• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Fine but there is an explanation outside of Staley and Telesco are clueless.

I say in this instance they had somethung specific in mind.

Future cap ramifications, player development and big picture roster building.
    I just think he's a far better solution than Rumph. Imagine Bosa, Mack, Tuli and KVN. Rotate, keep fresh, bring them all at once. I think we need to accept that Rumph is not going to be an impact player in the NFL. Take another swing next year.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I just think he's a far better solution than Rumph. Imagine Bosa, Mack, Tuli and KVN. Rotate, keep fresh, bring them all at once. I think we need to accept that Rumph is not going to be an impact player in the NFL. Take another swing next year.
      Tuli out there chasing down QBs with tons of cardio to spare. Must be nice to be 20.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

This isn't the correct question to be asking. KVN obviously can still play, so why didn't TT make quality depth at a critical position a priority and get him locked up before anyone else? Like - in training camp? Why does he continue to rely on Rumph as 'quality' depth, when he's clearly nothing of the sort, and has not ever been?

Now - hypothetically;
        KVN's at the end of his career, and like all these guys wants to go out a winner, so he may have been approached by any number of teams, including the Chargers, but he held out until the right team came asking. If the right team didn't call - he just stays retired. Hard to disagree with the way it's worked out for him. So maybe TT did make an effort to bring him in, but after playing for the Chargers KVN knew what the team was all about and wanted to upgrade, so he said no thanks - I'll wait? Who knows - it's plausible.

I refuse to give TT a pass for not realizing what he had (or didn't have) in Rumph. Rumph's had enough time to show us what he's all about . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and he's all about taking up a roster spot - not much different than McKitty from a perspective of productivity . . . . . . . . .
        Van Noy said he wanted to come back here and Staley wanted him back but Telesco said no.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ3CWPGbWUs&pp=ygUQVGhlIGxpb25zIGRlbiBlMQ% 3D%3D&pbjreload=102
          Emailed this to John Spanos 2 weeks ago.

Since then TT apologized (humble)
          Coaches met w/ ea other
          Coaches told players to create identity
          D Coaches said to have fun. Choreograph a celebration ....

Last nite, the D players played loose. Had fun. Nd 2 work on that choreography

Hmmmmm......
          Maybe John received it and applied it?! Good on them either way.
          The Lions owner is very humble...

Bible says when you humble yourself, you will be lifted up...
          The bible also says to pray for your leaders and to overcome evil with good. Another thing it says is to put your hope in God and not man. When people do these things, then maybe things about the Charger organization will be better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Fine but there is an explanation outside of Staley and Telesco are clueless.

I say in this instance they had somethung specific in mind.

Future cap ramifications, player development and big picture roster building.
            I understand. You are right but just saying he has been better as a OLB.

They had something in mind for sure but KVN would of been a cheap pickup.is all.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Van Noy said he wanted to come back here and Staley wanted him back but Telesco said no.
              Telesco needs to apologize again

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

LOL.
                He hugged Slayer last night.
                TPB expects a lot.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2022
                  • Send PM

I have been tough on DC Staley. I would have given him a game ball last night in that locker room. Well done Coach Staley!

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

The D looks amazing. Many players hurt last year and earlier this year are playing at full strength . The overall team speed is amazing

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

LOL.
                      He hugged Slayer last night.
                      TPB expects a lot.
                      I wanted to hug Slayer last night. The 10k catch was magical

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I agree Telesco can go first.

Telesco best OL players all showed up when Staley arrived.
                        First big FA signing after Staley hire was Linsley-OC Unfortunate about his health this year. But he is one of the best. Started 30 games last 2 seasons.
                        First pick of Staley era was Slater-LT.
                        And big trade for Mack which was Staley's dude.
                        The Chargers got better with these moves and they have Staley name on each move. I even like the aggressive swing and miss on JCJ and then the aggressive pivot and trade of him. And the pick up of Kellen Moore even if it's work in progress. That is Staley.

Chargers can easily get back to 4-4 and in the hunt. Possibly get clicking and healthy at right time. But drop to 2-5 or 2-6 and it's over.
                        Back the to 4-4. Easier than I thought. No one score edge of seat finishes.
                        Have to go 6-3 over final 9. Will need to execute late game offense 2 min drills to get enough wins.
                        Special Teams hopefully can win another game along the way.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

ok, you got me chuckling on that one. well played. I think all of the KVN stuff is overstated, Chargers are 3rd in the league in sacks while playing one less game than the leaders. what problem was KVN solving?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X