• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Have a link to that? K9 is playing great on a contract year! Lol!

If Staley ever became GM of this team I would no longer follow the Chargers... That would just be insane.
    Here u go:

Lynn on the discussions about moving up to get Murray and what he liked about him

"Well, he’s a guy that we had eyes on. And we had a plan, and Tom Telesco executed that plan to perfection, I thought. It was real cool, and at one point we were thinking we were going to move up, and we just kept talking to different people and we had a chance to move up and get him. He’s a guy that he’s a run and hit linebacker. You watch the tape, and he’s a very physical football player. He plays his game like old school linebackers. He’s really intense. But he has that speed that we haven’t had at that position since I’ve been here, and he also has that leadership, those intangibles that I really like in a young man. So he was a guy that we were really targeting. I was glad we were able to go back in the first round and get him, and that was just a good pickup."

​https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...36144/#1410958

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Florio opines the NFL will suspend Harbaugh if an NFL team signs him to a coaching contract. Does this put the kibosh on any Harbaugh replacing Staley possibility? Keep in mind that Florio is ultra opinionated and most often what he writes reflects how thinks things oughta be, not necessarily reality.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...ries-to-return
      *cough* Chip Kelly *cough*

Hell, John Calipari pulled that shit in basketball. Cheated and got his dream job at Kentucky and left Memphis to foot the bill. I'm surprised all professional sports leagues don't have something like this in their bylaws to prevent it from happening.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

*cough* Chip Kelly *cough*

Hell, John Calipari pulled that shit in basketball. Cheated and got his dream job at Kentucky and left Memphis to foot the bill. I'm surprised all professional sports leagues don't have something like this in their bylaws to prevent it from happening.
        The NFL won't shy away from harbaugh

they would probably love Harbaugh back

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft told Myers a story of confronting Bill Belichick about taping the New York Jets' signals when the controversy arose.

"How much did this help us on a scale of 1 to 100?" Kraft asked Belichick in an excerpt from the Boston Globe.

"One," Belichick responded.
          ​
          "Then you're a real schmuck," Kraft said he told Belichick.

Kraft went on to say that taping signals was widely known around the league. Then-Jets coach Herm Edwards and assistant Donnie Henderson once waved at the cameras in 2004.
          ​
          "How much do you think that helped us?" Kraft asked. "How much of a surprise was it to (Jets coach Eric) Mangini and (general manager Mike) Tannenbaum?

"You know how many teams steal signals? That's bupkis . . . We kicked (the Jets) off our roof (in 2006)."

After the Jets reported the Patriots in Week 1 of 2007, New England went 17-1 the rest of that season. The Patriots won three Super Bowls, and played in six Super Bowls and nine AFC Championship Games, between 2007 and 2019. Considering they did all of that AFTER they stopped taping signals, I don't think that type of cheating creates much of an advantage, if any at all.
          ​
          It's been a while since we had a good Spygate story. New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft relives the time most Patriots fans would like to forget, with a great anecdote about Bill Belichick.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

If the ship goes down, the big moves I’d like to see would be.

Hire Alec Halaby to be your GM
            Hire Frank Smith as you HC
            Trade a 1st round pick for WR George Pickens

I would also love for them to let whoever the new GM is, let them bring in an assistant GM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Florio opines the NFL will suspend Harbaugh if an NFL team signs him to a coaching contract. Does this put the kibosh on any Harbaugh replacing Staley possibility? Keep in mind that Florio is ultra opinionated and most often what he writes reflects how thinks things oughta be, not necessarily reality.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...ries-to-return
              Who knows,..... i think Spanos being cheap is the main kibosh.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I would also love for them to let whoever the new GM is, let them bring in an assistant GM.
                None of this will happen and your asst GM is JohnBoy....no matter who else is hired.
                And why would Pittsurgh trade Pickens? I wouldnt if he were on our team.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

None of this will happen and your asst GM is JohnBoy....no matter who else is hired.
                  And why would Pittsurgh trade Pickens? I wouldnt if he were on our team.
                  Of course it’s not going to happen. That’s why I said, it’s what I would like to see and it make sense. But we know this ownership is clueless in how to hire the right football people to run the team.

As far as Pickens, I would offer them the 1st because he was a 2nd round pick. Maybe they use that extra 1st to get a proper QB.

I know Little John Boy is pretty much the assistant GM. That’s why I said I would love to see them hire one.

Just throwing out opinions and options that this team has to actually have a chance at competing with the best.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Halaby -- good name for GM because he works for the Eagles and Roseman.

HC - under the Spanii, experienced head coaches do better than first time head coaches. This is not "feelings" - the data proves it. Norv, Ross, Marty, even if you include Riley and Henning have done better than Saunders, Gilbride, McCoy, Lynn and now Staley. Garrett, Quinn, Lewis, Caldwell

Why would the Chargers trade a top 10 pick for Pickens - you can draft one.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Yeah, I don't know why that's being thrown out there. It won't happen, though. He's going to acknowledge that he sucked as a head coach, move to general manager, and be supportive of the guy who replaces him? I don't think even the Spanos family is that ridiculous to let that messed up situation take place.
                      I didn't say it would actually happen . . . . . . . . . . . just like we won't actually hire an established front line HC. Doesn't mean we can't discuss the merits anyway

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I didn't say it would actually happen . . . . . . . . . . . just like we won't actually hire an established front line HC. Doesn't mean we can't discuss the merits anyway
                        And what exactly makes you think Staley would be a good general manager?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

And what exactly makes you think Staley would be a good general manager?
                          Because then he wouldn't be coaching ???

Comment

Working...
                          X