• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

I'm not a simple person. I need a big name.
    Big names don’t always lead to desirable results.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I know some think Caleb is the best QB coming out in some time but I don't think he is. They seem to say that all the time. He may not even go #1.

They said that about Lawrence too.

Your last part is true so why wouldn't he want the challenge to take a cursed franchise to a SB?

And again i mention, he was raving about Herbert last year.

Doesn't matter. Spanos will be the deciding factor as in, will be too cheap to hire him..
      First of all, you were on the Caleb Williams bandwagon at the beginning of the season. I think both he and Maye are excellent.

What's wrong with Trevor Lawrence? Did I miss somewhere that he's a complete bust? Was he not competitive against the Chiefs in the Divisional Round last season?

I don't understand what you're asking about a cursed franchise. Both the Chargers and Bears are "cursed." The Bears happen to have a Super Bowl title, though.

I'm sure Harbaugh has raved about Herbert. I'm sure he's raved about Joe Burrow and many other quarterbacks. Maybe he's raving about Caleb Williams and Drake Maye right now.

On top of that, let's say he goes to Chicago. Is there a Patrick Mahomes in the NFC North? Not even close. As much as I like Dan Campbell, there's no Andy Reid or Sean Payton, either.

Again, I think we're better personnel-wise. But if you think there's no way Harbaugh would prefer the Bears for the reasons I stated you're not being realistic.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Name a good coach. A new name. Not some obvious has done it before and won SB name.

Name a new good one?
        How do you like Frank Smith...?

I think the next coach will be an offensive minded coach. Chargers just invested $260+million in a franchise QB. Get the most out of him. JH is not at his apex yet. There are things he can do better. I'd like to see an improvement in our OL. Protect better... run the ball better. Frank Smith had a brief stop with us. Our OL played very well under his teaching. He's done very well wherever he has been.

Smith started out in New Orleans as assistant OL coach. He learned how important an OL can be. The Saints had a number of Pro Bowl OL. I'm sure he learned a thing or two under Sean Payton.

He then had two stints coaching TE's in Chicago and Oakland. Zach Miller, Martellus Bennet, Jared Cook, Darren Waller. He got to learn offense from Jon Gruden.

After a year with us, he became the Dolphins OC. Dolphins are 1st in rush yards and ypc. Dolphins are 4th in passing yards. He's done a nice job of protecting and developing Tua IMO. He's learning from Mike McDaniels.

Payton, Gruden, and McDaniels... not too bad.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I mean we all have different takes on things. I really want to be the type of forum that anyone can share their views. No matter how outlandish or on point they are. Without getting attacked personally. Its not just the attacks that get me down however. Its the dumming down of this community. I want us to be better fans than that. Especially these days where everyone wakes up angry and looking for people to attack. Those who dont agree with their viewpoints. It started on reality TV. Then social media. Then MSM saw that treating people like shit and attacking from the saftey of your computer was big bucks. Now society is totally fucked. lol

HTG to you as well.
          information age growing pains for humans

1rs3pg.jpg

​​​​​​
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

No names lead to undesirable results. Over and over again

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

True, but in a division with Reid & Peyton -- 2 Super Bowl winners -- it's time to show this franchise is serious about winning.

If they let Harbaugh go to the Raiders and bring in another McMeh/Pound-the-Table/Car Salesman, I gotta go elsewhere.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

No names lead to undesirable results. Over and over again
                No one knew who Pederson was when he got hired by the Eagles. Same thing with John Harbaugh and the Ravens. There are plenty of other examples of guys who stepped up despite not being big names.

Whereas Urban Meyer and Jon Gruden were big names that flamed out.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

True, but in a division with Reid & Peyton -- 2 Super Bowl winners -- it's time to show this franchise is serious about winning.

If they let Harbaugh go to the Raiders and bring in another McMeh/Pound-the-Table/Car Salesman, I gotta go elsewhere.
                  Payton seems to be doing good so far but I wouldn’t crown him yet.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

First of all, you were on the Caleb Williams bandwagon at the beginning of the season. I think both he and Maye are excellent.

What's wrong with Trevor Lawrence? Did I miss somewhere that he's a complete bust? Was he not competitive against the Chiefs in the Divisional Round last season?

I don't understand what you're asking about a cursed franchise. Both the Chargers and Bears are "cursed." The Bears happen to have a Super Bowl title, though.

