• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

This guy says he has friends who worked with Staley when he first came into the league (2017) and he's always acted like a "know it all," even when he was fresh from Div III.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

The best information is, I guess, is that Staley is on a 4-year contract earning $4 mil per year. If they fired him this season they would owe him the remainder of this year and $4 mil for next season.

Sitting at 4-6, and hosting the AFC best Baltimore Ravens this weekend, it is safe to say that Los Angeles Chargers Head Coach Brandon Staley is sitting on a

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        This guy says he has friends who worked with Staley when he first came into the league (2017) and he's always acted like a "know it all," even when he was fresh from Div III.

Staley looks like Jack in the Shining! "You didn't let me finish my sentence"

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          The best information is, I guess, is that Staley is on a 4-year contract earning $4 mil per year. If they fired him this season they would owe him the remainder of this year and $4 mil for next season.

https://www.lafbnetwork.com/los-ange...randon-staley/
          That is true but so what? They owe JCJ a lot more so that's a drop in the bucket and only form one year. It doesn't go against the dead cap.
          They been wasting money on rookie scrub HCs when they could just hire Harbaugh and know what they are getting.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Staley is a good positional coach. Right now that is his ceiling.

TG
            You're kidding, right??? . . . . . . . . . what position do you think he'd be good at coaching? Waterboy? Long snapper?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not sure who runs that Twitter account but he isnt an insider. Just some fan i believe.
              I think the reference was that both SI and Fox Sports were reporting it.

Comment

• Tol
                From Accounting
                • Mar 2019
                • Carlsbad
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                The Belichick rumors continue:

I've heard this rumor from other sources.

My first thought was BB would probably want similar control to what he has in NE, that ownership would not be comfortable with. In other words, No TT. But then I remembered BB has complimented TT's drafting in the past. So maybe he would be cool with TT staying on as GM. Who knows.

BB with a good QB has historically been a very good combo.

I'm willing to believe the rumor, but I'm not willing to believe that the owners will make that move.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

My first thought was BB would probably want similar control to what he has in NE, that ownership would not be comfortable with. In other words, No TT. But then I remembered BB has complimented TT's drafting in the past. So maybe he would be cool with TT staying on as GM. Who knows.

I'm willing to believe the rumor, but I'm not willing to believe that the owners will make that move.
                  There sure seems to be a lot of smoke with this one. Could it really happen???

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think the reference was that both SI and Fox Sports were reporting it.
                    Yeah and most outlets are wrong. Had us moving on from Rivers for a few years before it happened. Had us drafting Mariota, have us firing HCs way before we do, etc.

Not buying BB coming here at all.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Yeah and most outlets are wrong. Had us moving on from Rivers for a few years before it happened.
                      It was actually the same day. Early one morning ESPN reported that Rivers and the Chargers were miles apart from an extension. After lunch they were forced to report he had just signed an extension.

Oftentimes, reporters make shit up for an all-too-gullible audience.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

I would be more comfortable with BB as head coach with two things
                        1) leave some assistants back in NE - including your kids, O'Brien, Judge, Josh

2) maybe hire a real GM that you respect -- Louis Riddick, maybe a guy like Dmitroff, Daniel JEremiah

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Another thing that bothers me, IF Spanos is telling whoever our HC who to play based on what they are paying them, it dont matter too much (though Harbaugh is still better than many coaches) who we have. The meddling they do will always be a deterrent and not the way to run your franchise. They need to go/sell/ sit the fuck down/ step back....all the above if this franchise is to EVER win a championship.
                          Who is Spanos telling Staley to play? Which Spanos is telling him, when, etc. - any verified details behind this?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X