• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Probably shouldn't use the word genius and Staley in the same sentence with the kind of context you are providing.
    It's a knock on Hoody because Staley's been average at best. So that leaves Hoody Looking very clueless at times.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It's a knock on Hoody because Staley's been average at best. So that leaves Hoody Looking very clueless at times.
      Hoody doesn't have Herbert or the Chargers offense. His defense also looks iffy. Can't seem to name one big time player on the Pats
      right now.

Hoody is terrible at drafting. He got away with it by filling up holes through FA. But now it's catching up to him. He's also a little long in the
      tooth. Probably should call it quits before the Pats can him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

You say the D bailed out the O at the end of two games. Using the same logic I could say the O bailed out the D earlier in those games.

I know you dislike stats but I think they clearly show which sides doing more bailing this season.

It’s like a bodybuilder that has massive chest and arms but skinny legs preparing for a competition. He can always bench and curl some more to increase his mass, but squats will help him more against the competition.
        Season 5 What GIF by The Office
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

No not blaming the offense for the first half at all. But 1- you win or lose games in Q4 not in the first half. Since you so bent of stats.
          Remember that 2- more than 50% of the games are decided by one score. We were leading 27-7 at half in the PO game. We lost. by 1.

Yes I am more concerned about the defense. But it doesn't change the facts. 3- We almost blew the Raiders game because the offense
          scored 0 in the 2nd half.
          We lost the Titans game because the offense couldn't get the job done when it mattered. Of course the D blew
          it. But it came down to the offense to win the game and they failed.
          1- I don't think it's true, maybe in golf but not in football.
          P. Manning with the Colts is an excellent example.

2- I'm more interested in the other 50%

3- I think with only one stop by the defense against MIA and TEN, the Chargers are 4-0 !

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

1- I don't think it's true, maybe in golf but not in football.
            P. Manning with the Colts is an excellent example.

2- I'm more interested in the other 50%

3- I think with only one stop by the defense against MIA and TEN, the Chargers are 4-0 !
            1. Even in golf, your score over the first 14 holes counts. Lots of guys shoot 4 under over the last 5 holes and lose by 10 strokes.

We would win more games with more points in the 2nd half, but the first half is also important. 60 minutes count. In total net net - the offense has performed better than the defense so far this year. But it’s a new week, time to roll, the defeatism is lame. Dallas is not a great team, their QB is who I always thought he was, and his new OC is a downgrade. They have good defensive players but they can be scored on - witness AZ and SF. LFG!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

In golf, if you lead by 3 strokes after two rounds (= halftime), your chance to win is about 10%.
              In football, a 17 or 21 points lead at halftime give you what ? 50-60-70% ?

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Who was the last Chargers coach to win the AFC West title?

Comment

• AFboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Balboa Park bench
                  • Medical Simulation
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Who was the last Chargers coach to win the AFC West title?
                  Norv Turner... We've never won the AFCW under Telesco.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Norv Turner... We've never won the AFCW under Telesco.
                    I remember all the hate directed at Norv by Chargers fans. So many wanted him gone almost from the time he took over for Marty. A case of be careful of what you wish for. Norv is 71 and retired. Same age as Belichick and Pete Carroll.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

I remember all the hate directed at Norv by Chargers fans. So many wanted him gone almost from the time he took over for Marty. A case of be careful of what you wish for. Norv is 71 and retired. Same age as Belichick and Pete Carroll.
                      I’m sure many will disagree with me but I thought Norv was unfairly maligned from day one by the fans.

Devasting injuries took a toll and have become the one consistent thing you can expect year after year until this day.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Norv’s offense required top tier OL and elite skill players as his plays took more time to develop. He never adapted to the faster modern NFL football, imo. He was world class at Dallas with 4 or 5 HOF players on offense. Made his reputation as genius with that lineup. Succeeded his first 2 yrs when the Chargers offense was stacked with McNeil et all on the OL and LT, Gates, etc at skill. As soon as the OL degraded and LT faded, his 7 step drops were tragedy turned farce. He wasn’t a genius after all. Same in his next stops lacking a pro bowl stacked roster. Fail.

I called Gus the Norv of DCs - same story. He became a genius with a SEA defense stacked with pro bowl players and future HOF. It’s easy to just put guys out in a simple formation and say go get em if everyone on Defense is better 1x1 than their Offensive counterpart. It will always be a hat on hat, pad on pad game.

Belly is getting dusted 30-0 every week now. He was a genius with better players. Same coach.
                        Payton is showing to be the same - except he is a douchebag on top of it, regularly blaming others.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          required top tier OL and elite skill players
                          Isn't that pretty much true of any of the best offenses in the NFL?

Comment

Working...
                          X