• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

I do not understand this hate towards our headcoach.

- cannot manage game
    - cannot react in game
    - cannot coach defence apart of a scheme that noone seen and noone know
    - his attitude is simply not what attitude of HC dhould be
    - wasted Franchise qb rookie contract
    - putting his staff and players under the bus
    - never considered it may be something wrong with himls way of coaching
    And few other things.

I think it is very clear we have right person at right place in next 5-10 years he can learn and have that luxury to pick players for his schme in next few drafts will help to improve the team.

I would give him 5 years extension today. He is the right answer to all of our problems.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

I know Staley is the defensive guy, and Kellen Moore calls the offense.

How... how... how... is the end of game situation the same as week one?

Every time it's "game on the line"...Chargers can make a drive here... all the other team has to do is blitz... and they are IMMEDIATELY on Justin and he has nowhere to go.

This has happened at LEAST 4 times this year. Figure it out. Good God. We are not the only team that gets blitzed on the last drive.

But it sure looks like it. Looks like we're completely unprepared for that. What do you guys practice for? You are professionals. (we didn't expect that blitz, is NOT an excuse)

Reminds me of back years ago, when Rivers struggled against the AA gap blitz against the Vikings... and so teams did it over and over again to us, and our coaches couldn't solve it.

I'm not sold on Kellen Moore at all. I do think his playcalling is a bit better than Lombardi's. But man... don't you guys scout what other teams are going to do in the 2 minute drill? I just read Popper's article on this on The Athletic.
      The Chargers have possessed the ball trailing by one score in the fourth quarter of eight games this season. They are 1-7 in those games.

So upsetting. 4 of our 5 starting linemen were drafted. By this regime. In the last 5 years. No one can run block. No one can read a blitz, or slide over. Will Clapp is criminally bad as a backup center.

The defense is atrocious. I understood the miscommunications year 1. I knew it was a complex scheme that would take a while from a bunch of guys who had run Gus Bradley's Cover 3...for 3 years to catch on.

But it's year 3. Lots and lots of new players. Tons of money sunk into the defense. And they are worse.

We need an actual GM and an actual Head Coach. Not some guy who was "assistant" to the GM of this season... and some guy who had 1 hot year as a coordinator.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

The solution is so simple - 1 You fire TT & Staley at the end of the season. 2. You hire Jim Harbaugh with a GM he wants to work with so they can fix the problem areas. 3. You give Harbaugh total creative freedom to put together his staff = must watch football going forward!

See it's as simple as 1 2 3...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          The solution is so simple - 1 You fire TT & Staley at the end of the season. 2. You hire Jim Harbaugh with a GM he wants to work with so they can fix the problem areas. 3. You give Harbaugh total creative freedom to put together his staff = must watch football going forward!

Not sure that Dean would allow that to happen. That would mean John would not be allowed to make decisions and its so good for little John Boy to play GM

Seriously though - if Dean actually wanted to win - this is exactly what he would do
          Sit back and watch W's actually happen

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

But why would you want solution next year when Staley can provide better results in 5 years and if not he defo learn in 10 years.

I am not getting why you ppl like rushing things.
            We need consistency at HC position.

Brandon Staley coach of the flip.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

How about now?
              You been a fan long enough to know this wont happen, so why keep asking?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I suspect that if they fire him midseason, which is not how they typically work, it wouldn't be until after they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Right now, they need to win out to finish 10-7 to have a realistic shot at a playoff spot and I think most think there is as much of a chance of winning the lottery as that.
                We are out without technically being out. Its just a formality.

Posters can keep watching other teams and wishing for a loss here and there but it dont matter. We dont win our games.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Maybe if they lose to Zappe and the Patriots that might do it

But you are right, its not the Spanii way. And truly, the only reason I want them to fire them so there is no chance he or Telesco are back. Both need to go. Telesco is overmatched as a GM. He is a bottom tier GM. Maybe bottom 20% of the league. I am not giving him any credit for Rivers
                  He didnt draft Rivers so why should you?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                    I know Staley is the defensive guy, and Kellen Moore calls the offense.

How... how... how... is the end of game situation the same as week one?

Every time it's "game on the line"...Chargers can make a drive here... all the other team has to do is blitz... and they are IMMEDIATELY on Justin and he has nowhere to go.

This has happened at LEAST 4 times this year. Figure it out. Good God. We are not the only team that gets blitzed on the last drive.

But it sure looks like it. Looks like we're completely unprepared for that. What do you guys practice for? You are professionals. (we didn't expect that blitz, is NOT an excuse)

Reminds me of back years ago, when Rivers struggled against the AA gap blitz against the Vikings... and so teams did it over and over again to us, and our coaches couldn't solve it.

I'm not sold on Kellen Moore at all. I do think his playcalling is a bit better than Lombardi's. But man... don't you guys scout what other teams are going to do in the 2 minute drill? I just read Popper's article on this on The Athletic.
                    The Chargers have possessed the ball trailing by one score in the fourth quarter of eight games this season. They are 1-7 in those games.

So upsetting. 4 of our 5 starting linemen were drafted. By this regime. In the last 5 years. No one can run block. No one can read a blitz, or slide over. Will Clapp is criminally bad as a backup center.

The defense is atrocious. I understood the miscommunications year 1. I knew it was a complex scheme that would take a while from a bunch of guys who had run Gus Bradley's Cover 3...for 3 years to catch on.

But it's year 3. Lots and lots of new players. Tons of money sunk into the defense. And they are worse.

We need an actual GM and an actual Head Coach. Not some guy who was "assistant" to the GM of this season... and some guy who had 1 hot year as a coordinator.
                    Cant read it. If you guys want to post athletic articles, paste them. Most of us cant read them.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We are out without technically being out. Its just a formality.

Posters can keep watching other teams and wishing for a loss here and there but it dont matter. We dont win our games.
                      Are there potentially HCs available right now that aren’t on contending teams? This is another reason why Spanos is probably waiting. Not sure what the rule is with college coaches. I do wonder if it applies to GM searches as well.

Teams will no longer be able to conduct in-person interviews with coaching candidates currently employed by other teams until after the divisional round of the playoffs.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                        FUdean
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

Take a look at the pictures under Bolts Final Prep. Does that look like a team that is practicing to win? Looks like a fuking picnic on the beach out there. I know when I was a SD fan we bitched about this very thing in the SDUT forum.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Are there potentially HCs available right now that aren’t on contending teams? This is another reason why Spanos is probably waiting. Not sure what the rule is with college coaches. I do wonder if it applies to GM searches as well.

Teams will no longer be able to conduct in-person interviews with coaching candidates currently employed by other teams until after the divisional round of the playoffs.

Belichick
                          The Bengals DC perhaps - Lou A
                          At one point some thought Wink Martindale would make a good HC

Harbaugh or Quinn for me at this point
                          Hoodie would be interesting

Every other newby name that Shefter or Shrager or Pellisero talk about can just go pound sand and find another team. I saw the new OC from the Eagles, one year, has been listed. What the hell has he done - one year as a coordinator and the offense was built for him. GTFO out with that nonsense

Comment

Working...
                          X