• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Does anyone honestly believe Staley will actually be fired.

Wishful thinking yes.

Reality no.
    Spanos didn't fire Lynn until after his 4th year. What makes people think they're going to fire Staley? Especially after reasons and understanding of why they won't? People are just wasting their times.
    ​
    We're capable of winning the next 3 games. The team could beat the Jets and Lions, and people will still find fault with things about the Chargers.

Yeah, Staley has done things to frustrate the fanbase. Him not having a real DC is proving to be a downfall of his. One thing I do wish is for Staley to let go of that ego.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

He's limited... at best. Lost to the Raiders... not so good.
      He didn't lose to the Raiders, NE lost. Look at NE's record before he got there. He limited D. Adams to a couple catches.
      Shut down Buffalo WRs and NE won that game. He's playing at a high level. Staley's stupid scheme didn't take advantage of his
      skills. You can't let these elite WRs run the routes by playing them 12 yards off the LOS with the safeties no where to be seen.
      It's the most asinine scheme for DBs ever.

And we didn't do so well against the Raiders. Only a last minute interception at the goal line saved Staley from disaster and
      their starting QB didn't even play.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

"Staley's guys" are just fine. Mack, SJD, Kendricks, Fox, ASJ, and Tuli come to play every Sunday. They don't seem to be confused at all.
        Others need to drop their microphones, pick up a pen, and take some notes. The final is on Sunday... every Sunday from here on out.
        Jackson, Joseph-Day, Johnson all brought in by Staley. Jackson is already gone. J-Day and Johnson next to nothing. Tell me more about
        the defensive guru that can't even admit his D is big time failure.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Jackson, Joseph-Day, Johnson all brought in by Staley. Jackson is already gone. J-Day and Johnson next to nothing. Tell me more about
          the defensive guru that can't even admit his D is big time failure.
          Outch !

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Spanos didn't fire Lynn until after his 4th year. What makes people think they're going to fire Staley? Especially after reasons and understanding of why they won't? People are just wasting their times.
            ​
            We're capable of winning the next 3 games. The team could beat the Jets and Lions, and people will still find fault with things about the Chargers.

Yeah, Staley has done things to frustrate the fanbase. Him not having a real DC is proving to be a downfall of his. One thing I do wish is for Staley to let go of that ego.
            Unless Herbert does a nose dive, Staley stays to the end of the season.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

​

Because it is the last year of his contract. They extended Lynn before his 4th season. They do not like lame duck coaches.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I only listed 6 players from the defense. I could include offensive players, too.
                I guess the only other thing we'd have to do is agree upon is a grading scale.
                PFF gives Kendricks a 70.5 grade and Khalil Mack an 86.9 grade.
                Nobody likes PFF... until it suits their argument.
                However, the Chargers are tied for 13th (3.9 ypc) for rushing defense. So I suspect "many" might be under-estimating Kendricks effect on defense.

6 defensive starters is actually pretty good. Especially when you start comparing them to Gusly's hold overs.
                Bosa: 68.6
                Derwin: 55.4
                K9: 54.1
                Vato: 46.3

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

hence it should be John Boy making the call - but again, he is too busy thinking of the next anime release schedule so he can throw shade at Mina Kimes again
                  jonboy took shots at Mina Kimes? someone who knows nothing about football tried to throw shade at Mina Kimes who knows more football than he does? pot, here is kettle..

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Because it is the last year of his contract. They extended Lynn before his 4th season. They do not like lame duck coaches.
                    Is it? Others had posted a while back it was a 4 year contract.

if that’s the case, he’ll be around until mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

jonboy took shots at Mina Kimes? someone who knows nothing about football tried to throw shade at Mina Kimes who knows more football than he does? pot, here is kettle..
                      I think you might be giving her too much credit lol. Not that he deserves any.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think you might be giving her too much credit lol. Not that he deserves any.
                        Maybe the bar is low at ESPN but I think Kimes is one of their better "analysts"

That said, the bar is pretty low as most of the analysts on ESPN and NFLN are pretty horrible

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Maybe the bar is low at ESPN but I think Kimes is one of their better "analysts"

That said, the bar is pretty low as most of the analysts on ESPN and NFLN are pretty horrible
                          I think Mina Kimes is pretty sharp, as you say better than many of the guys on there

Comment

Working...
                          X