• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    If there is a coaching change, I want that change to be good for Herbert. And the best thing for Herbert is not to blow everything up and start over again. Herbert doesn't need that. The offense doesn't need to be blown up. Also, special teams doesn't need to be blown up. So, again, IMO the best thing for Herbert is:

Kellen Moore HC
    A really strong DC - Bears HC Matt Eberflus would be ideal if he gets fired
    Ryan Ficken ST

This way you keep the two elements that are working intact - the offense and special teams. The element that needs to be blow up and his responsible for all this team's failures during Staley's tenure is the defense. You can blow that up and start over with a really strong DC. Don't mess with the parts of the team that are working.
    The problem with this is there is zero proof that Kellen Moore is ready to be a HC. I have no problem keeping him as the OC. And I agree the best thing for Herbert is to have continuity in the offense. But the best thing for team overall might be a true HEAD COACH and not a glorified Sr Coordinator. Also we need to see how the season plays out the rest of the way on Kellen Moore.

If the Chargers lose tomorrow - Telesco and Staley can have the holidays off. I need to see more from Moore

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The problem with this is there is zero proof that Kellen Moore is ready to be a HC. I have no problem keeping him as the OC. And I agree the best thing for Herbert is to have continuity in the offense. But the best thing for team overall might be a true HEAD COACH and not a glorified Sr Coordinator. Also we need to see how the season plays out the rest of the way on Kellen Moore.

If the Chargers lose tomorrow - Telesco and Staley can have the holidays off. I need to see more from Moore
      Everybody thought Nick Sirianni wasn't ready to be a head coach either. Do you remember his first press conference? Everybody ridiculed him. But he had the Eagles in the Super Bowl the following season.

Nick Sirianni is a Philadelphia folk hero after guiding the Eagles to a tremendous season, but it wasn't long ago that he was mocked for his awkward introductory press conference.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

This is a good post.

For most of the hell fire and brimstone fire Staley clique, it is personal. They don't like him and would still want him fired if the Chargers won the Super Bowl.

I don't dislike Staley. I respect him on many levels. But with each loss I grow less confident in his abilities to learn from his mistakes and improve, and improve the team - results. I'm ready to move on from him at any moment.
        You don't know this board.

If Staley leads the Chargers to the AFC championship game, everyone will forget what they were bitching about in the first place.
        As for respecting the guy, as a head football coach he throws too many people under the bus in order to divert his culpability in the crappy product that is the Chargers.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

If Staley leads the Chargers to the AFC championship game, everyone will forget what they were bitching about in the first place.
          As for respecting the guy, as a head football coach he throws too many people under the bus in order to divert his culpability in the crappy product that is the Chargers.
          my disdain for staley is simply his coaching and his supposed forte, defense. I have nothing against him as a human being as I dont know crap about him. but I think we've all seen enough of him as a coach and dc...and that is NOT a good product. But IF, a BIG FAT IF, he makes it to the AFCCG then I will give him at least thru the end of his contract...and that is a BIG IF.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

It should also be noted that three of the four Chargers head coaches since Marty have a winning record with the Chargers, the exception being Mike McCoy.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

It should also be noted that three of the four Chargers head coaches since Marty have a winning record with the Chargers, the exception being Mike McCoy.
              McCoy, Lynn both had more success than Staley in their first 2 years with the team.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

McCoy, Lynn both had more success than Staley in their first 2 years with the team.
                And Staley has yet to have 4-12 or 5-11 seasons like those two did.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And Staley has yet to have 4-12 or 5-11 seasons like those two did.
                  Neither had the GM push all the payroll chips to the center of the table.
                  If not for that, we'd be looking at 4 - 12 or 5 - 11 for this year's team.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Neither had the GM push all the payroll chips to the center of the table.
                    If not for that, we'd be looking at 4 - 12 or 5 - 11 for this year's team.
                    And a big reason for the GM chip push was because of Staley.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I don’t get the throw people under the bus from Staley. We needed coaching changes for example and he luckily was able to get upgrades in Moore and Ficken. His main weakness and why he’ll probably get fired unless he turns it around is the defense.

If you want an example of a HC that actually throws people under the bus, look at Sean McDermott instead.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

And a big reason for the GM chip push was because of Staley.
                        Lets be real... Tired of all the disingenuous half truth posts around here just to prove a point. Telesco spent that money on free agency simply because of Herbert's rookie contract... We would have done that with any coach, not just Staley.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

It will be actually funny to see how Staley throws ppl under the bus, GUS BUS in wk12 and every single of them fails to stop him.

Comment

Working...
                          X