• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Harbaugh is the obvious choice. He checks all the boxes.
    I would chip in for a gift card for him to buy either 1) khaki dockers 2) sweatshirts he can tuck into said dockers

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

it wont for this spandex ownership. he seems too strong-willed/strong-minded for the meak spandex and their ilk to swallow. they cant have a coach voice their strong opinions on how suckass their decisions have been and how their nepotism has gotten them NOTHING so far besides loss of fans.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        This Myers guy obviously doesn't know anything about Spanish lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Have Harbaugh and BB forgotten more about football than Nick Sirianni knows?
          Norv Turner has deep football knowledge from years of experience and is one of the most successful head coaches in Chargers history.
          Was it a mistake for the Eagles to hire Sirianni because he has less experience?
          Norv Turner was a bad HC everywhere he went. Yes even here. AGAIN. ...he was handed a Ferrari, by his own admission and drive it around ok til he had to figure out how to use it to it's full extent and he ran into a loser.

I don't give a rats ass if he has a winning record with the Chargers.

AJ and Marty built that team, Marty molded that team. Norv did not.

Not every first time HC is a failure. Dean and JohnBoy just don't know how to find them or pay them enough to take the job.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-16-2023, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Lol! Hardly. Besides being somewhat of a weirdo, his departure from the 49ers wasn’t a mutual parting of the ways (his own statement). He clashed with their organization to where the relationship finally broke and he was essentially fired (again in his own words). Ask yourself how in hell would this organization ever hire him? There’s more to a HC hire than are drempt of in your philosophy and a win-loss record. So…keep on wishing. It ain’t happening.

Also keep this in mind. Harbaugh wants to clear his name with regards to recent allegations against him. Knowledgeable legal analysts expect him to delay judgment on him for up to two years. During which time the NFL most likely will prevent his being hired as a HC.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Yes even here. AGAIN. ...he was handed. Ferrari , by his own admission and drive it around 9k til he had to figure out how to use it to it's full extent and he ran into a loser.
              He didn't make personnel decisions, AJ Smith did. You know that. AJ gave him the ingredients, Norv's job was to cook with them. And Norv did cook for a number of seasons. The recipes went bad when AJ Smith started giving him lousy ingredients.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Lol! Hardly. Besides being somewhat of a weirdo, his departure from the 49ers wasn’t a mutual parting of the ways (his own statement). He clashed with their organization to where the relationship finally broke and he was essentially fired (again in his own words). Ask yourself how in hell would this organization ever hire him? There’s more to a HC hire than are drempt of in your philosophy and a win-loss record. So…keep on wishing. It ain’t happening.

Also keep this in mind. Harbaugh wants to clear his name with regards to recent allegations against him. Knowledgeable legal analysts expect him to delay judgment on him for up to two years. During which time the NFL most likely will prevent his being hired as a HC.
                There really isn't anything other than a W-L record
                Now Staly has a decent winning percentage - over .500
                Telesco is under .500, no divisions

Harbaugh wins everywhere he goes - what more do you want from a head ball coach?

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                  Harbaugh wins everywhere he goes - what more do you want from a head ball coach?
                  Someone who’s not a flake. He is, in my opinion. Prejudiced? So what.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I'd take Harbaugh, though I'd expect him to somehow blow it up in 3 years
                    I'd take Belly, though I'd expect him to burn out in 3 years
                    I'd take one of the up and coming Coordinators that show a HC-type of fire and toughness and have demonstrated they can develop players on their side of the ball, not just nerdy XO analytics bullshit

I'd live with Quinn and see if his downfall was due to a shit roster (I have no idea but its not like they bounced back after dumping him)

Its wide open for me.

But Staley is starting a 5 game win streak on Sunday, playoff run, and will be back to haunt all of your nightmares for another year.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Ask yourselves if the Spanos’ are this type of owners who put up with his kind…after reading this:
                      the 49ers and Harbaugh parted ways due to disagreements between Baalke and Harbaugh about the power hierarchy of the team and the management of the organization​..” (was fired!)

Answer? Nope! The Spanos’ aren’t the type of owner who’ll put up with that from a HC. Mind you, not a GM, but a fricking HC!!!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I agree the danger of Harbaugh blowing it up in three years is real and it has always been part of my hesitation with him. However.....

1. He has had a really solid, stable run in Michigan for 9 years (alleged rules violations not withstanding)
                        2. I would take a superbowl win and really great team during those three years in return for him blowing things up.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

I prefer my HC’s being from planet earth, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X