfan
    replied
    Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I don't think you were proven right by saying firing Lynn won't make things better or that we needed to move on by getting rid of Rivers and drafting Lamar Jackson. Firing Lynn was the correct decision. Replacing him with Brandon Staley was the wrong solution. As far as replacing Rivers with Jackson goes, I'm really glad that didn't happen.
    Exactly, Staley being a bad hire doesn't automatically make Lynn a good one.

Leave a comment:

• DerwinBosa
    replied

I don't think you were proven right by saying firing Lynn won't make things better or that we needed to move on by getting rid of Rivers and drafting Lamar Jackson. Firing Lynn was the correct decision. Replacing him with Brandon Staley was the wrong solution. As far as replacing Rivers with Jackson goes, I'm really glad that didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• OG619FrightninLightnin
    replied
    I can't recall a team ever firing a GM and not the HC(?)

Leave a comment:

• Berserker76
    replied

Peace, Critty, We don't agree on a whole lot but I do respect the fact that you stick to your guns. I do agree that Telesco is a large reason we are in this mess.

Leave a comment:

• Critty
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Critty really doubling down on a hideous take to begin with

Leave a comment:

Working...
X