• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Hmmm Quinn seems like an interesting proposition. I think I like Caldwell though. SB pedigree. Works well with QBs. Calm demeanor meshes with Herbert. Experience with Peyton Manning could be used to help put Herbert in a winning situation from a QB perspective. Winning NFL record.
    That was my thought process with Caldwell. He has worked with Manning, Stafford, I think Flacco - so a myriad of QBs in his career. A winning record in Detroit is like a winning record with the Chargers - a big positive

My guess, if STaley is fired it will be the "young hot, coordinator" -- but even if not Harbaugh, I would take Quinn or Caldwell over all these younger whippersnappers with limited experience. Hell, the Clapper, Jason Garrett would be a decent option

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Delusional fans think there's a magic reset button.
      The only thing you resetting is the timeline for Herbert to begin again. I said it with Lynn, don't reset the QB who won OROY under Steichen OC. But Spanos reset and gave you Staley. Well then commit to Staley program. It been 2 years and 6 games. He should get 4 or 5 years before any reset ideas.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Delusional fans think there's a magic reset button.
        The only thing you resetting is the timeline for Herbert to begin again. I said it with Lynn, don't reset the QB who won OROY under Steichen OC. But Spanos rest and gave you Staley. Well then commit to Staley program. It been 2 years a 6 games. He should get 4 or 5 before any reset ideas.
        Than Telesco needs to change as that guy for sure has shown an inability to build a roster with an identity. Two areas that Telesco has been very inconsistent: Oline and Defense. Year to year - he brings in players. But its not working

So to your point, if only one of them is back - I would bring back Staley

Telesco needs to get the pink slip

Comment

• colorado
          Fan since '62
          • Jun 2023
          • Desert Rat
          • Nothing but time on my hands
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That was my thought process with Caldwell. He has worked with Manning, Stafford, I think Flacco - so a myriad of QBs in his career. A winning record in Detroit is like a winning record with the Chargers - a big positive

My guess, if STaley is fired it will be the "young hot, coordinator" -- but even if not Harbaugh, I would take Quinn or Caldwell over all these younger whippersnappers with limited experience. Hell, the Clapper, Jason Garrett would be a decent option
          I like Jason Garrett. He'd be an excellent pick.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

If he can deall with Jerry Jones and have an overall record of 85-67 - I think he can deal with the Spanii

Unlike many, I didn't totally dismiss the idea of Garrett when Staley was hired.

Comment

• colorado
              Fan since '62
              • Jun 2023
              • Desert Rat
              • Nothing but time on my hands
              • Send PM

If he can deall with Jerry Jones and have an overall record of 85-67 - I think he can deal with the Spanii

Unlike many, I didn't totally dismiss the idea of Garrett when Staley was hired.
              He's still young enough to relate with the players and he was a NFL QB. He could help Herbert tremendously.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

He's got two fast elite receivers and one very fast RB. That fits the system he runs perfectly. Have not done nearly as
                well against the better defenses.

Shanahan in SF runs a similar system. Just lost to the Vikings whose D blitzes a lot and the Browns who have one of the
                best if not the best D in the NFL. Teams watch film and will adjust. Except for Staley of course. That's the NFL.

As far as the D goes they have played offensive bottom dwellers with the exception of the Chargers 34, Bills 48 and Eagles 31 points against.
                The other opponents: NE, Denver, NYG, Carolina.

Miami will be exposed in the POs.
                Miami WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. Sounds pretty good to me.

He purposely brought in Mostert, brought in Hill and drafted Archane. The speed didn't get there by accident.

He is also the coach that has gotten the most out of the QB the Dolphins drafted 5th overall.

Seems to me that a coach who a designed a system that fits his players and gets the most out of them is a coach I wouldn't mind having. I think he has done some pretty great things for a very young head coach just into his 2nd year.

Oh and as a fan I would have no problem watching the the most exciting team in the NFL.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Jim Caldwell zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Again, I am not going off the "feelings" of players. I am looking at the history of the Chargers since the Spanos family has been owner and specifically Dean - the team does better with an experienced head coach

Frank Smith has never been a head coach in his career. I don't doubt the Chargers miss him on their coaching staff and he is probably doing good things in Miami. But, the data shows - hiring a more experienced head coach, leads to success

I am sure the Dallas players on defense speak highly of Dan Quinn - and he has actual experience as a Head Coach
                    Frank Smth is Miami’s OC. Is there a better, more explosive offense? Herbert would benefit immensely.

RESET NOW!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Jim Caldwell zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      I don't need pizzazz or a personality
                      Need somebody who is a football coach that can create a system based on personnel, teach that system and adapt that system
                      winnings is all the pizzazz I need

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Has been ginger

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Has been ginger
                          Look at the record... - 85-67

Thats not a has been

You are pretty high on Frank Smith - yet Mike McDaniel calls the plays. Seems like Frank Smith and Derrick Antsly have a lot in common - just assistant coaches

Comment

Working...
                          X