• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Is there anyone (apart of Critty and richpjr) who would rather took Brandon as franchise coach over Kyle?

Thought so.

What more San Fran was bad team when he took over back then and still is without top 10 QB.

Give Shanahan Herbert and let Brandon has Jimmy G....

Thought so.

Have a great night.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Mark Davis gets it?
      To clarify - at least he knows when his team is screwed up, and who's responsible for that condition, and he has the gumption to clean house. We, on the other hand, will suffer thru the rest of the season watching mediocre football, and THEN the Spanos might actually do something about it . . . . . .. . but no promises

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

To clarify - at least he knows when his team is screwed up, and who's responsible for that condition, and he has the gumption to clean house. We, on the other hand, will suffer thru the rest of the season watching mediocre football, and THEN the Spanos might actually do something about it . . . . . .. . but no promises
        because it is money they've already spent and dont wanna feel like they got taken for money.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And I don't even think Quinn is that much of a retread. I mean, by the time Marty got to the Bolts it was his 4th job, for Norval Eugene it was his 3rd. Henning was on his second. Riley coached I think in Canada and Oregon State

Quinn, Schwartz (who has a very good defense in Cle), Morris - and the name I added from the other thread I thought of, Bisaccia.

And yes, you are right - it is the curse that other teams can win with first time head coaches.
          I like Quinn and Morris out of your list. Though they both have their flaws. But no to Schwartz. Bisaccia was an interim HC only and maybe should stay as one.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

My guy is starting to rise. I think he may end up the better draft pick over Bijan. Still fascinated with Gibbs. Both Gibbs and Branch were amazing pick ups for the Lions. Lions have done a pretty good job drafting guys i obsess over. I still think WR Williams will be a stud once fully healthy. Another love affair of mine. I feel like lately the Lions have been all over picks i love. Which makes me think about that staff. Ravens have always been a team i feel drafts very well.

If you forced me to poach a head coach and a GM from one team? I might look at Ben Johnson as HC and Ray Agnew as GM.​

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Everyone could see McDaniels was going to be a train wreck again, yet Davis gave him a 6 year contract and blew him out less than a year and a half into his contract.

Spanos has a terrible track record of hiring coaches and we rightly complain he holds on to them for a year or two too long. But I disagree that he doesn't care about winning. I think he wants to win - he just has no clue how to.

Davis and Spanos - Dumb and Dumber.
              If Dean Spanos could press a button that would allow the Chargers to win the Super Bowl, he'd do it.
              The problem is that he doesn't want to make the organizational changes necessary that will put the Chargers on the right track.

Someone said recently (last year) that there are only a handful of owners that truly want to go to the Superbowl.
              Dean isn't in that group.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

If Dean Spanos could press a button that would allow the Chargers to win the Super Bowl, he'd do it.
                The problem is that he doesn't want to make the organizational changes necessary that will put the Chargers on the right track.

Someone said recently (last year) that there are only a handful of owners that truly want to go to the Superbowl.
                Deano kind of reminds me of the bewildered, naive, unorganized owner of a hole-in-the-wall, mediocre diner in that "Restaurant Makeover" TV show...BEFORE the makeover...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Because;
                  1) he doesn't know how,
                  2) he doesn't have the will,
                  3) he doesn't want to spend the money it would take

If he manages to 'luck' into it he'll take it, but that's the only way this organization wins a SB (unless there's a change in ownership)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Joshy bit the bullet tonight - Mark Davis put him out of his misery (along with the GM). The Raiders are all kinds of bad in many ways, but at least they have an owner who gets it. Too bad for Staley . . . . . . . . . . . . who's now the worst coach in the league
                    Lol Mark Davis gets it how exactly?

There are 11 teams with worse records, 3 more with the same, as the Chargers. Take your pick on worst coach. A handful of these loser coaches are ones the TPB crowd want to be LAC HC. smh.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

There are 11 teams with worse records, 3 more with the same, as the Chargers. Take your pick on worst coach. A handful of these loser coaches are ones the TPB crowd want to be LAC HC. smh.
                      Mark Davis was really bitter about the loss to Chicago with a UDFA QB against them and then they lost last week.

He said he hasn't seen improvement so that's why he fired them now. That was in the news here.
                      Funny thing is, they improved after Gruden left.
                      Bashacia had them playing well and I'm glad Davis didn't keep him. He let the improvement go.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

From my response above:

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

From my response above:

He really knows ?

Comment

Working...
                          X