I'm sure Harbaugh has raved about Herbert. I'm sure he's raved about Joe Burrow and many other quarterbacks. Maybe he's raving about Caleb Williams and Drake Maye right now.

On top of that, let's say he goes to Chicago. Is there a Patrick Mahomes in the NFC North? Not even close. As much as I like Dan Campbell, there's no Andy Reid or Sean Payton, either.

Again, I think we're better personnel-wise. But if you think there's no way Harbaugh would prefer the Bears for the reasons I stated you're not being realistic.

I think he is a good prospect but we don't need a QB so "in" on him isn't the word I'd use.

I thought at the time he would be the #1 pick. Still could, but I'd understand if he isn't.

Imo he has taken a step back this year. Don't think many would argue with that.
                    And even before he did I didn't think he was the best QB ever to be coming out.
                    That's a tough call for any QB. As much as I liked Burrow I didn't say that about him.

I never called Lawrence a bust.
                    Some said he was the best QB to come out in many years. He was a good prospect and struggled early like most do. He is good, but nobody is labeling him the best QB today either is my point.

And yes, the Bears have a SB win and we don't.

Maybe Mahomes isn't such a factor if the division didn't suck? They haven't been dominate this year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I also think we're the more appealing option, personnel wise. I think you're being unrealistic about the Bears not being a contender.

I can see Harbaugh wanting to start over with a rookie quarterback in Williams or Maye and another top five pick over a $262 million Justin Herbert and a soon to be richly paid Rashawn Slater. Aside from the salaries, there is also a possibility Harbaugh will like the potential of Williams or Maye more than Herbert. Let's remember that he went to an NFC Championship with friggin' Alex Smith and a Super Bowl with a terribly overrated Colin Kaepernick.
                      Bears are an institution and if a HC brings it back to the top he will be a constant obsession of the national media and an eternal celebrity aka Parcels etc - that is the allure of the Bears. Their current situation, roster, etc is not the reason a coach would consider it. A HC may feel he’s up to that challenge because he is so good.

Some smart HC’s that have been around the block know that NFL is Not For Long and recognize Herbie is a golden ticket. A guy like Belly has that stature already cemented and wouldn;’t worry about becoming super-coach. He knows a champion Chargers would not have the same national media interest as a champion Bears but they would be interested in the “he did it without Brady” vector. Harbaugh - beats me which way he’d lean, i could easily see him preferring the Bears and Midwest gritty black and blue style of football. I could see anyone living back there interested in getting back to Cali too - it’s not like IL is a low-tax state though it’s not quite as bad as CA. Its close.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think he is a good prospect but we don't need a QB so "in" on him isn't the word I'd use.

I thought at the time he would be the #1 pick. Still could, but I'd understand if he isn't.

Imo he has taken a step back this year. Don't think many would argue with that.
                        And even before he did I didn't think he was the best QB ever to be coming out.
                        That's a tough call for any QB. As much as I liked Burrow I didn't say that about him.

I never called Lawrence a bust.
                        Some said he was the best QB to come out in many years. He was a good prospect and struggled early like most do. He is good, but nobody is labeling him the best QB today either is my point.

And yes, the Bears have a SB win and we don't.

Maybe Mahomes isn't such a factor if the division didn't suck? They haven't been dominate this year.
                        I thought Caleb would be #1 based on all of the hype but I watched 3 USC games and I wouldn’t take him #1 personally. He will still go high to someone.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

How do you like Frank Smith...?

I think the next coach will be an offensive minded coach. Chargers just invested $260+million in a franchise QB. Get the most out of him. JH is not at his apex yet. There are things he can do better. I'd like to see an improvement in our OL. Protect better... run the ball better. Frank Smith had a brief stop with us. Our OL played very well under his teaching. He's done very well wherever he has been.

Smith started out in New Orleans as assistant OL coach. He learned how important an OL can be. The Saints had a number of Pro Bowl OL. I'm sure he learned a thing or two under Sean Payton.

He then had two stints coaching TE's in Chicago and Oakland. Zach Miller, Martellus Bennet, Jared Cook, Darren Waller. He got to learn offense from Jon Gruden.

After a year with us, he became the Dolphins OC. Dolphins are 1st in rush yards and ypc. Dolphins are 4th in passing yards. He's done a nice job of protecting and developing Tua IMO. He's learning from Mike McDaniels.

Payton, Gruden, and McDaniels... not too bad.
                          I think Frank would want to add speed. A lot of speed to the team..I'm okay with that. You cannot teach it.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X