• Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Assuming...

Staley is fired and the new head coach is offensive.

And the Colts move on from Gus Bradley after this season.

Would you want Bradley back as DC?
    No.
    Please
    No.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

No.
      Please
      No.
      I want a defense that is built along the lines of Steelers or Ravens - physical and stop teams and not this "bend but don't break"
      Granted it starts with personnel

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want a defense that is built along the lines of Steelers or Ravens - physical and stop teams and not this "bend but don't break"
        Granted it starts with personnel
        I believe in this for years - Mike Tomlin is the best coach in NFL.

Funny thing net worth of Steelers owners is less than Spanoes.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I believe in this for years - Mike Tomlin is the best coach in NFL.

Steelers and Ravens have strong organizations that start with ownership through the GM and into the HC

How often do we hear at the draft - when one of these teams pick a player and the analysts are "great get for the Ravens (or Steelers) - a perfect draft pick"

its because they have alignment from top to bottom of what they want. In total agreement

With Telesco - I just do not see the symmetry - its a crapshoot

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Steelers and Ravens have strong organizations that start with ownership through the GM and into the HC

How often do we hear at the draft - when one of these teams pick a player and the analysts are "great get for the Ravens (or Steelers) - a perfect draft pick"

its because they have alignment from top to bottom of what they want. In total agreement

I know. I even wanted to write about "how Steelers and Ravens are the blueprint for NFL teams" But thats obvious for all of us.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Assuming...

Staley is fired and the new head coach is offensive.

And the Colts move on from Gus Bradley after this season.

Would you want Bradley back as DC?
              No - I don't like Norv, referring to other posts - my take on Norv was that his offense scheme worked with multiple HOF players and a top OL that gave the elite skill players time to win downfield. He had that in Dallas when he became genius. He had that the first 2 years with the Chargers with Rivers, LT, Gates and a solid OL, arguably the best roster in the league. As soon as LT faded and OL degraded, it was over. He kept calling his 7 step slow-evolving plays long after PR didn't have time for a 5 step drop. He never adapted, he just said the team can't win with the roster he has.

my Gus complaint is the same - he's not a great defensive genius imo. he's an ok coach who got dubbed "genius" because he was gifted one of the most loaded defensive rosters in the last 40 or more years in SEA. Thats how Pete won with modestly able QB (no offense, Russ) and a ground pound run game. The DL, LB and CB groups all had multiple exceptional pro bowl+ players, several will end up in the HOF. It didnt matter what he called, those dudes were all over everything everywhere just balling out and beating whoever was near them hat on hat, pad on pad.

He brought his scheme to SD and it flopped. How I recall was that when defense wasn't working, he didn't adjust - he was frozen in "his way". Looking at now - Indy is #26 in yards per game allowed this year, 358/gm. they are worse than the Chargers in PPG at 24.8 (#25 in league). Its time to look forward, not back​
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I don't know about the Steelers, their roster hasn't impressed me in a long time. They sit at 6-3 so maybe its better than I credit them. Oddly they are -26 in Points for/against - unusual to be 6-3 with that type of scoring disadvantage.

I 100% agree on the Ravens drafting very well as due to organizational excellence. They do very good talent evaluation and selection - I don't know its a complete top to bottom universal agreement alignment or its just a really good scouting and GM office. That started under Newsome, he built a top notch talent scouting team and he had a keen eye himself - imo that still carries forward today.

They
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Telesco's 1rst rounds - defense: 1 edge player, 1 DT, 1 inside linebacker, 1 safety, 1 cb

Telesco's 2nd rounds - defense: 2 inside linebackers, 1 cb, 1 safety, 2 edge players,

Telesco's 3rd rounds - defense: 1 safety, 1 cb, 1 inside linebacker, 0 edge players, 1 DT

What position group does Telesco prefer on defense? What are his thoughts on building a defense?

After 10 drafts, its still a mystery.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

ESPN's Mike Greenberg Reveals Jim Harbaugh Is 'Huge Fan' Of One NFL Quarterback

ESPN's Mike Greenberg had a conversation with Harbaugh last year. During the conversation, Harbaugh raved about Justin Herbert and his abilities at the quarterback position.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                      ESPN's Mike Greenberg Reveals Jim Harbaugh Is 'Huge Fan' Of One NFL Quarterback

ESPN's Mike Greenberg had a conversation with Harbaugh last year. During the conversation, Harbaugh raved about Justin Herbert and his abilities at the quarterback position.
                      Signal couldn't be any clearer.

Poor bastard, he didn't observe Payton's unseeming flirtations with Dean and the franchise all of last year.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Signal couldn't be any clearer.

Poor bastard, he didn't observe Payton's unseeming flirtations with Dean and the franchise all of last year.

Everything is it's own thing...

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

If this is true, then why would the Spani change their formula -- i.e., why would they stop hiring first-time head coaches? The added cost savings appears to be making them rich.

What's the incentive to hire an experienced coach like Harbaugh that will cost more than McMeh/Bang-the-Table/Used Car Salesman?

Comment

Working...
                          X