• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. Yesterday was almost like a reprieve of a week and with the Raiders looming ahead - should be back to .500

that said - with this defense, going to be hard to get to 10 wins

if thats the case
    Harbaugh
    Quinn
    Schwartz

Considering how bad the defense has been during his tenure combined with some questionable game mgmt. and roster mgmt. decisions. I think the team has to overcome the equivalent of about 2-3 losses a year due to their coach.

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

At this point it would be almost criminal to not even TRY to lure him here.

This team deserves a legitimate HC to see what they're capable of with proper coaching, discipline and a culture of winning.

Worst case scenario - Harbaugh fizzles out after 3-4 years but we are likely infinitely more competitive with him at the helm and probably get consistently deeper into the playoffs than at any other point in franchise history.

Does it add up to a championship? I don't know. But the trophy case is empty anyway so what do we have to lose?
      They deserve it because they have to get Herbert into the best possible position to win a SB in the next 4 years.
      It’s freaking criminal to not give this kid a real HC….

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

As I recall Belichick did try it for awhile..but realized it's not good. He does not do it anymore. He "tried" it.

Staley on the other-hand...he thinks in terms of social media hits/views. Actually...I am not sure what he thinks...we have a child in charge of men.
        Belichick was doing a lot of unconventional, cutting edge stuff back then ... a few things didn't work.

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

They deserve it because they have to get Herbert into the best possible position to win a SB in the next 4 years.
          It’s freaking criminal to not give this kid a real HC….
          Guy has the best rookie season since Dan Marino behind a shoddy line and they decide it's a bright idea to hire a rookie Defensive coach with no prior HC experience at any level and only one year of experience as a DC. Then give him an OC that for 2 years was an awful mismatch along with a bad defense.

It's been a comedy of errors but at least the Moore hire makes some sense so hopefully he will thrive this year.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Staley has become the butt of jokes for every sports talk show host on the planet.

If he starts winning, i guess it doesn't matter.

Comment

• rensoul
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
              Staley has become the butt of jokes for every sports talk show host on the planet.

If he starts winning, i guess it doesn't matter.
              I don't think the jokes stop until the Chargers start winning in the playoffs and the team fields a top 10 defense.
              Part of why there's so many jokes about him is the defense has been so bad that it's obvious Herbert and the offense has carried this team during his tenure.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

I don't think the jokes stop until the Chargers start winning in the playoffs and the team fields a top 10 defense.
                Part of why there's so many jokes about him is the defense has been so bad that it's obvious Herbert and the offense has carried this team during his tenure.
                Winning will cure everything . . . . . . . . . . even my skepticism (and of course - earn me a new avatar)

Not really feeling the heat yet though Bnut . . . . . . . . how about you?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

There is a lot of Harbaugh talk but I’ll throw another name out there. It would be a rookie HC hire, but this coach has already coached here and when he did, he made a difference and a lot of us were bummed when he left after 1 year.

Frank Smith

He’s been in that high powered Miami scheme for 2 years now as the OC. Even though he doesn’t call the plays, he’s very much involved in the game planning. An OL and TEs coach in the past, so you know he will invest in the Oline and probably Dline, along with speed. Because he sees what speed can do to defenses.

Thought I might throw that idea out there. I know how much fans liked him the year he was here and bummed when he was gone.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                    There is a lot of Harbaugh talk but I’ll throw another name out there. It would be a rookie HC hire, but this coach has already coached here and when he did, he made a difference and a lot of us were bummed when he left after 1 year.

Frank Smith

He’s been in that high powered Miami scheme for 2 years now as the OC. Even though he doesn’t call the plays, he’s very much involved in the game planning. An OL and TEs coach in the past, so you know he will invest in the Oline and probably Dline, along with speed. Because he sees what speed can do to defenses.

Thought I might throw that idea out there. I know how much fans liked him the year he was here and bummed when he was gone.
                    Good name and perfect for the Spanii - a cheap first time head coach. I personally do not think the Chargers can go first time head coach again with Justin Herbert

I personally think with the spanii in the building, they need somebody with a strong enough personality that hte Spanii might cede a bit of power to that person

I mention Quinn and Schwartz as they are second time head coaches and I don't consider them re-treads. But the team needs a personality like Harbaugh as the Spanii might STFU and STFO - which is truly what needs to happen.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

If they go for a first time coach, it will be Moore.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

If they go for a first time head coach again they should be forced to sell the team

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Could we please get ratio of at least 1 decent coach per 2 HOF QBs

Comment

Working...
                          X