• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Speaking from a place of compassion, the Spanoses have to take action and save Staley from himself right now. Watching him in the post-game presser, Staley is in a bad place mentally and it's spiraling out of control. The humane thing to do is relieve him of his burden, Staley could have a complete breakdown if they don't.
    Isn't BS getting paid something like 4 mil / year? With another year on his contract? If he gets canned tomorrow he'll have pocketed 16 mil for 2 1/2 years worth of 'work'. Yeah - it'll sting for a bit, but I don't think he's going to go all head in the oven over it . . . . . . . . . he and Joshy can go golfing together . . . . .

What I see in that presser is a guy who's too arrogant to change his ways AND a guy who knows he doesn't have the answers . . . . . . . . . . . which is why he's going to continue to do the same things, over and over . . . . . . . as long as ownership will let him.

I hope he's fired before the evening news tomorrow . . . . . . . I want to see what this team can do with someone (anyone) else . . . . . . . . It worked for the Raiders

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

This where I am at and its not emotional venting. I have calmly accepted there will be no playoffs this year and will not pretend otherwise. I want to get started on the future and not subject Herbert to any more of this before he and his camp get fed up and want to go to a winning organization.

Having a look at Moore makes sense. Staley will not resurrect this season and the team needs a change
      Thank you. I too would like to start turning the page sooner rather than later . . . . . . . . . .It makes no sense to keep Staley or TT around for the inevitable . . . . . . . . . . let's see what Moore or Ficken have, even see if Ainsley can be a good coach without BS on his back . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I said this over the summer. I think his agent should have had Minnesota, San Francisco, the Giants, New England, Pittsburgh, and Seattle as options to move on to. I was hit with cries of, "Herbert isn't going anywhere!" That's not the point. It's what his agent should have done in the best interests for his client.
        Agreed . . . . . . . . . Herbert is too loyal. The people he's given his loyalty to are very much undeserving of it . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

FWIW, SB Nation now reporting that Staley is in the hot seat...shocking, positively shocking:

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Screenshot 2023-11-19 8.33.32 PM.png

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • victoria b.c.
              • Send PM

We are now last in the division ..
              Thanks Brandon you defensive guru .....smh !!!!
              Fire this guy !!!!!

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

This article is a good read and aligns with how I think about the team.

Firing Brandon Staley Wouldn’t Necessarily Change the Chargers

Los Angeles has been mediocre for a long time, with the team still plagued by the same issues it had under Anthony Lynn.
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell 84 View Post
                  I can't wait until Staley is fired. I remember that relief the day Norv Turner was fired.
                  Same here. And yet here we are, with a worse head coach and general manager than what we had on that day Norv and A.J. were fired.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I said this over the summer. I think his agent should have had Minnesota, San Francisco, the Giants, New England, Pittsburgh, and Seattle as options to move on to. I was hit with cries of, "Herbert isn't going anywhere!" That's not the point. It's what his agent should have done in the best interests for his client.
                    actually the best interest for his client is to get as much money as he can get his client...and in return the most money he can get for himself. but I feel sorry for Herbert to be stuck with this shitshow of an organization.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      This article is a good read and aligns with how I think about the team.

Firing Brandon Staley Wouldn’t Necessarily Change the Chargers

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/20/br...ems-job-status
                      This article literally makes the claim in a round about way that the next move needs to be firing TT along with Staley and hire a HC like Jim Harbaugh is the only move left to make if they want to bury their past mistakes and get over the hump, because making another hire like Staley, Lynn, Mccoy and Norv will just bring more of the same!

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Thank you. I too would like to start turning the page sooner rather than later . . . . . . . . . .It makes no sense to keep Staley or TT around for the inevitable . . . . . . . . . . let's see what Moore or Ficken have, even see if Ainsley can be a good coach without BS on his back . . . . . . . . .
                        I know many won't like this take...but hear me out...

If there's any chance...ANY chance this offseason whatsoever at Harbaugh or another proven commodity, I feel like the last thing this team needs is a fluke audition from Moore, Ficken, whoever to get Spanos to fall in love with them and miss out again on an epic hire.

Look, I get the hand wringing over Steichen and Sirianni, but it's unlikely we have another one (or TWO) of those guys on this staff again.

Now I'm NOT suggesting we tank. All I'm saying is that we don't need to fill Dean's/John's heads with illusions that Moore/Ficken are somehow the answer. And firing Staley now is a gamble that they might.

Yes, I know the chances of Spanos paying for a guy like Harbaugh are slim...but that chance goes to zero if Ficken wins a couple of meaningless games at the end of the year and convinces Spanos that somehow he's the guy.

We flat out need a proven hire next time. No excuses. It's the ONLY time we've had success.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

actually the best interest for his client is to get as much money as he can get his client...and in return the most money he can get for himself. but I feel sorry for Herbert to be stuck with this shitshow of an organization.
                          He would have gotten that money from anywhere. And with more wins comes more endorsements, in which he could have his own spots instead of playing a lame supporting role to Patrick Mahomes on a Subway commercial.

Comment

Working...
                          X