• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Yes. The 3rd 18 dump off pass to Jacobs through multiple tacklers after another big sack sort of embodies this defense.

TG
    If you've got a guy getting 6-7 sacks you should be shutting that team down in a blowout.

Staley is like the Dr Evil of football: Ties you up, tells you his plans of world dominance, then lets you off the hook by not watching your demise to sharks with lasers.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Staley is WAY over his head. Everyone here knows it and the few talking heads that follow us know it. He was a terrible hire, especially with a young JH#10 on board.
      Count me out.
      Staley is improving the defense and himself as a headcoach.
      He is able to work with ownership and Telesco to build this team through culture and accountability as evidence by trading JCJ and cutting Tillery last year.
      He is focusing on building this team and not what fans or talking heads are saying. He has the perfect temperament to go with a hyper aggresive identity needed to beat KC.

I realize this isn't a popular opinion today, or in this atmosphere but if we change course after this offseason, we are going to take a step back and not have as good a chance to win superbowl(s).
      The wise thing to do is stay the course.
      the caveat I will say is perhaps a unique opportunity to jump on a winning, available coach like Harbaugh but imho---

This is going to work!!
      Staley is going to continue to build the defense into an elite unit while Herbo will develop into a system into himself ala Peyton Manning.
      I hope we extend Staley and Telesco for the next 3 years.
      It takes time and work but imo Staley is our guy, regardless of how frustrated we may be as a fan base.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Third year and this defense looks ass Still.This year best be a deep run in the playoffs or GOODBYE TT and BS.

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Count me out.
          He is able to work with ownership and Telesco to build this team through culture and accountability as evidence by trading JCJ and cutting Tillery last year.
          He is focusing on building this team and not what fans or talking heads are saying. He has the perfect temperament to go with a hyper aggresive identity needed to beat KC.

I realize this isn't a popular opinion today, or in this atmosphere but if we change course after this offseason, we are going to take a step back and not have as good a chance to win superbowl(s).
          the caveat I will say is perhaps a unique opportunity to jump on a winning, available coach like Harbaugh but imho---

This is going to work!!
          Staley is going to continue to build the defense into an elite unit while Herbo will develop into a system into himself ala Peyton Manning.
          It takes time and work but imo Staley is our guy, regardless of how frustrated we may be as a fan base.
          The defense is 27th in the league in PPG given up. It currently has the most expensive defensive roster in the league thanks to Herbert's rookie contract.

So when can we expect to see this elite unit?
          Well, at least the HC can "express himself," in "his story," of personal development if it doesn't work out.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Count me out.

This is going to work!!
            Next 2 games will be very telling. Staley is basically batting .000 facing experienced head coaches who have been successful. Now he faces McCarthy and Reid in consecutive weeks. Would be a good time to get that monkey off his back

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Bottom line is wins and loss.

The year before Staley they ended with a losing record.

Brandon has yet to finish with a losing record and it's only 4 games into year 3.

The last thing my mind is firing the HC regardless if they could or should have maybe got wins they didn't happen. JH10 is in a new system again. Staley defense has been up and down. But made enough plays to give offense a chance to close. Special has been pretty good.

They would have to be horrible the remainder of year for me to think fire the HC.
              ​​​​
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Brandon has yet to finish with a losing record and it's only 4 games into year 3.

The last thing my mind is firing the HC regardless if they could or should have maybe got wins they didn't happen. JH10 is in a new system again. Staley defense has been up and down. But made enough plays to give offense a chance to close. Special has been pretty good.

They would have to be horrible the remainder of year for me to think fire the HC.
                ​​​​
                You’re consistent. I remember you making similar arguments on Lynn’s behalf.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You’re consistent. I remember you making similar arguments on Lynn’s behalf.
                  I hate to say it, but i reckon Lynn + Steichen would have made alot of noise deep into the playoffs. Those deep bombs have not been seen since

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Its happening already - -the hot young coordinator - Dave Canales after 4 games with Tampa is "sure to be on teh short list after the season."

Based on four games. Thats how you get a guy like Staley - -not enough experience. He can talk it - but can't teach it

I see all the lists about what makes a good head coach. Motivator, Communicator, Organized, blah blah blah. I think its first and foremost, teacher

Can you help the players get better at their craft?

Marty Schottenheimer was a teacher of football.
                    Bill Walsh - very innovative but my guess, he was a teacher of football
                    Hoodie - teacher first.
                    I remember Bill Walsh talking about good coaches being "teachers and technicians."
                    Not certain what the technician part was.

I'm sure Staley has gobbled up every Bill Walsh book and video .... Walsh had a lot to say.
                    Staley can quote whole passages verbatim.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

​​​​
                      The 2020 roster and this one are pretty much equal?

I'm very troubled Critty by more of the same starting off year 3.
                      The same bad losses and narrow wins against crap teams.

Very soon, there will be an ugly blow out that will send this board into chaos.
                      Some here will enjoy that time very much.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I'm very troubled Critty by more of the same starting off year 3.
                        The same bad losses and narrow wins against crap teams.

Very soon, there will be an ugly blow out that will send this board into chaos.
                        Some here will enjoy that time very much.
                        The way I look at it...I'd prefer to hire a HC and let him be here 10 plus years. If your constantly replacing coaching then you have no clue what you're doing at the ownership and gm level. Telesco cannot survive another HC firing. I thought he should have went with Lynn. I thought Lynn did well because he navigate the SD to LA and Rivers to Herbert transition really well. I will say Staley has did way better at special teams than Lynn. And that matters. I was happy with Staley hire, I thought he had talent to get things done. I'm not disappointed yet. I see progress with his program.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Next 2 games will be very telling. Staley is basically batting .000 facing experienced head coaches who have been successful. Now he faces McCarthy and Reid in consecutive weeks. Would be a good time to get that monkey off his back
                          100%
                          pressure is on and rightfully so.
                          I expect to be competative in both games and winning at least 1.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X