Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Because they fired Gilbride mid-season.
    Alex was in charge then. Dean is not his father. Alex had more balls and sense.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Trey Pipkins has allowed 8 sacks in 11 games.
      2nd worst in the entire league. He also has 6 penalties.
      TELESCO gave him 13mil guaranteed in his 3/21mil year deal.
      Trey is on pace to give up about 13 sacks this year. 1 for each million Telesco guaranteed him. Another whiff by Telesco. Why is he still starting. I wouldn't be surprised if he get benched soon. And they move Salyer out to RT. And give Jaimes or McFadden a chance at RG.
      Let’s replace Zion while we’re at it. He stinks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Velo has posted a few times about how he knew of the Spanii growing - think he mentioned living in the Sacramento area - and if I recall what he wrote - Dean wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Alex built the business. Dean was gifted the business as the eldest in the family.

Comment

• Air Coryell
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2021
          • Carlsbad, CA
          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Trey Pipkins has allowed 8 sacks in 11 games.
          2nd worst in the entire league. He also has 6 penalties.
          TELESCO gave him 13mil guaranteed in his 3/21mil year deal.
          Trey is on pace to give up about 13 sacks this year. 1 for each million Telesco guaranteed him. Another whiff by Telesco. Why is he still starting. I wouldn't be surprised if he get benched soon. And they move Salyer out to RT. And give Jaimes or McFadden a chance at RG.
          They should move Salyer to tackle and bench Pip. Could be left tackle where he played well last year and move Slater to ROT. Whatever maximized both of them. And plat McFadden at guard.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

But why would you want solution next year when Staley can provide better results in 5 years and if not he defo learn in 10 years.

I am not getting why you ppl like rushing things.
            We need consistency at HC position.

Brandon Staley coach of the flip.
            Lol, your bait is too obvious - nobody is biting on that hook here.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

So … no big news while I was out, i take it? Ok.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2021
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Cant read it. If you guys want to post athletic articles, paste them. Most of us cant read them.
                It's a $1 a month to subscribe currently

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Carolina
                  Arizona
                  WFT used to be on the list but with Snyder gone - its tbd
                  Irsay seems like a bad owner though Colts have had success
                  Raiders are up there
                  Chargers

Easily bottom 25% of owners in the NFL.
                  There’s more than that. Not going to list the new owners outside of Tepper:

AFC West: Davis
                  AFC North: Haslam, Smith (probably tied with Spanos, had more success recently but is even cheaper owner and had more down years overall)
                  AFC South: McNair, Khan (both are doing better now but history says otherwise), Irsay is like Jones in having recent success but can’t seem to stay out of trouble or out of meddling with team
                  AFC East: Ross (better the last two seasons but history say otherwise), and Johnson

NFC East: Jones
                  NFC North: McCaskey, Ford (good current year)
                  NFC South: Blank (probably tied with Spanos), Tepper
                  NFC West: Bidwell

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

And they had Bobby Beathard as GM at the time. Since then no HC has been fired midseason.​

Telesco has been with this organization for 11 years. He should have been fired a long time ago. If it was another team he would have been fired. Then there's John boy. The franchise has gone down the gutter ever since he took a bigger role with the organization.

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

There’s more than that. Not going to list the new owners outside of Tepper:

AFC West: Davis
                    AFC North: Haslam, Smith (probably tied with Spanos, had more success recently but is even cheaper owner and had more down years overall)
                    AFC South: McNair, Khan (both are doing better now but history says otherwise), Irsay is like Jones in having recent success but can’t seem to stay out of trouble or out of meddling with team
                    AFC East: Ross (better the last two seasons but history say otherwise), and Johnson

NFC East: Jones
                    NFC North: McCaskey, Ford (good current year)
                    NFC South: Blank (probably tied with Spanos), Tepper
                    NFC West: Bidwell
                    You can add Woody Johnson to that list. Yeah the Jets are decent now, but they've been bad for most of these times in recent years.​

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And they had Bobby Beathard as GM at the time. Since then no HC has been fired midseason.​

Telesco has been with this organization for 11 years. He should have been fired a long time ago. If it was another team he would have been fired. Then there's John boy. The franchise has gone down the gutter ever since he took a bigger role with the organization.

You can add Woody Johnson to that list. Yeah the Jets are decent now, but they've been bad for most of these times in recent years.​
                      Johnson is there.

With regards to your other comment directed to Boltjolt, I believe Dean was also responsible for hiring Butler. Luck or not, AJ Smith also created an initial successful tenure even though there were no rings to show for it. Some of the guys I listed as worse than Spanos managed to turn it around recently so I can’t see why we can’t either.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Johnson is there.

With regards to your other comment directed to Boltjolt, I believe Dean was also responsible for hiring Butler. Luck or not, AJ Smith also created an initial successful tenure even though there were no rings to show for it. Some of the guys I listed as worse than Spanos managed to turn it around recently so I can’t see why we can’t either.
                        For Dean, it means reassigning his son to a big office in the corner of the building away from anything to do with personnel matters, scouting etc

Second hire a guy like Harbaugh who brings in his own GM

or

I would even take a guy like Quinn along with a GM from say the Eagles, Niners, even teh Cowboys have had pretty good success with their scouting. Ravens too

Give me one of those two combos - an experienced HC with a new GM - and I think the Chargers can give themselves better odds of success than another first time GM and especially a first time HC. I wouldn't be afraid to talk to Brian Flores either - has done a good job with the vikings defense and improved it as the year went on. Granted, probably still prefer Quinn

I saw Brian Johnson name again today from teh Eagles for the Panthers job and just don't get it. One year as OC for an established offense - he is riding the coattails if Siriani and Steichen. If the Chargers were to hire that kind of newby again - it would be a disaster.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Didn’t realize he was already 62!

Comment

Working...
                          X